Author Topic: BREAKING NEWS: Manchester United accept £80m Ronaldo bid  (Read 1723 times)

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Id rather be rich n unhappy than poor n miserable
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Manchester United accept £80m Ronaldo bid
« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2009, 01:19:22 AM »
80M euros for how long? one year or what?

80M pounds (british currency) ... about 94M Euros... 131M US-$

it's not for him, his agent (his dad) will get about 10-12% of that though. the rest is for the team that owns him. that's how it's done in soccer, you don't have a salary cap, even trades or anything like that. you can do whatever the fuck you want if your team has money and prestige and warm weather. lol

ronaldo is negotiating his terms right now... I predict something like 80M Euros for 6 years (taxes already paid)

god damn!!!  131M u.s.  just to get him?  fucking aye.

80M euros...tax free?  FUCKING AYE!!!!

soccer players got that shit pimped out!!!

'Oh I can't see him, I can't see God', YA'LL CAN'T SEE FUCKIN' AIR NEITHER!
Quote from: QuietTruth
Prove to me the wind. Show me the wind man. I want proof of that shit. Cuz I don't see it.

Elano

« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2009, 01:24:51 AM »
Lets not forget during Perez' first era, his back 5 was Casillas, Salgado, Hierro, Helguera and Carlos. With Makelele infront of them. Unless Madrid sign at least 2 top defenders (In the mould of Vidic, Carragher, Puyol, Barzagli) then i would put money on it that madrid will win fuck all.
barzagli is not a top defender,there are thousand of players like him in the world.
they don't have makelele right now but Diarra (the ex lyon) and they will buy another BIG midfielder....

You think the guys that these signings will replace will be happy to benchwarm? What will happen to Robben, Sneijder, Van Der Vaart? Or the person who C.Ronaldo will replace as highest earner, will he be happy?
Most of the dutch players (if not all) will be sold

Great players dont make a great team as anyone who knows anything about football will tell you...
:camp:

From what i've seen of Barzagli he is class, but ok lets replace him with Mexes or Chivu. And yeah, selling 5 or 6 players is a great way to forge team spirit and build a better team. Diarra is decent at best, hence the reason he couldnt get a game for Arsenal or Chelsea, he will NEVER be a Makelele or a Mascherano.

And how does what i say = camp? As rafa would say "FACT".....

oH and why do you have such a hard on for Real Madrid? I thought you were an Inter supporter?....

I don't have an HARD for real,don't worry. But perez is buildinga stellar team and as a football lover i'm "happy".
I know barzagli,believe me he's not a class player,is pretty mediocre.
I was talkin about the diarra from LYON not the one from chelsea and arsenal  ::)

p.s. the dutch players will be sold because perez wants more spanish players (in fact he will buy Villa and probably even Xabi Alonso and Albiol...)

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2009, 03:31:11 AM »
has anyone talked to a Manchester United fan about this? all i'm hearing is good riddance, we woulda won the title without him, think who we can buy with £80 million. however, if you even suggested a move away from United a couple of months ago these same people would jump down your throat... hmmmm.

Real Madrid will more than likely fail next season. They need to work the summer hard creating a strong team. it's been said many times above but, big names don't win shit.

I was talkin about the diarra from LYON not the one from chelsea and arsenal  ::)

Mahamadou Diarra won't be playing for a while. he was de-registered by Madrid last season. Lassana took his number, and has been playing in his position.

Elano

« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2009, 03:43:11 AM »
has anyone talked to a Manchester United fan about this? all i'm hearing is good riddance, we woulda won the title without him, think who we can buy with £80 million. however, if you even suggested a move away from United a couple of months ago these same people would jump down your throat... hmmmm.

Real Madrid will more than likely fail next season. They need to work the summer hard creating a strong team. it's been said many times above but, big names don't win shit.

Mahamadou Diarra won't be playing for a while. he was de-registered by Madrid last season. Lassana took his number, and has been playing in his position.

i've heard that m.diarra is about to comeback,i don't know....

anyway,you are too sure that madrid will fail next season,perez is not an idiot like calderon (take a look @ what real won with perez as a president).
like i've said before,the campaing is not over yet.....

