Author Topic: John Barry just said...  (Read 1863 times)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Re: John Barry just said...
« Reply #45 on: June 19, 2009, 01:30:56 PM »
Tim Legler has said if Jordan never took that break he would have won 8 with the Bulls.
that´s probably true and had he won 8 rings there wouldn´t have been much of an argument. but it´s hard to say who´s the best, but there´s no room for discussion when you talk about who´s had the biggest impact on every aspect of the game.... Kobe wiill NEVER have the same iconic status as Mike.

Kobe can't be that iconic status because MJ is already their; he'll always be second to MJ (except to Laker fans), until LeBron pushes Kobe back to third. ;D :P

if their was no Jordan people would praise Kobe like he is the best thing to ever step on the court, he would be the iconic NBA figure if Jordan wasn't who he was.

Kobe never had a chance to be that iconic figure...if he came into the league in '84, in Jordan's position, he woulda definitely had a chance at that same marketing & push that the NBA gave Jordan...but he didn't and it is what it is...still...public image status doesn't define skill, and when comparing players, i'd prefer to keep my focus on what they do on the court...PeACe

yeah, that's what i mean.

but if you focus on what they did on the court, MJ (at this point) is still on top of Kobe; stats & rings.

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #46 on: June 19, 2009, 01:41:22 PM »
Tim Legler has said if Jordan never took that break he would have won 8 with the Bulls.
that´s probably true and had he won 8 rings there wouldn´t have been much of an argument. but it´s hard to say who´s the best, but there´s no room for discussion when you talk about who´s had the biggest impact on every aspect of the game.... Kobe wiill NEVER have the same iconic status as Mike.

Kobe can't be that iconic status because MJ is already their; he'll always be second to MJ (except to Laker fans), until LeBron pushes Kobe back to third. ;D :P

if their was no Jordan people would praise Kobe like he is the best thing to ever step on the court, he would be the iconic NBA figure if Jordan wasn't who he was.

Honestly, Kobe will more then likely never even make it to #2.  Anything can happen I guess, but more then likely he wont even go down as the greatest Laker of all time...and maybe not even the second greatest Laker of all time with Magic and Kareem holding those two spots.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #47 on: June 19, 2009, 01:43:09 PM »

Honestly, Kobe will more then likely never even make it to #2.  Anything can happen I guess, but more then likely he wont even go down as the greatest Laker of all time...and maybe not even the second greatest Laker of all time with Magic and Kareem holding those two spots.

the guy is 30 years old and still in his prime....basically, you're an idiot. LOL

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #48 on: June 19, 2009, 02:45:25 PM »
Kobe has a long way to go before he retires. Let's continue this debate in about 7 to 8 years. 
SENIOR WRITER FOR WWW.ALLHIPHOP.COM

WWW.TWITTER.COM/TIM_SANCHEZ

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #49 on: June 19, 2009, 03:00:32 PM »
Kobe has a long way to go before he retires. Let's continue this debate in about 7 to 8 years. 

no doubt, but here's my thing...

let's say in a year or so this Laker squad breaks up & Kobe never wins another ring, but continues to put up the same stats (i mean look at the Celtics, shit happens).

so he never wins another ring, but you people will still stay debating that he is the best & shit.

so basically MJ is in a lose-lose situation for this debate, regardless of when it takes place. :P

« Reply #50 on: June 19, 2009, 03:13:21 PM »

let's say in a year or so this Laker squad breaks up & Kobe never wins another ring, but continues to put up the same stats (i mean look at the Celtics, shit happens).

so he never wins another ring, but you people will still stay debating that he is the best & shit.

so basically MJ is in a lose-lose situation for this debate, regardless of when it takes place. :P

