Author Topic: Terminator Salvation  (Read 1018 times)

acgrundy

Re: Terminator Salvation
« Reply #60 on: September 08, 2009, 11:14:37 PM »
might wanna spoiler tag that somehow, its a great moment for people that dont know about it.

T2 >> TS >>> T1 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> T3 (piece of shit)

this movie isn't like T2 in that it has appeal in the sense of drama/emotional depth, but its fun as fuck. Siskel used to say a good movie has 3 good scenes and no bad ones. Well, this has atleast 5 great ones and my complaints are minimal. Go see this shit!

WTF??? you put TS over the OG?  Are you fucking crazy???

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #61 on: September 11, 2009, 11:19:16 PM »
yeah the og was dope but damn this one was clean too
the og prolly wins but this comes close IMO
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Blasphemy

« Reply #62 on: September 12, 2009, 02:54:28 AM »

Terminator Salvation was a piece of shit. If you can't really see that, you need a head examine. Besides the constant plotholes, shitty character development, and the over all faggotry of it. T3 was way better. T3 may of had comedy, and it may of Not been needed, but THIS was not needed. T3 was good cause it didn't do the bitch move and prevent Judgement day. This did the bitch move by ignore nearly everything in the previous 3 movies, Taking on elements of The Matrix and Transformers. They did the stupidest things that don't make sense every couple of minutes.

The R rating wouldn't of helped this, even if they ampped up the violence its a piece of shit. Its amazing 200 million wasted, while District 9 was made only for 20mil and was 10 times better. The terminator Franchise has officially gone the way of hollywood. Generic, unintelligent, and uninspiring. Honestly, rewatch T1 and T2 and T3 future scenes and You'll see they didn't get shit right.

I mean They had a scene in L.A. were are the skulls? How come we didn't get to actually see The City of Angels in a destroyed hell....Honestly I like it, but this was sell out material at the max.

JohnnyL

« Reply #63 on: September 14, 2009, 01:12:08 PM »

Terminator Salvation was a piece of shit. If you can't really see that, you need a head examine. Besides the constant plotholes, shitty character development, and the over all faggotry of it. T3 was way better. T3 may of had comedy, and it may of Not been needed, but THIS was not needed. T3 was good cause it didn't do the bitch move and prevent Judgement day. This did the bitch move by ignore nearly everything in the previous 3 movies, Taking on elements of The Matrix and Transformers. They did the stupidest things that don't make sense every couple of minutes.

The R rating wouldn't of helped this, even if they ampped up the violence its a piece of shit. Its amazing 200 million wasted, while District 9 was made only for 20mil and was 10 times better. The terminator Franchise has officially gone the way of hollywood. Generic, unintelligent, and uninspiring. Honestly, rewatch T1 and T2 and T3 future scenes and You'll see they didn't get shit right.

I mean They had a scene in L.A. were are the skulls? How come we didn't get to actually see The City of Angels in a destroyed hell....Honestly I like it, but this was sell out material at the max.

I don't know.  I agree with you that the ending of T3 was pretty cool.  And I gotta give them respect for keeping T3 rated R.  There was definitely some cool shit in T3.  But overall, it was way too campy.  I mean, it wasn't Batman and Robin campy.  But it was way more campy than a Terminator movie should be. 
 While TS wasn't a perfect movie by any stretch, I enjoyed it more than T3 just because it was done in a completely serious tone.  The action sequences in TS were really well executed too.
  Really, I think everything that's been done with the franchise post Terminator 2 has been unnecessary, but I've enjoyed all the movies.  I just liked Terminator Salvation a bit more than Terminator 3.

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #64 on: September 15, 2009, 08:13:38 PM »
nah i said the first 1 and SECOND 1 (T2) is prolly the best but t3 wasnt that bad...some futuristic shit
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Blasphemy

« Reply #65 on: September 16, 2009, 08:59:15 AM »

I don't know.  I agree with you that the ending of T3 was pretty cool.  And I gotta give them respect for keeping T3 rated R.  There was definitely some cool shit in T3.  But overall, it was way too campy.  I mean, it wasn't Batman and Robin campy.  But it was way more campy than a Terminator movie should be. 
 While TS wasn't a perfect movie by any stretch, I enjoyed it more than T3 just because it was done in a completely serious tone.  The action sequences in TS were really well executed too.
  Really, I think everything that's been done with the franchise post Terminator 2 has been unnecessary, but I've enjoyed all the movies.  I just liked Terminator Salvation a bit more than Terminator 3.

