Author Topic: Entourage season 6  (Read 1837 times)

Conan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Holler at your Uncle Snoopy..."
Re: Entourage season 6
« Reply #60 on: September 29, 2009, 08:57:11 AM »
Yeah last 2 episodes were nice, still not what it used to be. Season 6 turned it into some sort of relationship soap opera and I can't stand Turtle anymore, he's such a bitch now. But what I've heard is that the reason that this season is what it is, is because the writers changed and the whole season was done by a woman.

Yeah, if you check out the IMDB boards, you'll see a lot of people giving this writer Ally Musika a hard time. Thing is, she wrote a lot of the better stuff in Season 5. If anything, I attribute the slight, but obvious, drop in writing quality down to Rob Weiss' lack of involvement. If you go back to S1-3, he wrote some of the finest episodes. I think "The Sundance Kids" was his work. This season? Nothing. He's still attached as an Executive Producer, but that's it.

Couple that with series creator Doug Ellin writing just about every second episode - I think he's spreading himself a little thin - and those to me seem like the more likely reasons behind Season 6's change in direction.

I get them trying to show less of Vince since he ran last season and has been the focal point since the beginning. Still, I have to agree with you, Meho. If you're going to show more of Turtle and Eric, please remember to give them some funny material. I don't mind the "drama" of Entourage, but it's getting overbearing. I used to find the Sex And The City comparisons ridiculous, but now they're almost warranted.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2009, 09:01:41 AM by Conan »
"Shit ain't all peaches and cream, and I ain't Sara Lee, bitch!" - Lloyd Banks

"I'm Morpheus in this Hip-Hop Matrix, exposing fake shit." - Common

"With consecutive platinum hits, I up my status. Ain't no more Calvin Broadus!" - Snoop

"Look at all these conscious rappers - guess who influenced them?" - KRS One

eazye

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • shorty_tha_pimp a.k.a. extra.P
« Reply #61 on: September 30, 2009, 01:46:48 AM »
last two episodes were def a step up from the few previous ones.

Also, I hate swizz's it's me bitches, but with Ari stepping out of the elevator and the song playing in the background - classic!
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8</a>

Conan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #62 on: October 04, 2009, 12:52:49 PM »
Season finale tonight with Matt Damon and Lebron, and I'm not gonna be able to see it! Weak. :-\

"With consecutive platinum hits, I up my status. Ain't no more Calvin Broadus!" - Snoop

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #63 on: October 05, 2009, 05:34:35 AM »
Quality season finale. Matt Damon killed it  ;D

eazye

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • shorty_tha_pimp a.k.a. extra.P
« Reply #64 on: October 05, 2009, 11:18:01 PM »
S P O I L E R (minor)

Well, season was somewhat weak as a whole, but a gotta say, what a great fucking finale!Ari was amazing, the way he walked in the office Terminator style was just  ;D , also the convos with Lloyd and Terrance were pretty enjoyable.Great ass episode, Matt Damon DID kill it  :D

Oh and the episode ending with Jay-Z's In My Lifetime was just an amazing finish.Great great stuff!
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8</a>

Nima - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #65 on: October 08, 2009, 04:00:47 PM »
Wow some of ya'll look into this shit REALLY deep talking about which writer wrote what episode and shit. I don't even know none of that shit I just watch it and I've pretty much enjoyed every episode of entourage from Season 1 ep 1 to Season 6 finale. Then again, someone who's not that into music might think it's laughable to look into ghostwriters and producers and who mixed a song and what not lol.

Nima - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #66 on: October 08, 2009, 04:02:15 PM »
Oh and yeah, Season 6 finale was one of my fav episodes ever. Ari fuckin KILLED it.

Conan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #67 on: October 08, 2009, 04:07:30 PM »
Wow some of ya'll look into this shit REALLY deep talking about which writer wrote what episode and shit. I don't even know none of that shit I just watch it and I've pretty much enjoyed every episode of entourage from Season 1 ep 1 to Season 6 finale. Then again, someone who's not that into music might think it's laughable to look into ghostwriters and producers and who mixed a song and what not lol.

Ha... yeah, to me it's similar to credit reading. I like to know the people responsible for the stuff I enjoy. And it's pretty well established that seasons one to three of Entourage are the best, where the writing staff was different.

I've enjoyed season six overall, but it had its weak moments. Can't believe I still haven't seen the season finale!

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Id rather be rich n unhappy than poor n miserable
« Reply #68 on: October 08, 2009, 04:13:11 PM »
the season was cool, got better as it went on.

next season should be better, though.  loyd working for ari as an agent should bring in good laughs.  i wonder if theyll get aris new assistant involved in the story like they did loyd. 

'Oh I can't see him, I can't see God', YA'LL CAN'T SEE FUCKIN' AIR NEITHER!
Quote from: QuietTruth
Prove to me the wind. Show me the wind man. I want proof of that shit. Cuz I don't see it.

Davizz

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Keep It Fonky
« Reply #69 on: October 11, 2009, 11:31:04 PM »
The last episodes were great, I think this season is still better than season 4 and 5... I never liked Turtle, yeh he's a bitch now but he had to change, you can't be the white b-boy forever. Ashley sucked but Ari and Drama had their moments, Lloyd too!

Cali Climate

« Reply #70 on: October 26, 2009, 07:52:28 AM »
I'm no longer a fan. I realized this is a soap opera for guys.