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: June 12, 2009, 04:01:54 AM »

anyway,you are too sure that madrid will fail next season,perez is not an idiot like calderon (take a look @ what real won with perez as a president).

i wait for him to prove me wrong.

in his first outing as Real president, he had a great manager in charge who moulded the stars into a team. how did his first era end? he fired the manager del Bosque, sold Makelele (over wages) and failed to win a trophy.

we've all been saying he needs to buy a defensive player, or even several. if you know anything about Florentino Pérez you will know that unless his attitude has changed, he won't.

Elano

« Reply #35 on: June 12, 2009, 04:30:54 AM »

i wait for him to prove me wrong.

in his first outing as Real president, he had a great manager in charge who moulded the stars into a team. how did his first era end? he fired the manager del Bosque, sold Makelele (over wages) and failed to win a trophy.

we've all been saying he needs to buy a defensive player, or even several. if you know anything about Florentino Pérez you will know that unless his attitude has changed, he won't.

you know....there's always a reason when something ends.
you should ask to real supporters if they are happy now with florentino back as a president,i think that we can't criticize too much his first "era"...he will not be remembered as a loser.
we are in june now,for the end of the summer the new real will have a fantastic team,believe me (perez knows that barcelona is the best team in the world now,and he can't compete with kaka and ronaldo)

Lunatic

« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2009, 04:50:41 AM »
Lol at Man Utd fans saying good riddance...he is easily your best player ::)

this is a major, major blow
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Elano

« Reply #37 on: June 12, 2009, 05:03:19 AM »
Sir Alex Ferguson has put together a list of potential summer transfer targets as he tries to fill the enormous void created by the imminent £80m transfer of Cristiano Ronaldo to Real Madrid and the ­prospect of Carlos Tevez following the world ­footballer of the year out of Old Trafford.

Manchester United's first response to sanctioning Ronaldo's departure will be to follow up their interest in Luis Antonio Valencia and offer around £17m to Wigan Athletic. Ferguson is also an admirer of Karim Benzema and will investigate the cost of signing the France striker from Lyon, particularly if Tevez goes through with his threat to leave. Jean Michel Aulas, the Lyon president, has stated that Benzema will not leave for less than €80m (£68m), but it is thought the French club would actually sell for half that amount.

United are also monitoring Franck Ribéry's availability, although the Bayern Munich player would prefer to move to Spain and, with the Valencia striker David Villa, is another target for Madrid in what is shaping up to be the most remarkable period of transfer spending in history.

Having already signed Kaka from Milan for £59m, the capture of Ronaldo will be the culmination of 18 months of strategic planning on the part of Madrid and the player. The club expect Ronaldo to arrive in Spain "in the next few days" and the deal will be concluded as soon as he has passed his medical examination. His ­salary was agreed almost a year ago, when Madrid put the deal in place. Ronaldo will earn a flat wage of £6.8m a year plus substantial add-ons and image-rights payments.

"This is very flattering for me," Ronaldo said last night. "The fact that two of the world's greatest teams want to trade me is not something that happens every day."

Ronaldo, currently on holiday in Los Angeles, also confirmed that a doctor from Madrid had examined the groin injury that has been troubling him. "Every­one wants to see and test your product or future product," he explained. "It does not require an operation."

The announcement from Old Trafford yesterday represents a devastating blow for the Premier League champions and is the news their supporters have been dreading ever since Ronaldo began ­talking openly of his "dream" to join Madrid. He tried to force through a transfer this time last year. Ferguson persuaded him to stay at Old Trafford for another year but ­Ronaldo made it clear that it would be his final season with the club.

His agent, Jorge Mendes, worked out a deal with all the relevant people as long ago as last September, writing in various pledges and confidentiality clauses.

"Let's just say that everyone involved in the operation agreed to do it this season," Ramón Calderón, Madrid's president at that time, said last night. "That is what I can say. Last season United decided not to do it because they thought it was too early and instead everyone agreed to do it this season. He [Ronaldo] wanted to come, he said that many times. It's OK for Real Madrid and also for Manchester United, who will get a lot of money."

United's official stance was that Ronaldo would not be allowed to leave, something the club's chief executive, David Gill, repeated as recently as two weeks ago. Ferguson went even further in his own denials, declaring last December that he would not sell "that mob a virus".

