Author Topic: (New) WeTheWest.com Interview with Taje'  (Read 67 times)

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
(New) WeTheWest.com Interview with Taje'
« on: May 31, 2009, 11:27:14 PM »
Check out my new interview with Taje' that I did for www.wethewest.com

http://www.wethewest.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=196:interview-with-taje&catid=34:2009-04-19-16-25-13

Los Angeles area rapper Taje' first broke out as a member of Bishop Lamont's War Doggz crew and has since dropped two outstanding street tajealbums called Hotbox 1 and 2. Although they are officially classified as "mixtapes", Taje' has molded his two projects to be more like actual albums by using all original production for his songs. Last year, Taje' was involved in world wide publicized video when he, Bishop Lamont and DJ Warrior confronted DJ Strong over what they felt were shady business practices. It was an incident that labeled him as a "bully" by some, but since then Taje' has been working to show that he is not the bully that some have made him out to be. In this new interview with WetheWest.com, Taje' talks about the new projects, working on Dr. Dre's Detox album and more!

Styles: You staying out of trouble these days or what?

Taje: Uh....I'm staying out of trouble today! Naw, I'm trying to stay out of trouble and take this music thing seriously. You can't do anything in jail. Fuck jail. But yes, I am staying out of trouble. All of you haters out there, don't make me fuck something up. I'm trying to stay out of trouble (laughs).

Styles: You decided to throw another Hotbox project on us. What's up with #3?

Taje: It's coming this summer. It's definitely a step up. It will show that I've evolved as an artist - not just lyrically but musically. I've got DJ Khalil, 9th Wonder, Denaun Porter, Dae One, and Focus.

Styles: Damn, this sounds like a more serious project than past Hotbox albums.

Taje: Yeah, this is like a production. Most of my mixtapes are more like albums anyway. This Hotbox is going to be more like a production and I'm pretty proud of it. I didn't think, "I have to do this type of song or that type of song." I just had fun with this one. Whatever I felt, I went with. God has blessed me with the producers to make it sound real good, so I'm excited about it. I'm getting together with DJ Whoo-Kid and of course I'm rolling with DJ Warrior.

Styles: DJ Whoo-Kid is hosting this?

Taje: Yeah, Whoo-Kid is going to host it. Whoo-Kid, G-Unit and 50 are like family.

Styles: Awww...so you are going to have screaming and tags over your mixtapes this time?

Taje: Naw, with me even when a DJ hosts a tape I always make sure that they place their tags at the right spots. Nobody likes tags but the DJ's are doing their part on a marketing level to help you get it out - so they have to brand themselves. But it's all about placing [tags] at the right spot. Don't place it over the lyrics. Don't place it over the hook. There's a space at the end of the song where there is nothing else happening. You just say your name and talk your little shit and then Boom - go to the next song. You've got to be strategic. We've got to come together on this thing because if I say that I don't want DJ's to be a part of mixtapes then they won't want to push the mixtapes. So just as I want them to respect me as an artist, I have to respect what they do. I have total trust in Whoo-Kid and I have total trust in Warrior - and the other DJ's that I fuck with. You know I'm not going to have that screaming shit on my thing - c'mon man. Warrior did my last tape and it wasn't a problem. I feel you fans though because I want to hear songs tag free too.

Styles: This is your 3rd Hotbox. Are you going to keep going with this or is this the last one before you drop an album?

Taje: I'm probably going to stay doing the Hotbox series but I do have an album that I'm working on. The mixtapes have been good for me. I'm not going to stop doing them but the album is in the works. I've got a couple of little secret weapons on there. I am about to take that next step. I am known in the game but at the same time I'm always trying to move ahead. I know that I can get my shit even bigger. If I can get myself bigger then the majors will come to me and let me do what I want.

Styles: Have you been talking to labels or are you still just dealing with Bishop Lamont's Arch Diocese?

Taje: I've been talking to all of the majors. Me and Bishop are partners and have been in business forever but the good thing about us is that we let each other expand. That's my nigga. Fuck music or whatever. That's my nigga - and thats why when he has problems, I have problems. I have had meetings with labels. In this day and age of the music industry and with the economy being what it is, a lot of niggas have meetings but I'm not going to broadcast the details. It's coming and it's happening - and shouts out to all of those I've been meeting with. I've got some people courting me right now.

