Author Topic: ALONZO MOURNING belittles Phil Jackson  (Read 797 times)

Rick McCrank

Re: ALONZO MOURNING belittles Phil Jackson
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2009, 11:49:24 PM »
I love Hack Wilson... "ya ya Phil sucks... Top 5 tho, Top 5"

regardless if you like what he does, like his situational calling... these opinions mean nothing

guy is about to win his 10th NBA title, he's been to 12!  regardless of Jordan, Shaq, Kobe, that's crazy shit...

every championship team has elite players

Phil has always taken what the people say and responded "it's what you do teach in preparation for the game, our job is done when the game starts"

I kinda like that philosophy.... have you ever seen Mike Dunleavy dancing and yelling and distracting his players while they have the ball?

not only is he doing way too much, I've seen the Clippers looking at him while the opposition took note and cut for a layup without anyone noticing

let's not compare the two coaches obviously, I'm just making a comparison to styles of laid back and fuckin wired

to say he's a "joke".... what the fuck?

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2009, 01:03:57 AM »
The only joke is Alonzo tryna come up with a take on basketball...and a horrible take at that. STFU and talk about kidney disease. Phil Jackson is the best in the business. to say he sits back and does nothing is a mockery to anyone who knows basketball. he managed the personalities of the biggest egos in sports and assembled them into some of the greatest teams possible. the dude is no slouch, to say the least... he knows his basketball, he's perfected the art of adjustments, teaches his players how to master the triangle offense, etc....Alonzo is a fuckin joke for talkin down on the greatest coach of all time...:grumpy:

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2009, 08:41:23 AM »
The only joke is Alonzo tryna come up with a take on basketball...and a horrible take at that. STFU and talk about kidney disease. Phil Jackson is the best in the business. to say he sits back and does nothing is a mockery to anyone who knows basketball. he managed the personalities of the biggest egos in sports and assembled them into some of the greatest teams possible. the dude is no slouch, to say the least... he knows his basketball, he's perfected the art of adjustments, teaches his players how to master the triangle offense, etc....Alonzo is a fuckin joke for talkin down on the greatest coach of all time...:grumpy:

Alonzo is a decorated CHAMPION NBA center - he's earned his right to discuss whatever he wants basketball related

now, if it's true that Alonzo was talking down on Red Aurobach then something needs to be done here!
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2009, 08:47:07 AM »
That's messed up NIK.
I love the Lakers to bro, But dizzam! that's uncalled for.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2009, 08:51:17 AM »
That's messed up NIK.

LOL exactly - alonzo is more qualified to discuss the NBA than 99.999999999% of people on earth
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2009, 11:54:04 AM »
Fisher said during the tv interview after the game Phil is the best in the business cause he doesn't even need to say a word to him. We know his style. Phil wants the players to win. And he's got 10 rings to prove ourself his theory worked pretty well.

I wonder who Fish has to compare him to, to call him the best in the business. I mean, from ALLLLLL those top level coaches Fish has played with lol
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2009, 01:27:21 PM »
LOL@decorated NBA champion, Like he didnt ride Wade and Shaqs back to get his title...This dudes Funny Style

The Best of 3 Worlds

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2009, 01:28:46 PM »
Honestly how can Phil be knocked?  Dude has like 9 of the last 18 ships etc etc.  Of course he's had great players, but so has the other coaches that won it all.  

Like yeah, Popovich wouldn't be shit w/o Duncan, Robinson, Parker, Manu,

Rudy T wouldn't have been shit w/o Hakeem, etc.

Regardless, the proof is in the pudding and Phil's resume is unfukwitable.  

« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2009, 01:58:59 PM »
Honestly how can Phil be knocked?  Dude has like 9 of the last 18 ships etc etc.  Of course he's had great players, but so has the other coaches that won it all.  

Having all those rings IS amazing.  Where Phil gets knocked, is only in that a lot of people feel there are a lot of coaches who would have won those rings with the bulls (given the talent). All Phil had to do was NOT fuck things up. And with the three-peat Lakers, he had a ton of talent. All Phil had to do was NOT fuck things up. 
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2009, 02:17:57 PM »

Having all those rings IS amazing.  Where Phil gets knocked, is only in that a lot of people feel there are a lot of coaches who would have won those rings with the bulls (given the talent). All Phil had to do was NOT fuck things up. And with the three-peat Lakers, he had a ton of talent. All Phil had to do was NOT fuck things up. 

oh no doubt.  but understand that it does take some brains to NOT fuck up.  what it takes is knowing how to deal with these crazy ass egos that phil has dealt with - mj, shaq, kobe.  there's a fine line in conceding to the superstar and still coaching a team.  Phil is notorious for being hands off, but guess what, he knows what the fuck he's doin.  coaching isn't all x's and o's and all screaming.  it's about knowing how to get the best outta your guys and making them respect you. 

Phil is legit fuck what you heard.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2009, 02:33:57 PM »
I think this year Phil is doing some real coaching, his taking younger players and making them better. They say Kobe is the whip, but it's Jackson who's putting in work with Ariza, with Farmar, and his putting in huge work with Gasol. So his actually doing some coaching this year, and not just putting in a triangle offense and napping during the 4th quarter.

« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2009, 02:51:55 PM »

oh no doubt.  but understand that it does take some brains to NOT fuck up.  what it takes is knowing how to deal with these crazy ass egos that phil has dealt with - mj, shaq, kobe.  there's a fine line in conceding to the superstar and still coaching a team.  Phil is notorious for being hands off, but guess what, he knows what the fuck he's doin.  coaching isn't all x's and o's and all screaming.  it's about knowing how to get the best outta your guys and making them respect you. 

Phil is legit fuck what you heard.

I agree. But ask any coach whether they would like to have the challenge of dealing with the big egos of huge superstars...or creating a champion out of a team full of role players. Im sure most of them would like to deal with the big egos lol

Rick McCrank

« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2009, 04:05:45 PM »
now, if it's true that Alonzo was talking down on Red Aurobach then something needs to be done here!

I know you're an asshole for fun but something tells me you don't even know what Red looks like

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2009, 04:55:24 PM »

Alonzo is a decorated CHAMPION NBA center - he's earned his right to discuss whatever he wants basketball related

i dunno if you missed it, but he came on Jim Rome's radio show a couple months back and was asked basketball related questions...his reply was that he wasn't there to talk basketball, then he started going on about kidney disease LOLLL. ever since then, he's been mocked on that show relentlessly, and now that he came out with this horrible take, he just looks flat out retarded...he needs to stfu.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2009, 04:56:55 PM »
That's messed up NIK.

ummm...it's not messed up. he was asked basketball related questions on the jim rome show a while back and he said he only wanted to talk about kidney disease. shit was the worst rome interview of all time and is still talked about til this day. LOL.