Its simply not going to happen. In major sports in the US, there are basically 3 All time greats, where there is almost no debate about it. Jordan, Ali, and Tiger Woods. Jordan was crowned the greatest ever during his career. And at that time, there was very little debate. Shit wasnt it Magic that said "theres Michael Jordan, and then there's the rest of us"?  With Tiger, its pretty clear he will go down as the greatest golfer ever...barring some horrible accident where he can never play golf again.  Ali is difficult to guage because none of us were around at that time to truly get what the perception of him was during his career. Not to mention, there was so much political bullshit that lead to a lot of white America being very anti-Ali.  But Kobe would have to pull off something miraculous to pass Jordan as the all time great. As I said, many dont even consider him a top 10 yet, but consider Shaq and Duncan in the top 10.  So how people (Laker fans) try to push for Kobe> Jordan is fucking confusing lol. 
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #51 on: June 19, 2009, 03:52:47 PM »
^i can't really say anything about Ali, but i hear a lot of people say Joe Fraizer >>> Ali.

but i know what you mean, when you think boxing, Ali's name comes up; some with Tiger in golf & same with MJ and ball.

baseball & football really don't have a clear cut face for greatest.

i mean generally it's Babe Ruth, but it's easily debatable & football their are just so many different positions how do you determine the "best".

i hear analysts all the time saying that this (4th ring) pushes Kobe into a more exclusive list & maybe cracking the top ten; but you have to somewhat question it.

but think, doesn't it seem like you have to be a guard to be concidered the best.

Duncan won & nobody is debating he is the best, it just doesn't make sense lol.

« Reply #52 on: June 19, 2009, 04:58:38 PM »
^i can't really say anything about Ali, but i hear a lot of people say Joe Fraizer >>> Ali.

but i know what you mean, when you think boxing, Ali's name comes up; some with Tiger in golf & same with MJ and ball.

baseball & football really don't have a clear cut face for greatest.

i mean generally it's Babe Ruth, but it's easily debatable & football their are just so many different positions how do you determine the "best".

i hear analysts all the time saying that this (4th ring) pushes Kobe into a more exclusive list & maybe cracking the top ten; but you have to somewhat question it.

but think, doesn't it seem like you have to be a guard to be concidered the best.

Duncan won & nobody is debating he is the best, it just doesn't make sense lol.

I think that Jordan changed the game in such a way, that a bigman would have a difficult time being considered the greatest ever now, because you are always going to compare to Jordan.  Its not natural to compare a great Center or Power Forward now, to Jordan. Chances are you will pick a 2 guard, or maybe a small forward. But definetely a perimeter player.  Thats why, when it comes to the NBA...i almost lean more towards picking the greatest ever at their position. Im a Spurs fan, but i dont feel it makes sense to just say Duncan>Kobe. They cant really be compared.  Ive always said I felt Kobe was or will be the 2nd best 2 guard ever. Duncan is the best PF ever. Jordan is an exception to the rule, and if you took him out of the equation Kobe and Duncan would both be on the all time starting 5 by the time theyre done.

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #53 on: June 19, 2009, 06:38:01 PM »

not really...because regardless of what me, you, or anybody says - these things will always be debated and nobody will really be right. Even those that back Jordan, thats just their opinion. There is no official crowning of anybody - just a collective group of people that get argued as being the best.

Every icon has a case for and against.... Joe Louis and Marciano fans will argue against Ali. Jack fans will argue against Tiger (as Tiger hasn't even broken his record yet) and Jordan will always have someone to argue against him as well.

Fuck it..we all like who we like.   
SENIOR WRITER FOR WWW.ALLHIPHOP.COM

WWW.TWITTER.COM/TIM_SANCHEZ

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #54 on: June 19, 2009, 09:42:42 PM »

not really...because regardless of what me, you, or anybody says - these things will always be debated and nobody will really be right. Even those that back Jordan, thats just their opinion. There is no official crowning of anybody - just a collective group of people that get argued as being the best.

Every icon has a case for and against.... Joe Louis and Marciano fans will argue against Ali. Jack fans will argue against Tiger (as Tiger hasn't even broken his record yet) and Jordan will always have someone to argue against him as well.