Instead, the deal was tied up in a 15-minute telephone call on Wednesday, when Madrid's new president, Florentino Pérez, contacted Gill to tell him the money was in place. Mendes had already let United know his client still wanted to leave and Gill interrupted Ferguson's holiday in France to inform him. The club released the news in a statement: "Manchester United have received a world-record, unconditional offer of £80m for Cristiano Ronaldo from Real Madrid. At the request of Cristiano – who has again expressed his desire to leave – and after discussion with the player's representatives, United have agreed to give Real Madrid permission to talk to the player. Matters are expected to be concluded by 30 June."

That leaves Ferguson with the task of replacing the potentially irreplaceable but his priority will be to persuade Tevez, a free agent from 30 June, to resist ­Manchester City's offer of a huge pay rise and a regular first-team place. Tevez has become disillusioned about the way he perceives he has been treated at Old ­Trafford, but Ferguson has broken off from his holiday on several occasions over the last week to contact the Argentina striker. Nonetheless, Tevez is aware that United are trying to sign Valencia and has not received any assurances about playing more regularly if he were to stay.

Uefa's president, Michel Platini, last night described the bid for Ronaldo as "excessive", adding: "It is very puzzling at a time when football faces some of its worst ever financial challenges. These transfers are a serious challenge to the idea of fair play."

Makaveli's Food & Liquor

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: June 12, 2009, 06:57:47 AM »
This was expected tbh EVERYONES been going on about this whole pre-agreement (which i dont understand how its at all legal) the only thing which surprises me about this whole situation is how dumb united have been, every club now knows they've got 80 mill to splash so anyone who they try to buy is just gonna bump up the price, i woulda thought they would have signed (made a agreement at least) a replacement then of let this deal go through, for madrid this is a MASSIVE signing but they are still gonna be shit. when will they understand that a good football team is consistent from defense to attack, bar casillas (whos the best GK in the world) their defense fucking sucks, i cant wait for next season though, CR/Kaka/ maybe Villa? gonna be great to watch

Elano

« Reply #39 on: June 13, 2009, 01:42:56 AM »
80M euros for how long? one year or what?

he will sign a 5 years contract

Elano

« Reply #40 on: June 13, 2009, 01:44:48 AM »
This was expected tbh EVERYONES been going on about this whole pre-agreement (which i dont understand how its at all legal) the only thing which surprises me about this whole situation is how dumb united have been, every club now knows they've got 80 mill to splash so anyone who they try to buy is just gonna bump up the price, i woulda thought they would have signed (made a agreement at least) a replacement then of let this deal go through, for madrid this is a MASSIVE signing but they are still gonna be shit. when will they understand that a good football team is consistent from defense to attack, bar casillas (whos the best GK in the world) their defense fucking sucks, i cant wait for next season though, CR/Kaka/ maybe Villa? gonna be great to watch
they'll buy a great player for the defense too....

Elano

« Reply #41 on: June 14, 2009, 04:00:24 AM »
i'm worried.....where's kuruption81 ?  ;D

Elano

« Reply #42 on: June 14, 2009, 06:52:42 AM »
Endorsements block a 'major factor' in Ronaldo's move to Real Madrid

• Ronaldo could earn 'at least £85m' in commercial deals
• Sir Alex Ferguson admits winger wanted to leave United

Cristiano Ronaldo's frustration with Sir Alex Ferguson's reluctance to encourage Manchester United players to exploit their commercial potential was a major factor in the 24-year-old's desire to leave Old Trafford, industry sources say.

It is a scenario that echoes the experience of David Beckham, whose departure to Real Madrid in 2003 was influenced by Ferguson's view that his off-field profile was distracting focus from the team.

Ferguson last night admitted he had been fighting a losing battle to keep Ronaldo from Real's clutches, saying: "He wanted to leave, it's as simple as that. He was going to go some time. We've done well to keep him for so long."

Mary-Ellen Field, a leading expert in commercial and licensing rights, told Observer Sport that Ronaldo's £80m move will open up a huge range of previously restricted commercial options and will allow him to earn "at least £85m" from endorsements over the next decade.

"Ferguson's view that [commercial exploitation] takes a player's mind off the game is valid," Field said. "However, the contract between the player and licensee means they usually have to work 20 days a year at most.

