Author Topic: DJ Quik & Kurupt - Blaqout is a terrible album  (Read 2667 times)

westside159

DJ Quik & Kurupt - Blaqout is a terrible album
« on: June 10, 2009, 03:31:02 AM »
What happened to DJ Quik ? his beats suck these days . they sound too generic and plain . Kurupt keeps on repeating the same rhymes over & over and its like he dont even put any time into making dope lyrics anymore like the Dogg Food days .  Blaqout was a big dissapointment .  They fell of hard . 8) 8)

Smoke

Re: DJ Quik & Kurupt - Blaqout is a terrible album
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2009, 04:29:16 AM »
no sense if this post comes from an Eith groupie

Trojan God

• 'G'
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2009, 07:27:31 AM »
What happened to DJ Quik ? his beats suck these days . they sound too generic and plain . Kurupt keeps on repeating the same rhymes over & over and its like he dont even put any time into making dope lyrics anymore like the Dogg Food days .  Blaqout was a big dissapointment .  They fell of hard . 8) 8)

I'll admit the production on some of the tracks were questionable, but lyrics were decent enuff.. I dont think they will ever be able to reach Dogg Food or Safe + Sound status anymore though.. Snoop will never be on Doggystyles level just like Daz will never reach Chronic level rhyming anymore... Its not that times changed, its that they arent focusing anymore and they think that the fans dont notice the drop off in lyrics

Twisted Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SCISSOR-HANDS NIGGA, SLICIN' LIKE BLANCA!!!
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2009, 07:57:08 AM »

I just finaly had time to Bang the full album last night and BLAQKOUT is FIRE! 

:yikes: :firedevil: :yikes:  :firedevil: :yikes: :firedevil: :yikes: :firedevil: :yikes: :firedevil:  :yikes: :firedevil: :yikes:  :firedevil: :yikes: :firedevil: :yikes: :firedevil: :yikes: :firedevil:

For more DOPE Kurupt shit, Peep these from Bacon N Eggs EP

Something Like This      Kurupt SOLO Produced by Niggaracci

http://www.zshare.net/audio/61173452611793de/

COMFORTABLE      Kurupt SOLO Produced by Niggaracci

http://www.zshare.net/audio/611734734f46e05a/

Shit Fuccin BANGS in the ride 8)

« Last Edit: June 10, 2009, 08:48:42 AM by Twisted Smoke »

Don't Waste Time Hating on Kurupt just because he gets the Appreciation that you think YOUR favorite artist deserves. You should try being more Positive about Life and Post about things that YOU LIKE instead of Whining Like a BITCH. Convert All That Hate into Positive Energy to Promote YOUR # 1 Artist. MUTHAFUCCA!

Paul

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2009, 08:00:34 AM »

Was there a need in making another thread on this, or were you just looking for attention, your one of the most pathetic posters on here and i havent got a clue why the admins havent banned you because you bring nothing to this forum
funkyfreshintheflesh

Digital Pimpin'

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2009, 08:03:30 AM »

Was there a need in making another thread on this, or were you just looking for attention, your one of the most pathetic posters on here and i havent got a clue why the admins havent banned you because you bring nothing to this forum

Aww come on, there's no harm in carrying on a beef that Eiht and Quik buried over 10 years ago ;D

Paul

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2009, 08:06:52 AM »

Aww come on, there's no harm in carrying on a beef that Eiht and Quik buried over 10 years ago ;D

haha
funkyfreshintheflesh

NewYork Pope

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2009, 08:54:11 AM »
Honestly, I agree with the OG poster. I love Quik, still in my top 3 producers but the CD sucks as a whole. There nice tracks on there. I repsect what he did going out the box in arrangements and doing weird stuff but it all sucks. I think Fixxers album was better that this. Sorry, not hate. Quik is my dude and Kurupt was my top 3 lyricist also, in the death row days. album just sucks
« Last Edit: June 10, 2009, 10:41:17 AM by PresidentUP »

G.F.G. Records

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • http://www.youtube.com/BiggRayWest
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2009, 09:26:33 AM »
Thatz Deep... Thiss Shyt Was Off Tha Chain To Me... 8)

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2009, 09:37:22 AM »
It's Q&K grown up.
prob not for kids looking for the 90's.
(Been there done that)

For us older peep's, We already lived that.
Can't hate on Q & Kurupt for growing up!

Dope album
« Last Edit: June 10, 2009, 11:55:48 AM by Hatesrats™ »

SAINTX111

• 'G'
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2009, 10:40:36 AM »
Overall, VERY DISAPPOINTING. "The Appeal" "Cream" & "BlaQKout" stood out but not enough to save this album from going down as DJ Quik's WORST attempt. Unacceptable work from such a talented artist in my opinion. Production quality was compromised and lyrics suffer immensely. How this album ever reached mass production to a CD I will never know. I love DJ Quik but he really let me down. I was counting the days to pick up this album and it SO was NOT worth the wait. Hopefully he can pick up the pieces with an exceptional solo LP or a major reunion album with Suga Free. Where's Rob Bacon???

EFFeX

« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2009, 10:47:28 AM »
That's just your opinion. It's MY opinion that this is a solid album and certainly not terrible by any means. I thought there were a couple of fillers, which are not excusable on such a short album though. The quality tracks are insane though and I'm definitely happy that this project happened.

Þŕiņçë

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Cold Hearted Son Of A Bitch
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2009, 11:03:11 AM »
Music fans are so dumb sometimes. Do you really think an artist can reach their prime and stay in it for the rest of their life? Your saying hes using the same rhymes then go on to say why cant he write it like the dog food days..Maybe you are just one of those unintelligent people who are stuck in the past...like JOB...you guys should hang out.

MarshColin

« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2009, 11:06:07 AM »
Overall, VERY DISAPPOINTING. "The Appeal" "Cream" & "BlaQKout" stood out but not enough to save this album from going down as DJ Quik's WORST attempt. Unacceptable work from such a talented artist in my opinion. Production quality was compromised and lyrics suffer immensely. How this album ever reached mass production to a CD I will never know. I love DJ Quik but he really let me down. I was counting the days to pick up this album and it SO was NOT worth the wait. Hopefully he can pick up the pieces with an exceptional solo LP or a major reunion album with Suga Free. Where's Rob Bacon???

Suga Free being on there wouldn't have done shit for the album. DJ Quik is not made by Suga Free. Whereas on the other hand, Suga Free is pretty much nobody without Quik. That's not to say I don't like Suga Free, but c'mon man, Quik has done plenty of stuff without Suga Free.

And I agree 100% with Effex. There are some fillers, but overall the dope tracks are off the fucking chain. You can't tell me that the first 3 tracks aren't that classic, dope DJ Quik we love. Throw Hey Playa and Fuck Ya'll in the mix and that's already half the album of pure fire.

Dopeisjay

« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2009, 11:08:23 AM »
Why is there a must you hate on them so much lol, the beef between Quik & eiht has been over years ago, and you still hold a mad grudge against Q, i dunno G,  but continue to hate, we need people like u, hater's make this world interesting, lol, oh and Hey be happy Quik gave Eiht a shout out on the album.. lol.