Author Topic: Joe Budden and Amalgam Digital to Release "The Great Escape"  (Read 224 times)

Lunatic

http://raptalk.net/website/content/view/1638/56/

Joe Budden returns with Amalgam Digital after the successful release of his sophomore album “Padded Room.” The company’s approach in combining traditional marketing efforts with an innovative new media strategy assisted in repositioning the former major label recording artist’s retail status while also expanding upon his existing fan base. The album debuted at #42 on the Billboard Top 200 Charts—a tremendous achievement for an independent release—and despite lures from other labels, Budden has decided to continue to build on his success as part of Amalgam Digital’s growing artist roster.

Following the critical and commercial acclaim of the “Padded Room,” Joe Budden is back to release “The Great Escape.” The album is a completion to the concept trilogy, which includes “Halfway House” and “Padded Room,” in which Budden finally finds salvation and freedom from a sense of confinement that had been pervading his life and career. “The Great Escape” is set to be one of the rapper’s best efforts yet, with features from several established producers and artists, marking a change from Joe Budden’s usual formula. “The Great Escape” will be released in both CD and digital form October 13th, 2009, with two additional bonus tracks available when purchased digitally on www.AmalgamDigital.com.

In addition, Amalgam Digital and Joe Budden will make waves this summer by releasing the digital-only album, “Escape Route,” as a prelude to “The Great Escape.” This digital-only prelude will give fans a taste of what to expect from Budden’s third studio effort, and it will be released July 2009 exclusively on www.AmalgamDigital.com.

Amalgam Digital launched as Hip Hop’s first genre specific digital retail store and record label. The company is rapidly gaining popularity for its unique business model and innovative new media marketing strategy. In addition to releasing the first wave of digital only Hip Hop albums, the company has delivered live webcast technology setting precedence by hosting a “Live In-Studio” Webcast. Over 80,000 viewers logged onto AmalgamDigital.com/TV to watch Joe Budden, put the finishing touches on his upcoming album “Padded Room” and perform a live Q&A via live video chat room which is now a popular trend amongst artists. AmalgamDigital.com recently launched its user generated content module creating a platform for artist to upload their content and make it immediately available for sale to fans.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

AnybodyKilla

Re: Joe Budden and Amalgam Digital to Release "The Great Escape"
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2009, 10:45:19 PM »
Dope news, cant wait. Buddens been hella busy, "Escape Route" is coming in July, he just finished his "Slaughterhouse" album thats coming in August, hes on tour for Rock The Bells this whole summer and then "The Great Escape" is out in October, prob will have at least one push back for that album though!!!

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2009, 11:13:31 PM »
I AM ESTATIC RIGHT NOW! 8)

we got a Joell album on the way, a Royce album, possibly a Crooked (if he leaks more).

then we got a Slaughterhouse album, now Joey's like street album (some say his last street album "Halfway House" was better than PR & i can see how that can debatable, it's just that good!) & his full album (even though i think that gets pushed back to early 2010).

it's going to be the greatest year in rap in quite a while.

i'ma be bumpin' new, fresh, unreal shit all summer long! 8)

Slaughterhouse = the return of rap!

hellrazor86

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • There Can Only Be One Don
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2009, 01:01:57 AM »
how much did padded room do?

Booz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ookkonää Oulusta, pelekääkkö nää polliisia?
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2009, 01:28:01 AM »
I AM ESTATIC RIGHT NOW! 8)

we got a Joell album on the way, a Royce album, possibly a Crooked (if he leaks more).

then we got a Slaughterhouse album, now Joey's like street album (some say his last street album "Halfway House" was better than PR & i can see how that can debatable, it's just that good!) & his full album (even though i think that gets pushed back to early 2010).

it's going to be the greatest year in rap in quite a while.

i'ma be bumpin' new, fresh, unreal shit all summer long! 8)

Slaughterhouse = the return of rap!
You forgetting Ortiz mixtape & those solo EP's.
Ortiz stuff is what I'm waiting for the most, Budden & Royce don't do it for me & Crooked always releases some music.

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2009, 08:05:30 AM »
I actually expect this new Budden cd to be best effort.  I think Royce is going to have a positive pull for Budden, Ortiz, and Crooked production values.
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

'EclipZe

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2009, 01:09:51 PM »
aslong as they can spell The Great Escape and Joe BuDDDen correctly, it's cool :P

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2009, 01:23:21 PM »
Oh so thats where that "Ain't Gotta Scratch" song is from! I downloaded it the other day; sounded dope as hell but i was like someone taperecorded him in the studio recording it. Can't wait for this!
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

AnybodyKilla

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2009, 08:23:40 PM »
Budden should change the name of the album though "The Great Escape" sounds like some gay kids Disney movie or something and it sounds like a name of a album Joe would make fun of LOL!!!

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2009, 08:28:06 PM »
^name of one of the best movies ever! ;) ;D

but yeah, not really feelin' "The Great Escape" title, but i know the content on the CD will be lightyears ahead of the rest of rap, so i'm good. 8)

AnybodyKilla

« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2009, 04:02:02 AM »
^name of one of the best movies ever! ;) ;D

but yeah, not really feelin' "The Great Escape" title, but i know the content on the CD will be lightyears ahead of the rest of rap, so i'm good. 8)

True that lol!!!