Author Topic: The element of rapping that most mainstream rappers aren't equipped with is...  (Read 12799 times)

MoodMuzik

• Muthafuckin' Don!

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
^like Inverse. 8)

but there aren't as many great upcoming "rappers", maybe guys who think there rappers; but just in it for the money.

then you got a list of upcoming, good rappers; but half of them will sell out when a major label waves a contract & millions in their face.

it won't be around if these wack rappers are continuously promoted; there won't be any money in rap.

guys who are already established can afford to still make real music will do it until they retire; but one day the top rappers of today will retire & all the upcoming kids won't even have an industry to make money in unless they sell out to the mainstream side of things.

MoodMuzik

• Muthafuckin' Don!
^like Inverse. 8)

but there aren't as many great upcoming "rappers", maybe guys who think there rappers; but just in it for the money.

then you got a list of upcoming, good rappers; but half of them will sell out when a major label waves a contract & millions in their face.

it won't be around if these wack rappers are continuously promoted; there won't be any money in rap.

guys who are already established can afford to still make real music will do it until they retire; but one day the top rappers of today will retire & all the upcoming kids won't even have an industry to make money in unless they sell out to the mainstream side of things.

rappers on mainstream labels are forced to put out bullshit

BiggBoogaBiff

^like Inverse. 8)

there will ALWAYS be room 4 both.  why r u so depressed that u can't turn on BET/MTV and see some conscience rapper on the screen or turn on the hip hop radio station and hear a Pete Rock jam session?  get past that shit ASAP.  you're killing hip hop in you're own world (seriously).  Rappers like Dolla (rip) should be able to do tha mainstream thing and not have 2 worry about tha negative feedback that comes with tha territory.  im for tha youngin's makin tracks like "Red Money Jeans".  it's not like companies are putting shit out there that doesn't appeal to people or isn't selling (so what if it's poppish, fuck it, make money- that's the most important thing)  Turn to the BETJ channel if u want that real shit like they used 2 put on blast back in 98'.  They play classics and new classics all day everyday (neo soul and rnb).

CLASSIC!  lol

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
^like Inverse. 8)

yeah, but when you got an 18 year old kid putting out dope hip hop & nobody gives him a chance because nobody cops that shit anymore, if he is talented enough he is going to jump on that autotune, mainstream, club track shit.

in the long run it's going to be ugly. :-\

^like Inverse. 8)

there will ALWAYS be room 4 both.  why r u so depressed that u can't turn on BET/MTV and see some conscience rapper on the screen or turn on the hip hop radio station and hear a Pete Rock jam session?  get past that shit ASAP.  you're killing hip hop in you're own world (seriously).  Rappers like Dolla (rip) should be able to do tha mainstream thing and not have 2 worry about tha negative feedback that comes with tha territory.  im for tha youngin's makin tracks like "Red Money Jeans".  it's not like companies are putting shit out there that doesn't appeal to people or isn't selling (so what if it's poppish, fuck it, make money- that's the most important thing)  Turn to the BETJ channel if u want that real shit like they used 2 put on blast back in 98'.  They play classics and new classics all day everyday (neo soul and rnb).

CLASSIC!  lol

what's a "new classic"? coming from you i know you don't mean Joe Budden lol.

it's not that i want to hear old, classic music; i can listen to that all the time.

it's new guys coming up trying to rap. if there is no money there for them, regardless how good they are, they aren't going to do it. 10-15 years ago rap sold millions of copies an album; rap was the shit to cop. a bangin' beat with hardcore, deep lyrics over it.

now it's a corny, 10 dollar beat that anybody could make & a catchy hook that people are hooked into. i don't even know why people who make that music make verses, i mean people don't give a fuck what they are saying in the verse, there just boppin' there head to the hook lol.

BiggBoogaBiff

^like Inverse. 8)

yeah, but when you got an 18 year old kid putting out dope hip hop & nobody gives him a chance because nobody cops that shit anymore, if he is talented enough he is going to jump on that autotune, mainstream, club track shit.

^like Inverse. 8)

CLASSIC!  lol

it's not that i want to hear old, classic music; i can listen to that all the time.

it's new guys coming up trying to rap. if there is no money there for them, regardless how good they are, they aren't going to do it. 10-15 years ago rap sold millions of copies an album; rap was the shit to cop. a bangin' beat with hardcore, deep lyrics over it.

now it's a corny, 10 dollar beat that anybody could make & a catchy hook that people are hooked into. i don't even know why people who make that music make verses, i mean people don't give a fuck what they are saying in the verse, there just boppin' there head to the hook lol.

so

u really do take YOUR opinion way too serious.  you shouldn't let tha dubb/the internet or yourself determine wats good and wats not when it comes 2 tha masses and wat people want/need to hear. 

« Last Edit: May 20, 2009, 07:20:50 PM by RadioTube! Da Cannon »

MoodMuzik

• Muthafuckin' Don!
^like Inverse. 8)

^like Inverse. 8)

CLASSIC!  lol

so

u really do take YOUR opinion way too serious.  you shouldn't let tha dubb or yourself determine wats good and wats not when it comes 2 tha masses and wat people want/need to hear. 

stop puttin wack shit for us to listen to geez

BiggBoogaBiff

i hated get your walk on.

is this all u wanna hear?  fuck that

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
^like Inverse. 8)

^like Inverse. 8)

CLASSIC!  lol

so

u really do take YOUR opinion way too serious.  you shouldn't let tha dubb/the internet or yourself determine wats good and wats not when it comes 2 tha masses and wat people want/need to hear. 

everybody on this board has already determined your an idiot who knows nothing, but you don't seem to listen to what they have to say about you; so why should i listen to them about music? although, 90% of this board (i think) would agree with what i'm saying here.

i hated get your walk on.

is this all u wanna hear?  fuck that

lol, that's the best link you have ever posted; keep them coming like that! ;) 8)

MoodMuzik

• Muthafuckin' Don!
lol u wouldent kno good rap if it was right in front of your eyes...like it just was

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
haha state your name gangsta?
you must be talkin bout the youtube master?

lol u wouldent kno good rap if it was right in front of your eyes...like it just was
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!

of course lol.

BiggBoogaBiff

We can all agree that we all have different taste and hip hop has a broader fan base than it did 10 years ago.  But you wouldn't go 2 TX or da NO talking that south bullshit.  It's only bullshit and wack in your eyes, if u cant fuck wit a real nigga like Yola then it's obvious you hold a TREMENDOUS bias against the south and liking Pimp C or Scarface or anybody in that circle isn't gonna help ur case at all.  if u cant recognize the real when u see it or hear it then i definitly can't help u and u cant help urself.  There's young niggaz out here just as raw as Face was back in tha day thats out here now, u just gotta look and be open 2 em.  Just bcuz they made a party record or two shouldn't overshadow your outlook on em (and dont tell me that it doesn't bcuz i see that it does).  Bottom line (bcuz im done in this topic 4 now), real recognize real and talent overshadows bullshit; and im not fake- i know wassup, but whatever homie.  

*this wasn't an emo response... believe it.

if Yola ain't a real nigga (and not just bcuz wat happend either bcuz i know thats ur next defense) then you just aint hood.

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
haha "the youtube master that dont know shit about muzik"
yeah yola>>>scarface
fuck outta here

of course lol.
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
^is that Creepa from the first season of "From G'z To Gents"? :laugh:

yeah, i guess you could call him a "real nigga", but that doesn't make him a good rapper.

just because you came up living a real ghetto life, been shot & shit, doesn't just grant you to being a good rapper; you actually have to have talent lmao.