Author Topic: Isn't it funny and ironic that in nearly every religious text...  (Read 318 times)

Sikotic™

...the holiest person of that faith is the same race/ethnicity as the authors of scripture itself?

- Jews wrote the Bible (Old Testament and the Gospels) and, lo and behold, Abraham, Isaac, King David and even Jesus himself were all Jews.

- Islam, originating in the Arab world, has Muhammad as its holiest prophet. Is he European or Chinese? No, he's an Arab.

- Buddhism, a religion originating in India, has their holiest figure Siddhartha Gautama, who goes by the rap alias of Da Buddha. His ethnicity is.....guess...................INDIAN!!!!!!! SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHOCKING!!!!!!!!!

Those are just the three main religions of the world. I could go more into detail, but you get the point. I could make this Exhibit D of why organized religion would have an extra chromosome if it were human, but I won't.

Now I am waiting for someone to come in here and defend their religion of choice and claim that their faith is right and everyone else's is wrong.....you know, basicially the same shit that has been occurring since human civilization and probably the main thing holding the human race back from achieving more.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

Re: Isn't it funny and ironic that in nearly every religious text...
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2009, 10:41:59 AM »
Youre on a real "down with religion" campaign lately lol  Lets hope youre right or your afterlife is fucked lol
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Sikotic™

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2009, 11:12:53 AM »
Youre on a real "down with religion" campaign lately lol  Lets hope youre right or your afterlife is fucked lol
LOL

Whenever I have religious discussions with OTHERS, they automatically jump the gun and start saying I'm an atheist n shit just because I don't believe in the concept of God that society shoves down our throats. I'm just honest with myself when I say I don't know what the fuck is out there and who the fuck made it possible. It's too bad everyone else needs a manipulative fairy tale just so they can cope with life.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2009, 12:55:02 PM by Sikotic »

THA SAUCE HOUSE

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2009, 11:35:58 AM »
Actually, what we see as Americans may seem like that, but religion, at least in the Jewish based religions, Jewish, Christian and Islam, is highly diverse.

The top 4 populations for Islam is actually centered on India and South East Asian. 207,000,000 people in Indonesia, 167,000,000 are in Pakistan (actually more Indian than Middle Eastern like we would like to think), 156,000,000 are actually in India and 132,000,000 are in Bangladesh. In total, 695,000,000 Muslims are in South, and South East Asia, were are 512,000,000 Muslims in the Middle East, North Africa and East Africa (I widen the area even though most of it isn't actually the Middle East)

In Catholicism, the founder was Jewish(though his made out to be European in pictures), but the majority of the people that follow Catholicism are from Latin America, as 434,000,000 of the 1billion Catholics are from Latin America and Mexico.

So due to different events in the globe (colonization, slavery) religion has spread to diversify some, but to say people follow "holy people" that look that them is wrong.

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2009, 11:52:40 AM »
Actually, what we see as Americans may seem like that, but religion, at least in the Jewish based religions, Jewish, Christian and Islam, is highly diverse.

The top 4 populations for Islam is actually centered on India and South East Asian. 207,000,000 people in Indonesia, 167,000,000 are in Pakistan (actually more Indian than Middle Eastern like we would like to think), 156,000,000 are actually in India and 132,000,000 are in Bangladesh. In total, 695,000,000 Muslims are in South, and South East Asia, were are 512,000,000 Muslims in the Middle East, North Africa and East Africa (I widen the area even though most of it isn't actually the Middle East)

In Catholicism, the founder was Jewish(though his made out to be European in pictures), but the majority of the people that follow Catholicism are from Latin America, as 434,000,000 of the 1billion Catholics are from Latin America and Mexico.

So due to different events in the globe (colonization, slavery) religion has spread to diversify some, but to say people follow "holy people" that look that them is wrong.

Its all a tool to gain control of people who can be taken control of. Fear tactics at its best. And its easier to get people to follow someone who looks like them. Wierd, but true.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2009, 11:59:55 AM »

Its all a tool to gain control of people who can be taken control of. Fear tactics at its best. And its easier to get people to follow someone who looks like them. Wierd, but true.

I agree that what were originally peaceful religions like Christianity and Islam, people have perverted to now be what people fight wars over. The self righteous nature of these religions, have allowed people to take advantage and push their agenda in the name of God. I have read the Bible, and if you just pay attention to the Gospels, the actually part were Jesus talks, you'd never have a war in the name of Christianity, but because the religion tells you, you are good all others are evil, then people have taken that and now use it to push their wars, their evil.

StreetsAllSalute

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2009, 12:03:37 PM »

Whenever I have religious discussions with me

sikotics...um welll....pyschotic!! ;D

Sikotic™

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2009, 12:54:04 PM »

I never said that. Of course, Christianity and Islam are followed by all people throughout the world. I'm talking about the origins of those religions.

Of course, symbols and figures were made to look like the people they were trying to convert such as Guadalupe did in order to make it easier for the Spanish to convert people when they started gaining control of the Americas.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2009, 12:57:29 PM by Sikotic »

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Sikotic™

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2009, 12:54:32 PM »

Whenever I have religious discussions with me

sikotics...um welll....pyschotic!! ;D

Freudian slip?  ;D

THA SAUCE HOUSE

J Bananas

« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2009, 12:57:38 PM »
I've said it before. Every god is designed by man. You wanna follow someones comic book character, your loss. That being said, holy books are great, but only if you follow them in the allegorical sense. I'd say the bible holds the same value as something like "The Secret", only people really believe in a zombie son a space being, dying for our sins.

« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2009, 01:21:37 PM »

I agree that what were originally peaceful religions like Christianity and Islam, people have perverted to now be what people fight wars over. The self righteous nature of these religions, have allowed people to take advantage and push their agenda in the name of God. I have read the Bible, and if you just pay attention to the Gospels, the actually part were Jesus talks, you'd never have a war in the name of Christianity, but because the religion tells you, you are good all others are evil, then people have taken that and now use it to push their wars, their evil.

Its very true that people are the cause of these wars (religious wars or not), and you can claim that these religions are peaceful, other then the perversion from man. But what would happen if organized religion was completely wiped away from mans history, if man was never introduced to any form of organized religion?  Its not that just a few corrupt religious people ruin a religion. Its that corrupt people exist, and organized religion is the tool that allows them to control others. 

Big B

« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2009, 02:14:30 PM »
are you implying that religion is racist?

Sikotic™

« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2009, 02:26:52 PM »
are you implying that religion is racist?
Hmm.....good question.

Not necessarily. I'd just say egotistical. This is why the Jews are the "apple of God's eye" so to speak and the reason why the Bible categorizes the entire world population as either Jew or Gentile. If placing 99% of the earth's population in one category, yet giving your own rae its own designation is not egotistical then I don't know what is lol.

THA SAUCE HOUSE