"With any brand building, whether it's a person or product, the more positive exposure you get, the more valuable your brand becomes. It would have been beneficial for the club and player to get as much exposure as possible."

In 2002, United signed a 13-year £300m contract with Nike that allows the company to control the club's ­global licensing and retail operations. believes that if Ronaldo had been able to develop, for example, his own perfume brand, like Beckham's lucrative Pure Instinct, it would have been mutually favourable. Despite being the world and European player of the year, Ronaldo's only major deal is a recent agreement with Castrol, in contrast to Beckham's blue-chip partnerships with Armani and Adidas. "There is no downside. The player is happy with his endorsements, and the club can sell the product and get the mark-up – website sales are huge," Field said.

Once Ronaldo's current commercial worth of £18m is added to his basic salary at Madrid – a five-year contract should earn him at least £45m – with the correct off-field management the player could accumulate more than £175m by the time he is Beckham's age, 34. Beckham is ­currently worth around £125m.

Simon Chadwick, professor of sport business strategy and marketing at ­Coventry University, said: "United have a greater desire for on-field performance, driven by Ferguson. From the people I speak to at Real regularly, there is a much greater sense that Madrid is an entertainment brand rather than a football club."

Florentino Pérez, Madrid's president, has said that the deal for Ronaldo will be paid for through improving "our accounts by increasing the club's ­economic value". This will be achieved by Ronaldo and the Spanish club's other new acquisition, Kaká, being aggressively marketed in developing markets, including Asia, as Beckham was when he signed for Real. Madrid estimate that his four years at the Bernabeu boosted shirt sales by 137%.

And in contrast to United, Ronaldo and Kaká will be encouraged to develop their individual commercial activities beyond Madrid's own in-house deals, to expand their profiles globally.

Surprisingly, Ronaldo has not ­registered his name as a trademark, which Beckham, as most high-profile sports stars do, did early in his career. It is thought Ronaldo's advisers, acting on legal advice, decided this was too expensive, though it would cost him little more than two weeks' wages.Last July, Jorge Mendes, Ronaldo's agent, signed with CAA, the American agency whose clients also include Steven Spielberg, Brad Pitt and Beckham, but has yet to yield any deals. Towards the end of 2007, Ronaldo was approached by a ­consortium, via GE Finance, which was interested in developing his commercial interests. Mendes signed a letter of intent, but by last summer that had been cancelled, which left Ronaldo disappointed.

Madrid's investment ­strategy appears to be set to continue with reports last night suggesting they are close to signing Valencia's David Villa in a £34m deal. It would take the club's outlay on players this month to more than £170m.

Meanwhile Ronaldo has indicated that any negative reaction to his move will merely spur him on. "I love it when people jeer me. I love to see the hate in their eyes, to hear the insults. It doesn't bother me," he said in an interview with the French magazine So Foot which was given before his move to Madrid and will be published this month. "It's true lots of people hate me but there are even more who love me and who support me. I feel bad only when I play badly. Fortunately, that happens rarely."

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #43 on: June 16, 2009, 11:23:43 AM »
LMAO @ this (from kuruption81):

Fergie wont sell, remember what he said a few months back "wouldn't sell a virus" to "that mob."

Most of these storys are lazy journalism to sell papers or placed by madrid to disrupt the player and swing his mind. Like i have said before its not up to Ronaldo though and his wishes dont mean shit as long as he is under contract.

lol uhhhh i didnt say that  ;) Seriously though every day for three years the papers have been saying Ronaldo would be leaving, yet till now it never happened.

In all honesty i really didnt expect him to go, i thought it was more likely to be next year as he would only have two years left on his contract. I guess we wouldnt have got 80 mil though, i thought they would keep him for as long as possible. Especially from the comments Fergie/Gill had made and even Ronaldo only a few weeks ago saying he wasnt going anywhere.

I also didnt think that Real would offer anything worth accepting, im dissapointed but if we buy the right players we can strengthen the side.

i'm worried.....where's kuruption81 ?  ;D

Dont worry i havent killed myself. I was away this weekend so i couldnt get on the net as i have to go back to my parents to use it, unfortunatly i dont have broadband at home.

« Last Edit: June 16, 2009, 11:32:24 AM by KURUPTION-81 »

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson