Author Topic: If this man isn't biased then you're dickridin'  (Read 182 times)

BiggBoogaBiff

If this man isn't biased then you're dickridin'
« on: May 27, 2009, 09:46:22 AM »
http://allhiphop.com/stories/djsproducers/archive/2009/05/27/21614431.aspx

now i COMPLETLY understand that Premo is an old man and I understand what he was gettin' at but c'mon.  You mean 2 tell me you couldn't come up with 5/6 Hip Hop producers that came out since the late 80's/early 90's/2000's?  Yo, THIS IS NO COUNTRY FOR OLD MEN.  these pioneers need 2 steer their asses to tha back lane now and let the newer legends (like Snoop, DMX, etc.) get their shine on now and take over their role/spot.  You don't hear Rev Run on this bullshit about what's hip hop and what's not, and atleast the man gives credit where credit is due.  I can't fuck wit Preme on this 1, his opinion is shitty.

Digital Pimpin'

Re: If this man isn't biased then you're dickridin'
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2009, 09:51:16 AM »
Premo's gonna give it up to the producers he grew up listening to. Dr. Dre would probably have had Clinton, Jones and Brown in there as well.

I mean, I can't really see Dre or Premo shouting out Kanye, will.i.am, Scott Storch etc. when these people have yet to surpass them.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2009, 10:04:45 AM »
Premo's gonna give it up to the producers he grew up listening to. Dr. Dre would probably have had Clinton, Jones and Brown in there as well.

I mean, I can't really see Dre or Premo shouting out Kanye, will.i.am, Scott Storch etc. when these people have yet to surpass them.

i c ur point but still, spread tha luv (especially a person in ur position).  but i cood c Dre shouting out newer Producers like the people he's worked with and DJ Quik and others. 

Invincible

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2009, 10:27:36 AM »

i c ur point but still, spread tha luv (especially a person in ur position).  but i cood c Dre shouting out newer Producers like the people he's worked with and DJ Quik and others. 

We wouldn't be able to get an interview from Dre. To busy preparing Detox.  ;D

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2009, 10:54:22 AM »
I have no problem with that list from Premo. If it was Dre, it would be Clinton, Q.Jones and James Brown and maybe a hip-hop producer like Premo. So it's all relative. If it was a list by Kanye, it'd be a list with Dre, Premo and maybe an older producer like Q.Jones, you want to work with who influences you, people you feel are above your peers, not people influenced by you.

Cali Climate

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2009, 11:08:23 AM »
Snoop is a newer legend?

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2009, 02:10:44 PM »
Snoop is a newer legend?

He's a star of the 90's, thats wat i meant.  not an icon/pioneer from the 80's like Cube or KRS