Author Topic: ALONZO MOURNING belittles Phil Jackson  (Read 799 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: ALONZO MOURNING belittles Phil Jackson
« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2009, 04:59:00 PM »
Honestly how can Phil be knocked?  Dude has like 9 of the last 18 ships etc etc.  Of course he's had great players, but so has the other coaches that won it all. 

Like yeah, Popovich wouldn't be shit w/o Duncan, Robinson, Parker, Manu,

Rudy T wouldn't have been shit w/o Hakeem, etc.

Having all those rings IS amazing.  Where Phil gets knocked, is only in that a lot of people feel there are a lot of coaches who would have won those rings with the bulls (given the talent). All Phil had to do was NOT fuck things up. And with the three-peat Lakers, he had a ton of talent. All Phil had to do was NOT fuck things up. 

oh no doubt.  but understand that it does take some brains to NOT fuck up.  what it takes is knowing how to deal with these crazy ass egos that phil has dealt with - mj, shaq, kobe.  there's a fine line in conceding to the superstar and still coaching a team.  Phil is notorious for being hands off, but guess what, he knows what the fuck he's doin.  coaching isn't all x's and o's and all screaming.  it's about knowing how to get the best outta your guys and making them respect you. 

Phil is legit fuck what you heard.

exactly...and the thing is, it's not like Phil doesnt know his x's and o's...along with being a master in psychology, dude knows the game pretty fucking well. there's a reason he's coaching these great players to begin with.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2009, 05:00:11 PM »
now, if it's true that Alonzo was talking down on Red Aurobach then something needs to be done here!

I know you're an asshole for fun but something tells me you don't even know what Red looks like

LOL...especially since he can't even spell his name.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2009, 05:26:17 PM »
nobody says hes not legit lol  thats not in question here

but if PHIL JACKSON and JERRY SLOAN switched places in the 1990s i bet the resulst stay the same - bulls 6 jazz 0
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2009, 05:33:09 PM »

but if PHIL JACKSON and JERRY SLOAN switched places in the 1990s i bet the resulst stay the same - bulls 6 jazz 0

doubt jerry sloan has what it takes to win 10 titles...great x's an o's coach, but not nearly as great on the psychological aspect.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #34 on: June 12, 2009, 05:37:17 PM »
and to the person who says Alonzo isn't decorated - the man averaged 19 PPG and 9.6 rebounds or more the first 8 years he was in the NBA

not to mention the 3 blocks a game

he was the MAN
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #35 on: June 12, 2009, 06:53:48 PM »

i don't see it that way, the composition of the jazz would have been different. you wouldn't run the triangle with the same players on the jazz at the time, and you would run jerry sloans hard knock pick and roll with the same players on the bulls.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #36 on: June 13, 2009, 06:51:48 PM »
Honestly how can Phil be knocked?  Dude has like 9 of the last 18 ships etc etc.  Of course he's had great players, but so has the other coaches that won it all.  

Like yeah, Popovich wouldn't be shit w/o Duncan, Robinson, Parker, Manu,

Rudy T wouldn't have been shit w/o Hakeem, etc.

Having all those rings IS amazing.  Where Phil gets knocked, is only in that a lot of people feel there are a lot of coaches who would have won those rings with the bulls (given the talent). All Phil had to do was NOT fuck things up. And with the three-peat Lakers, he had a ton of talent. All Phil had to do was NOT fuck things up. 

oh no doubt.  but understand that it does take some brains to NOT fuck up.  what it takes is knowing how to deal with these crazy ass egos that phil has dealt with - mj, shaq, kobe.  there's a fine line in conceding to the superstar and still coaching a team.  Phil is notorious for being hands off, but guess what, he knows what the fuck he's doin.  coaching isn't all x's and o's and all screaming.  it's about knowing how to get the best outta your guys and making them respect you. 

Phil is legit fuck what you heard.

I agree. But ask any coach whether they would like to have the challenge of dealing with the big egos of huge superstars...or creating a champion out of a team full of role players. Im sure most of them would like to deal with the big egos lol

Yeah, but like I said, it still takes a strong person to manage egos.  To put it in perspective, check this:  Ask Andy Reid what he thinks about TO.  Hell, ask any coach what he thinks about TO.  If they don't give you the PC bullshit, they're gonna tell you that he wasn't worth it.  Ask Randy Moss' old coaches what they think about him, they'll prolly say the same.  But then hook Moss up w/ a coach that knows how to run shop, aka Belichick.  Dude had his most prolific season and the Pats were one of the greatest teams ever.

So of course, having superstar players has helped Phil, but he's still a great coach.  I mean fuck, he's about to go to toe rings, that isn't a fluke.