Styles: Some of your press releases have stated that you've been doing work on Dr. Dre's Detox. Is that true?

Taje: Yeah. I've had the opportunity to be in the studio for the last 2 years. That's another blessing that I've had. What's up to Dre, the D.O.C. and everybody else that's been working on Detox.

Styles: To what capacity have you been involved with that project?

Taje: The same thing that everybody else has been doing - writing, helping with songs and coming up with ideas. At the end of the day you've got to trust the Dr. The Dr. is going to do what he wants to do. I have total respect for him. When he says to do something, it's done.

Styles: (Laughs) It was you that leaked those recent songs, wasn't it?

Taje: (Laughs) No, no, no, no. I haven't leaked anything. Shit, I don't have it to leak! Whoever did that, you did a good job because the people that wrote the songs didn't even have them. You aren't leaving the studio with those songs. It's just computer hacking at it's best I guess.

Styles: How is Bishop Lamont doing these days?

Taje: Bishop is great! He's working on tours - we already did the overseas thing. He's doing good right now.

Styles: What's up with all of these rumors about him getting dropped from Aftermath? Some have said it's true and then others say it's not true.

Taje: It's crazy because when you are at a certain level, some people want to see you fail. They want to see you get dropped. No he hasn't been dropped. That nigga is still on Aftermath and it's still all good. Whatever Dre and Bishop decide to do with his career, it's going to be the best thing. There aren't any issues.

Styles: Who do you think is starting all of these rumors about him?

Taje: It can come from anywhere. I don't know where it's coming from. There are a lot of people out there that like to see people fail. Bishop is in a good position. He's working with the best ever and a lot of people envy that shit. It's hearsay and I don't cater to hearsay. I speak what I know and Bishop is alright - trust me.

Styles: You haven't been attacking any DJ's lately, have you?

Taje: Naw man. I have nothing but love for the DJ's. That issue with DJ Strong wasn't even about DJ's. It was just.... Don't do niggas shady. That's the only time I get in to problems. I don't bother anybody. Do me right and I'll do you right.

Styles: You've become known as "Taje from the DJ Strong video."

Taje: It's crazy the things that will get you that attention. I've had a whole underground career before that shit ever happened. But it's a blessing I guess. Thanks DJ Strong! He said that he found God and all that - and I congratulate him on that. He doesn't have any problems from me. God bless him - straight up. I've got no ill will towards niggas.

Styles: What's up with the Get It Gang? You released that project not too long ago. Is there anything new coming from the group?

Taje: The Get It Gang tape did surprisingly very well.

(Ace Da Smoothest of The Get It Gang interupts)

Ace: What do you mean it did "suprisingly" well?

Taje: I say that because it was 4 new people and it did well. It got in the magazines and other spots. People appreciated it.

Styles: Is Part 2 coming?

Taje: Hell yeah it is - right after Hotbox 3. Ace has a CD coming out. Indef has a tape coming out. We stay working. People from all over the world hit me up with that shit.

Styles: Leave us with something.

Taje: This is what I'm going to say to y'all niggas: Move forward! Stop spending so much time thinking about what the next nigga is doing and what his deal looks like. Be concerned with what your deal looks like. Let's all respect each other because shit is already fucked up. The economy is bad - and I don't want to have to spend my time and money fucking somebody up. I'd rather spend my time and money making money with someone. If you see me, hit me with a Swisher and I'll probably smoke something with you. Get that Hotbox 3. Shouts out to Styles - he's been here since Hotbox 1 - while I was making that shit.         

Enjoy....
« Last Edit: May 31, 2009, 11:54:22 PM by Rud »
SENIOR WRITER FOR WWW.ALLHIPHOP.COM

WWW.TWITTER.COM/TIM_SANCHEZ

Episcop Cruel Cvrle

Re: (New) WeTheWest.com Interview with Taje'
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2009, 11:29:05 PM »
thanx for posting styles.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

SLAUGHTERHOUSE PLAYER YOU ALREADY KNOW THO,A PIG IS OUR LOGO, BUT WE AINT THA PO-PO

WWW.DYNASTYENTGROUP.COM    WWW.THEBOSSBOARD.COM