Author Topic: Am I Alone On This One?  (Read 624 times)

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Am I Alone On This One?
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2009, 08:35:14 PM »
yeah it does some like some 2faced shit that hes pullin how can he diss "autotune" when his "homies" are doin it or his "lil brother"?
hes not dissin them but he is?
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2009, 08:40:33 PM »
That DOA is garbage other than a decent beat  but even the beat i wasnt really that into, in a second i can think of better autotune tracks, Nipsey & Game - They Roll.

not a big Jay fan? :P

not really, i do like some stuff by him.  But like Dnice said, that song is a marketing ploy and thats the part that annoys me so much about jay, just like how he fed off of a movies hype to sell records the last time. He just comes off as such a gimmick to me. Tell me that a song called Death of Autotune doesnt sound like it should be on a mixtape.

Yep. Jay had autotune early in the production of the album when it was "hot". Since then Kanye came out with a whole album of it that even for his standards the album flopped. So what better way to come back then "kill" what everyone is growing sick of? Create some contro and a buzz and even set Kanye up to create a follow up that shits on his last album.

OchoCinco

« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2009, 09:04:08 PM »
That DOA is garbage other than a decent beat  but even the beat i wasnt really that into, in a second i can think of better autotune tracks, Nipsey & Game - They Roll.

not really, i do like some stuff by him.  But like Dnice said, that song is a marketing ploy and thats the part that annoys me so much about jay, just like how he fed off of a movies hype to sell records the last time. He just comes off as such a gimmick to me. Tell me that a song called Death of Autotune doesnt sound like it should be on a mixtape.

Yep. Jay had autotune early in the production of the album when it was "hot". Since then Kanye came out with a whole album of it that even for his standards the album flopped. So what better way to come back then "kill" what everyone is growing sick of? Create some contro and a buzz and even set Kanye up to create a follow up that shits on his last album.

Ye i cant stand that, so u know everything he says to diss auto-tune is not really what he thinks, just what he thinks the people want to hear. Fake motherfucker.

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2009, 09:08:30 PM »

Ye i cant stand that, so u know everything he says to diss auto-tune is not really what he thinks, just what he thinks the people want to hear. Fake motherfucker.

LOL yeah basically. Jay Z has always latched on to what was hot at the present time. Blueprint 2 he came with the Bonnie & Clyde joint sampling 2pac, which people at first were like woah wtf. The comeback album (Kingdom Come), etc, etc. Marketing ploys, blatant but somehow effective for Jay.

OchoCinco

« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2009, 09:51:43 PM »

LOL yeah basically. Jay Z has always latched on to what was hot at the present time. Blueprint 2 he came with the Bonnie & Clyde joint sampling 2pac, which people at first were like woah wtf. The comeback album (Kingdom Come), etc, etc. Marketing ploys, blatant but somehow effective for Jay.

Ye, too me he has always been one of those artists that one person says is a top 10 mc then everyone just agrees since hes been around so long. I think people tend to attribute his success in business and within the music industry along with his music career to think he is such a hip hop legend. Over-hyped in my eyes, but mayb im just crazy, who knows..

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2009, 04:45:41 AM »
Why all the hate for Jay ? I never understood that. And yes, he's contradicting himself and might be using this as a gimmick but tell me which rapper hasn't done that yet ? Lots of double standards on this forum.

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2009, 07:11:30 AM »
Why all the hate for Jay ? I never understood that. And yes, he's contradicting himself and might be using this as a gimmick but tell me which rapper hasn't done that yet ? Lots of double standards on this forum.

No hate here for Jay, I dig his music. Own all of his albums. Just referenced his marketing moves.

Blasphemy

« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2009, 07:24:51 AM »
As much as I get tired of the whole autotune thing, I gotta say I would rather listen to a T-Pain autotune club banger, than Jay Z's new "Death of Autotune" track. I just can't get in to it at all.

T-Pain Club Song > "Death of Autotune"

Am I alone?

I'd rather hear the DOCs raspy fucking vocals then AutoTune. Now that doesn't mean I hate every song that has it, but damn Actually get off the fucking crutch.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2009, 10:36:50 AM »

well the song might not make the album, it's just a street single.

his official shit is coming out in July with Drake. 8)

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2009, 12:44:40 PM »
One of my problems with autotunes is that the people using it can't sing to begin with. When Kanye uses it you can hear his voice cracking. And Weezy's voice is just terrible to begin with.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2009, 01:22:55 PM »
As much as I get tired of the whole autotune thing, I gotta say I would rather listen to a T-Pain autotune club banger, than Jay Z's new "Death of Autotune" track. I just can't get in to it at all.

Am I alone?

I'd rather hear the DOCs raspy fucking vocals then AutoTune. Now that doesn't mean I hate every song that has it, but damn Actually get off the fucking crutch.

DOC's voice is actually cool  8)

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2009, 08:48:42 PM »
im nowhere near a jay-z fan but id take a borin jay-z song over any tpain song ever
and i.....well i dont hate jay-z muzik but i rarely listen to him
the d.o.a. is different, and i think its dope for jay-z's artform

Am I alone?
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2009, 09:20:27 PM »
Luna really summed it up the best.

when your in the whip or at a club & an autotune song comes on, it's cool; esspecially T-Pain, you can't hate on him doin' his thing.

but you can't sit there and support every mainstream artist doin' it just because it'll sell.

plus those songs aren't even all that good.

on a hook it's good (Game's - My Life), but most autotune songs from artists other than T-Pain just blow to begin with lol.

Chad Vader

« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2009, 07:13:47 AM »
Why all the hate for Jay?
I never understood that

understood what? that cats don't like his music or his persona?

I find his voice mad annoying,just my opinion.  ;)
But he ain't on my radar,so can't say I spend much time hating on him.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: December 20, 2009, 07:37:44 AM »
yeah overall hes jus nuthin special as a rapper and borin most of the time

Why all the hate for Jay?
I never understood that

understood what? that cats don't like his music or his persona?

I find his voice mad annoying,just my opinion.  ;)
But he ain't on my radar,so can't say I spend much time hating on him.

Cube