Author Topic: (VIDEO) Dead Prez explains why Asher Roth is Swine Flu & Al Sharpton's a Snitch  (Read 1060 times)

Elano

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/mlyzr67iWWg" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/mlyzr67iWWg</a>

BiggBoogaBiff

i agree, i just wish it wasn't them saying it

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Dead Prez are about racist as the KKK and are a bunch of hypocrites.  So, their opinions are about as relevant to me as the chemical properties of the planet Neptune.  These the kind of cats that think they're smart but they ain't all that.

With that said, Let's Get Free is an underground classic and I enjoyed their Turn Off the Radio mixtapes. 
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

JohnnyL

Well, they're entitled to their opinion.  Personally, I hadn't heard of Asher Roth until a few weeks ago.  When I first saw his cd, I thought it was gonna be crap.  But
after listening to it, it's a well produced album.  The dude can flow too, I'm not sure why he gets so much hate (other than he's a white dude I guess, and some people
just can't let that shit go).  I'll say this, I can see that maybe his music isn't for everybody.  His beats aren't purely hip hop influenced, and maybe that's off-putting to
some of the hip hop traditionalists.  That's kind of splitting hairs though.  I really can't think of any other reason the dude gets so much hate.   He also had some really nice
guest features on his album too.
  Oh well.  Everyone's entitled to their opinion.  Not everyone likes the same shit, and I guess you can't really hate on these guys for giving their honest opinion to a
question.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Dead Prez are about racist as the KKK and are a bunch of hypocrites.

what's there opinon's on Eminem?

word, less than 500 people are going to see this interview lol.

J Bananas

lol niggers

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Dead Prez are about racist as the KKK and are a bunch of hypocrites.

what's there opinon's on Eminem?

word, less than 500 people are going to see this interview lol.

I don't know.  I have a hard time taking Dead Prez too serious.  I think they're message is inconsistent and they occasionally hit the head on the nail.  To me they take a step forward and end up taking 5 steps backwards.   
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

BiggBoogaBiff

I thought they represented themselves well but they've smeared their own characters a way back.  I can dig the militant black man, but you have to also understand the image you display when you do that has to be on precision and not just leaving them with a bad impression.  But more power to them, I hope they spark somebody's mind to do it.

Muhfukka

dead prez sucks dick 80% of the people buying their shit are rich white college kids

Triple OG Rapsodie

dead prez sucks dick 80% of the people buying their shit are rich white college kids

I doubt that. The rich white college kids are the ones they talk shit about.

Triple OG Rapsodie

Well, they're entitled to their opinion.  Personally, I hadn't heard of Asher Roth until a few weeks ago.  When I first saw his cd, I thought it was gonna be crap.  But
after listening to it, it's a well produced album.  The dude can flow too, I'm not sure why he gets so much hate (other than he's a white dude I guess, and some people
just can't let that shit go).  I'll say this, I can see that maybe his music isn't for everybody.  His beats aren't purely hip hop influenced, and maybe that's off-putting to
some of the hip hop traditionalists.  That's kind of splitting hairs though.  I really can't think of any other reason the dude gets so much hate.   He also had some really nice
  Oh well.  Everyone's entitled to their opinion.  Not everyone likes the same shit, and I guess you can't really hate on these guys for giving their honest opinion to a
question.

Did anyone actually listen to the interview? They didn't diss Asher M1 just said he doesn't fuck with him.

The Overfiend

snuck up on Malachi and made the motherfucker suck on a shuck of corn

JohnnyL

question.

Did anyone actually listen to the interview? They didn't diss Asher M1 just said he doesn't fuck with him.

Technically, you're right.  But I don't see that as a glowing endorsement either.  They obviously don't fuck with him because they think he sucks.  I did watch the interview.  And you're right, they're probably not saying anything that you could technically call a diss.  But half of it's in their attitude.  It's pretty obvious that they don't think he should be rapping.  Like I said, if that's their opinion then that's their opinion.  But let's not call it something it's not.  **Oh, and comparing him to swine flu might not be a literal diss, but it's about the farthest thing from flattering that I could imagine.**
« Last Edit: May 31, 2009, 09:37:20 AM by JohnnyL »

MediumL

I doubt that. The rich white college kids are the ones they talk shit about.

the funny thing is though that they gonna on uni campus tours.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454</a>

JohnnyL

snuck up on Malachi and made the motherfucker suck on a shuck of corn

great line....great track.