Author Topic: UK Issue.... Do You Support The Firefighters?  (Read 427 times)

Don Seer

UK Issue.... Do You Support The Firefighters?
« on: October 18, 2002, 12:23:56 PM »
I don't  :o

They're asking for too much - a 40% pay rise.

and they being impatient by not waiting 3 weeks for the outcome of this report that was commissioned because of the pressure they had put on.

If the report was unfair then they have ground to strike.

until then, fuck em.

ps

They are striking for 1st time on 29th oct.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2002, 12:28:36 PM by Overseer »

Jay ay Beee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • One of the Greatest Moments in Football History
Re:UK Issue.... Do You Support The Firefighters?
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2002, 02:46:46 PM »
They deserve 40%

But they can't have it

If the firefighters got what they asked for, teachers and doctors and nurses would strike and the economy would be destroyed.  The Government has to hold firm.  Everyone will turn against the firefighters once a house burns down and nobody comes because they're on strike.  Just like the petrol strike.  every one supported them at first but after a while when people could get no petrol they turned against them.

Joachim

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2002, 07:44:47 AM »
I support them fully, they get payed shite money for putting their lives on the line and working 12 hour shifts and unsociable hours. 40% seems alot, but taking everything into consideration, i feel they deserve it, and the moneys there, Blair himself took a 41% pay increase last year and at the moment he's doing more for the USA then us.

Don Seer

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2002, 12:24:44 PM »
Its not like they don't get paid already. They just being greedy.

They threatening to strike on Nov 5th as well.... Bonfire night!!

They're resorting to blackmail and being unreasonable.

Sol

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2002, 02:38:09 PM »
They deserve 40%

But they can't have it

If the firefighters got what they asked for, teachers and doctors and nurses would strike and the economy would be destroyed.  The Government has to hold firm.  Everyone will turn against the firefighters once a house burns down and nobody comes because they're on strike.  Just like the petrol strike.  every one supported them at first but after a while when people could get no petrol they turned against them.

word.

4 KiN L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Me Beamer...
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2002, 04:55:13 PM »
For the shit they go thru riskin their lives and all that u can't say they don't deserve it, but where is the money gonna come from? oh the governments solution, fuckin taxes! but since i don't have to pay them yet i cudn't give a fuck either way...if they strike they wud have to live wit it if any1 was to die in a fire...so i think whether they get the money or not it aint gonna make any differene cos they're still gonna have to do they're work.

Don Seer

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2002, 01:35:53 AM »
they already get paid over 22k a year for sitting around waiting for some fool to fall asleep with a ciggie in their mouth or for a kid to pretend the schools and fire... and they get to disrupt traffic

infinite59

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2002, 01:41:02 AM »
yo...... I was reading about this today..... and when I saw 40% I was like, "These dudes must be crazy"..... if it's anything like here, most of their time is spent eating donuts and hanging out, hell no I wouldn't support that kind of pay increase!!!!!!!!!

Don Seer

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2002, 01:43:04 AM »
yah right infinite.. apart from the donut thing. hehe.

they'll be having cups of tea :)

infinite59

« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2002, 01:12:10 PM »
yah right infinite.. apart from the donut thing. hehe.

they'll be having cups of tea :)

LOL