Author Topic: Joe Budden & Method Man Call Into Power 105.1's The Ed Lover Morning Show  (Read 2314 times)

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
On the other hand, it's totally ridiculous for him to claim that the idea of him being the best out is an actual proveable
fact
i dont think he ever claimed to be the best in the game. just meth and as of '09(and other mc's from the list which he didnt mention)

In a way, I kind of lean toward siding with Method Man, just because the whole thing started with him minding
his own business and being called out. 
i agree joe could have worded it better which even he admitted it. but i believe it was joe just havin an opinion which he is allowed.

which brings me to another point. If joe would have "called out" Bow Wow or Soulah Boy,Plies. Nobody would have a gave a shit.

1)cause its obvious that they are not to be mentioned in a greatest list. which doesnt need to be said

2) cause its not that serious of a situation. it was two rappers(joe,Joell) sittin lookin at a bullshit list and speakin on it. there just happened to be a camera on them.

but when you add a rapper that has "iconic,legendary" status people catch feelings. its ok to speak on these lesser known,lower tier rappers but these "legends" are put on a pedestal and are untouchable? shits ridiculous

Elano

On the other hand, it's totally ridiculous for him to claim that the idea of him being the best out is an actual proveable
fact
i dont think he ever claimed to be the best in the game. just meth and as of '09(and other mc's from the list which he didnt mention)

In a way, I kind of lean toward siding with Method Man, just because the whole thing started with him minding
i agree joe could have worded it better which even he admitted it. but i believe it was joe just havin an opinion which he is allowed.

which brings me to another point. If joe would have "called out" Bow Wow or Soulah Boy,Plies. Nobody would have a gave a shit.

1)cause its obvious that they are not to be mentioned in a greatest list. which doesnt need to be said

2) cause its not that serious of a situation. it was two rappers(joe,Joell) sittin lookin at a bullshit list and speakin on it. there just happened to be a camera on them.

but when you add a rapper that has "iconic,legendary" status people catch feelings. its ok to speak on these lesser known,lower tier rappers but these "legends" are put on a pedestal and are untouchable? shits ridiculous

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
also i just want to point out that im willing to bet most of the dudes talkin down on Budden have not heard a track outside of "Pump It Up".

check the dudes catalog. Mood Muzik1-3,Half-Way House,Padded Room,Slaughterhouse tracks. you might be pleasantly surprised.

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
fact

elano,nice to see you come through and add so much to the discussion lol

Elano

also i just want to point out that im willing to bet most of the dudes talkin down on Budden have not heard a track outside of "Pump It Up".

check the dudes catalog. Mood Muzik1-3,Half-Way House,Padded Room,Slaughterhouse tracks. you might be pleasantly surprised.

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/kc9JOiyfy14" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/kc9JOiyfy14</a>

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Id rather be rich n unhappy than poor n miserable
why do budden fans always say things like "yall never heard anything outside of pump it up"? 

maybe they have, and just plain didnt like budden??

'Oh I can't see him, I can't see God', YA'LL CAN'T SEE FUCKIN' AIR NEITHER!
Quote from: QuietTruth
Prove to me the wind. Show me the wind man. I want proof of that shit. Cuz I don't see it.

Elano

why do budden fans always say things like "yall never heard anything outside of pump it up"? 

you know.....they are fuckin groupies

OG Hack Wilson

He hasn't dropped one solo album that is impressive in my opinion.

You never heard "Tical"?

LOL

the 2nd tical may have been betteer simply cuz of JUDGEMTN DAY rules
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

thisoneguy360

Game went at Budden right when he signed with G-Unit and then Budden responded with "Game Over" and absolutely destroyed him.  Budden murked Game even worse then Yukmouth did, even Game would admit that he got slaughtered by Joey, it was no contest.

LOL I don't even think he would...I remember watching Beef 3 and Game saying something like I ain't even worried about Budden let him get back to his bubble gum music. I like Game more than Budden but LMAO @ anyone who thinks Game won that shit.

thisoneguy360

Joey made a lot of good points but I think speaking on Meth in general is just stupid. I like Method Man's flow better but at this point I don't think people can really argue that Buddens is a better lyricist, but I don't understand why he feels he needs to say he'd "rip his head off" and shit like that. Joey may be a better lyricist but he'll never be shit to Meth or ever have the same love and respect.