If you're going off the just the tone then use TS is better then the T3 comedy. But compare all the flaws, T3 didn't contradict, and gave a gave a reason (Even though it still wasn't needed). But T3 at least fit in the storyline and could of been used to set up teh Future easier. With the advancement of weapons, tech, everything when T3 came, It would of been easier to make the transition to the aftermath both on film and in the story. eh either way I hope James Cameron returns for T5 I hear he might come back directing.

but another thing lots of the hardcore fans seem to keep mentioning. Cameron liked T3, He didn't have TS back at all.

eazye

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • shorty_tha_pimp a.k.a. extra.P
« Reply #66 on: September 17, 2009, 11:23:27 AM »

If you're going off the just the tone then use TS is better then the T3 comedy. But compare all the flaws, T3 didn't contradict, and gave a gave a reason (Even though it still wasn't needed). But T3 at least fit in the storyline and could of been used to set up teh Future easier. With the advancement of weapons, tech, everything when T3 came, It would of been easier to make the transition to the aftermath both on film and in the story. eh either way I hope James Cameron returns for T5 I hear he might come back directing.

but another thing lots of the hardcore fans seem to keep mentioning. Cameron liked T3, He didn't have TS back at all.
didn't McG say he had Cameron's blessings for this movie?

Either way as a movie by itself it's not as bad as people are claiming it to be, but as a Terminator movie it just shouldn't have had so many plotholes and discrepancies.Cool action scenes, and I liked Anton Yelchin and Sam Worthington, thought they did a good ass job
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8</a>

JohnnyL

« Reply #67 on: September 17, 2009, 01:07:41 PM »

Don't get me wrong, I don't mean to sound like I hate T3.  I thought the story in T3 was pretty cool.  And like you said, the ending was cool.  I even like some of the humor.  For instance, the scene where they're in the cemetary and Dr. Silberman sees the Terminators again and runs away.  I thought that was pretty funny, and a cool nod to the other movies.  Some of the humor though, went a little too far.  I wasn't too thrilled with the "talk to the hand line," and I really hated the part where Arnold put on the star shaped, stripper sunglasses.  All in all, I still liked the movie.  I actually found it on blu-ray the other day for 10 bucks, and was pretty happy to find it for that price as it was also the only one I didn't have yet on blu-ray.
  Regarding what you said about Cameron returning to the franchise, I hadn't heard anything but that would be great if he did.  I still think the first two are the best, and I doubt any of the sequels will ever surpass those.

Blasphemy

« Reply #68 on: September 17, 2009, 08:15:27 PM »

Either way as a movie by itself it's not as bad as people are claiming it to be, but as a Terminator movie it just shouldn't have had so many plotholes and discrepancies.Cool action scenes, and I liked Anton Yelchin and Sam Worthington, thought they did a good ass job

Yeah they did, but No Cameron didn't give the blessing. That was later found out to be a misconception between the two. MCG later said he didn't like the franchise. He went bitch after it flopped.If you visit IMDB page for TS lots of the posters posted all the articles and stuff. but yeah, The entire thing fell apart for a lot.

Also yeah, They said he might return as the director. But I doubt it given the fact hes moved on and already workin on Avatar.

eazye

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • shorty_tha_pimp a.k.a. extra.P
« Reply #69 on: September 18, 2009, 12:08:25 AM »

Yeah they did, but No Cameron didn't give the blessing. That was later found out to be a misconception between the two. MCG later said he didn't like the franchise. He went bitch after it flopped.If you visit IMDB page for TS lots of the posters posted all the articles and stuff. but yeah, The entire thing fell apart for a lot.

Also yeah, They said he might return as the director. But I doubt it given the fact hes moved on and already workin on Avatar.
that's a bitch move from him right there...

I'll still watch the extended version of TS if it still comes out tho, even If I doubt it'll improve the movie

And as much as I'd love to see Cameron get back to the franchise, I don't see that happening.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8</a>

Blasphemy

« Reply #70 on: September 18, 2009, 07:34:07 AM »

that's a bitch move from him right there...

I'll still watch the extended version of TS if it still comes out tho, even If I doubt it'll improve the movie

And as much as I'd love to see Cameron get back to the franchise, I don't see that happening.

Yeah, I plan on watching the Directors cut also. But I bet it will be like saw 5. Saw 5 directors cut was promised to be 15 minutes longer, all they did was extend a couple of scenes by a few seconds and the entire movie via 5 or 6. IMO A directors Cut won't add anything. I'll probably get it, but its not on my to do list.