Author Topic: I will be honest and say that Lebron really did disappoint me  (Read 549 times)

S P I C E

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • LOOK WHO'S BACK
There is no excuse for not congratulating the Magic and then refusing to talk to the media, Bron completely threw the rest of his team under the bus to do all of the dirty work, the fact that the rest of his team was pathetic in this series is no excuse.  Lebron is only 24 but he is supposed to set the example and he is supposed to be the leader so this was not a good move from him.  I am honestly more excited about the Finals match up we have because I think the Magic match up better against LA and I am happy that the media and David Stern did not get what they wanted.  The puppet commercials were pathetic IMO and complete disrespect to the Magic and Nuggets, and people wonder why the masses in this country like MLB and NFL so much more than the NBA, just my 2 cents.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2009, 07:39:10 PM by Denny Crane »

DIP DIP SET SET

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Re: I will be honest and say that Lebron really did disappoint me
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2009, 07:40:04 PM »
na, the MLB is by far the best sport, for other reasons than that.

steroids spoil old records, but if everybody does then it's almost as if everybody does it; so it doesn't KILL the sport like officiating does to the NBA & the NFL.

NBA officiating is by far the worst in all of sports.

there is a foul, travel, carry, etc. on just about 90% of every possetion & refs only make calls when they feel like it or its more blatant than it looks otherwise.

people say LeBron travels on every play, that's cool; maybe he does, but if they don't call it the first 80 times in a game, they shouldn't call it on the 81st time.

same goes for other players in the league & the same goes for fouls & shit.

the NFL also; how many times do you watch big plays get called back because of a hold that didn't even affect the play?

how come sometimes cornerbacks & safety's can really get physical with a WR & nothing is called & sometimes they can just touch them & the flag gets thrown?

i mean i love watching the sports, i love the ideas of the sports; but the officiating just makes basketball & football almost impossible to watch sometimes; just my look on it.

MLB>>>NBA & NFL.

S P I C E

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • LOOK WHO'S BACK
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2009, 07:44:53 PM »
^^I agree man 100%!!  And the steroids don't ruin baseball for me as far as this era is concerned however I will say that I feel for all of the old players in the 50's-70's that did it the right way.  How can we call Bonds, Clemens, Manny and ARod cheaters when it has been proven that the majority of this era in baseball used performance enhancing drugs?  It doesn't make sense to call a few players out of thousands to call cheaters just because they were the best.

DIP DIP SET SET

thisoneguy360

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2009, 07:53:31 PM »
Good post Spice, most of what you said was on point, I still prefer the NBA to the other sports but there's definitely way too much bullshit going on.

S P I C E

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • LOOK WHO'S BACK
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2009, 07:55:28 PM »
Good post Spice, most of what you said was on point, I still prefer the NBA to the other sports but there's definitely way too much bullshit going on.

Oh I love the NBA man but David Stern, officiating and the media make it hard sometimes.

DIP DIP SET SET

thisoneguy360

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2009, 07:59:56 PM »
^ No doubt, I'm not gonna front and say it would be easy to officiate in the NBA but some a lot of the guys they have doing it are nothing short of pathetic.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2009, 08:03:10 PM by 360 »

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2009, 08:07:59 PM »
yeah i feel what you sayin and i agree
the mlb shit is dumb and dont make sense but its whatever
the refs in nba arent right
but yeah what james did was wrong and what he said was dumb
the shit he said bout if he got a beatdown....that he wouldnt face his opponent (whatever he said) that shit is dumb and why wouldnt you face your winners when you gon have to face them and the media sooner or later?
why not face them at the game when its fresh
ima always be a fan of james and always have been but what he did gives a different side to him and makes him look like a loser for real, and he only made howard look much better who was the underdog in all of this IMO let along kobe

^^I agree man 100%!!  And the steroids don't ruin baseball for me as far as this era is concerned however I will say that I feel for all of the old players in the 50's-70's that did it the right way.  How can we call Bonds, Clemens, Manny and ARod cheaters when it has been proven that the majority of this era in baseball used performance enhancing drugs?  It doesn't make sense to call a few players out of thousands to call cheaters just because they were the best.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2009, 08:09:55 PM by enyce »
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2009, 08:35:59 PM »
are you ready to take back your ridiculous ass "LeBron>Kobe" claims? LOL

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2009, 08:44:22 PM »
you know thats the problem wit muffuccaz today IMO (in general especially in the media)
they say shit one way but then when it happens opposite they twist what they said in the first and try and act like they said it the right way (which in sports there isnt a exact right way) to begin wit
example:
this whole kobe vs howard vs james thing
until game 6 muffuccaz was sayin james is the best player ever...right now...etc...
then he loses game 6...now them same muffuccaz is talkin bad about him and callin him the worst this n that...
muffuccaz wait for shit to happen to "lock" their official opinion in before they talk big and act like they knew when to begin wit they didnt and are wrong in the end

are you ready to take back your ridiculous ass "LeBron>Kobe" claims? LOL
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

OchoCinco

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2009, 09:01:53 PM »
So ur SPICE, i was wonderin who u were. And u better watch ur self dogg, ive been told this means ur in love with Kobe and are just trying to hate on Lebron. I tried to say the exact same thing and thats the response i received.

OchoCinco

« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2009, 09:34:21 PM »
Dwights thoughts.

When asked about LeBron's disappearing act, Howard said he received a congratulatory, late-night e-mail and didn't sound too vexed.

"I just thought he would have said something to me, or said something to the team. He's probably upset, probably hurt and understand that, respect it. One day we'll see each other," he said, "and I'll have to wait until then."

But in the next moment, asked whether he was surprised, Howard barely hesitated.

"Real surprised," he said. No one competes in a sport to make excuses or concession speeches. But being able to make a passable one — even if it's just muttering "well done" in a handshake line — used to be a consequence of losing, a lesson in responsibility.

What James did offended old-school sensibilities, to be sure, but it also sent the wrong message to the guys playing against and especially alongside him at the moment.

If that's his idea of leadership, he's headed in the wrong direction.

Antonio

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • R.I.P. Nate
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2009, 02:18:34 AM »
Too much pressure on this guy.

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2009, 02:26:48 AM »
When people talk about James they bring up, Whoa! dude is only 24...
So let's chalk this up to his still being a kid.

And move on....
Don't worry CLE he will NY's prob soon enough

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2009, 10:04:10 AM »
great post spice

The Best of 3 Worlds

teecee

« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2009, 11:28:26 AM »
First off, the MLB is by far the WACKEST league as I refuse to take seriously any league where that doesn't have a salary cap.  When that happens, I will start watching again.

Second, no one is perfect, not Lebron, Kobe, Jordan, etc.  All these dudes have their flaws, we all hold them to such a high standard (on AND off the the court) that of course they are gonna slip up again.  Up until this stage in his career, Lebron has been gracious in defeat and respectful of teammates and opponents.  I think what we saw was some serious frustration.  What else besides going for 38, 8, and 8, hitting one buzzer beating three, and in another game hitting two foul shots with no time left to tie it up, could he have done? 

Lebron DID disappoint me with the walk-off, but I am feeling his game even more than ever.  I love the Cavs team, but its obvious that if they want to be true contenders they need to make some serious upgrades........and guess who will gave MAJOR cap room after next year???   They need an athletic big who can actually defend, and a guard who can get a hand in the face of shooters, and is a REAL second option.   I'd say a Bosh would be nice, and then an athletic swing man...

Of course, none of that matters if Bron bolts....