JohnnyL

fact

Alright.  To be fair, I should clarify that I slightly misremembered what he said.  He didn't say that he was the best.  He said that he was one of the best.

Here is an exact quote from that interview:

"When I got signed my goal was to let people know that I was one of the best rappers ever."

I can't even say I disagree with him.  In fact, I do agree that he's one of the best rappers out today.  But let's be real.  We'd be lying to ourselves if we said that there was no ego involved here.  Budden said that him being better than Methodman is a provable fact.  That's ridiculous.  There's no way to prove such a thing.  Even if he beat Methodman in a battle (which I openly admit is a distinct possibility) how does that prove with absolute certainty that he's better than Meth?  For one thing, what's to say that Methodman wouldn't beat him in a re-match?  And moreover, how does Joe Budden beating Methodman in a battle now, retroactively detract from the idea that Methodman has, in the past, dropped dope verses on countless albums?  
 Look, I think Budden raised some good points.  And I completely agree with him that that list Vibe put out is ridiculous.  And you're probably right that if he called out Bow Wow or Soulja Boy, people probably wouldn't have cared.  And I think we can agree that that's because their inclusion on a list like this is so ridiculous to begin with.  But where I take issue with Budden's statement is when he tries to pass his opinions as fact.  I'm not even saying I think he's wrong, because in most cases, I agree with what he's saying.  But those are still just opinions.  The idea of Bow Wow and Soulja Boy being two of the all-time greats, as ridiculous as it is, still isn't something that can be disproved, as it applies to the realm of fact verses opinion.  I doubt very many people share that view.  But holding the opposite belief, doesn't change the fact that it's a belief.  Not a fact.

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!

cause in alot of cases its true.myself included that people speak on music whether they listened to the artist or not. you dont like him its cool. joe budden or any artist is not for everybody.

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
fact

Alright.  To be fair, I should clarify that I slightly misremembered what he said.  He didn't say that he was the best.  He said that he was one of the best.

Here is an exact quote from that interview:

"When I got signed my goal was to let people know that I was one of the best rappers ever."

I can't even say I disagree with him.  In fact, I do agree that he's one of the best rappers out today.  But let's be real.  We'd be lying to ourselves if we said that there was no ego involved here.  Budden said that him being better than Methodman is a provable fact.  That's ridiculous.  There's no way to prove such a thing.  Even if he beat Methodman in a battle (which I openly admit is a distinct possibility) how does that prove with absolute certainty that he's better than Meth?  For one thing, what's to say that Methodman wouldn't beat him in a re-match?  And moreover, how does Joe Budden beating Methodman in a battle now, retroactively detract from the idea that Methodman has, in the past, dropped dope verses on countless albums?  
 Look, I think Budden raised some good points.  And I completely agree with him that that list Vibe put out is ridiculous.  And you're probably right that if he called out Bow Wow or Soulja Boy, people probably wouldn't have cared.  And I think we can agree that that's because their inclusion on a list like this is so ridiculous to begin with.  But where I take issue with Budden's statement is when he tries to pass his opinions as fact.  I'm not even saying I think he's wrong, because in most cases, I agree with what he's saying.  But those are still just opinions.  The idea of Bow Wow and Soulja Boy being two of the all-time greats, as ridiculous as it is, still isn't something that can be disproved, as it applies to the realm of fact verses opinion.  I doubt very many people share that view.  But holding the opposite belief, doesn't change the fact that it's a belief.  Not a fact.
i got you and can co-sign most of what you have said in this thread. audio would have been cool,im not gonna lie. but its safe to say its old now and time to move on.

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Joey may be a better lyricist but he'll never be shit to Meth or ever have the same love and respect.
you might be right but im hopin after Slaughterhouse drops and after the next solo joint he might startin gettin more exposure. then maybe his career might be looked at different when its over