Fuck it..we all like who we like.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #55 on: June 19, 2009, 10:28:17 PM »

Its simply not going to happen. In major sports in the US, there are basically 3 All time greats, where there is almost no debate about it. Jordan, Ali, and Tiger Woods. Jordan was crowned the greatest ever during his career. And at that time, there was very little debate. Shit wasnt it Magic that said "theres Michael Jordan, and then there's the rest of us"?  With Tiger, its pretty clear he will go down as the greatest golfer ever...barring some horrible accident where he can never play golf again.  Ali is difficult to guage because none of us were around at that time to truly get what the perception of him was during his career. Not to mention, there was so much political bullshit that lead to a lot of white America being very anti-Ali.  But Kobe would have to pull off something miraculous to pass Jordan as the all time great. As I said, many dont even consider him a top 10 yet, but consider Shaq and Duncan in the top 10.  So how people (Laker fans) try to push for Kobe> Jordan is fucking confusing lol. 

I'd say the only two where most consider a single player as the best ever with out any real debate is Jordan and Ruth. Tiger hasn't passed Nicklaus yet and even if he does there'd still be a debate unless he slaughters the record. Tennis is pretty open Football doesn't really have . Boxing will get as money Louis or Marciano votes as it would Ali votes. Football's got no one because each position is so very different. Soccer has Pele or Maradonna.

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #56 on: June 19, 2009, 10:31:58 PM »
wait shallow do you think tiger is the best athlete? (jus wonderin)
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

« Reply #57 on: June 19, 2009, 10:51:51 PM »

I'd say the only two where most consider a single player as the best ever with out any real debate is Jordan and Ruth. Tiger hasn't passed Nicklaus yet and even if he does there'd still be a debate unless he slaughters the record. Tennis is pretty open Football doesn't really have . Boxing will get as money Louis or Marciano votes as it would Ali votes. Football's got no one because each position is so very different. Soccer has Pele or Maradonna.

You could be right about Ali, but I would bet at least 80% of polls would show people picking Ali as the greatest. Ruth has been up for debate for a long time lol.  There is DEFINETELY no clearcut greatest in baseball, or football. Jordan is the clearcut greatest in Basketball obviously. The reason I say Tiger, is because he is in the same boat Jordan was in the middle of his career. He didnt have all the records or even all 6 championships, but everyone already knew he was going to go down as the all time great. Tiger hasnt past Nicklaus yet, but like i said...barring some unforeseen injury that ends his career, he will easily pass Nicklaus.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #58 on: June 20, 2009, 09:30:31 AM »

You could be right about Ali, but I would bet at least 80% of polls would show people picking Ali as the greatest. Ruth has been up for debate for a long time lol.  There is DEFINETELY no clearcut greatest in baseball, or football. Jordan is the clearcut greatest in Basketball obviously. The reason I say Tiger, is because he is in the same boat Jordan was in the middle of his career. He didnt have all the records or even all 6 championships, but everyone already knew he was going to go down as the all time great. Tiger hasn't past Nicklaus yet, but like i said...barring some unforeseen injury that ends his career, he will easily pass Nicklaus.

Debated with who? Ruth is still all these years later the clear cut greatest Baseball has ever seen. 342 BA, a fucking 690 slugging, 714 HRs with only 8400 ABs (that's 3000 less at bats than Aaron), and he was a winning World Series pitcher who at a high recorded 24 wins with 2 era and 35 complete games. Who the fuck even comes close to that in the MLB? Ruth is more clear cut than Jordan will ever be because we're still talking about him almost 100 year after he joined the majors. I'd like to see where Bonds stacks up in 60 years, or Aaron in the next 50. Ruth is the King of Baseball unless some guy comes along and wins 30 games as a pitcher with a perect game to boot and then hits 80 HRs.

"80% of polls would show people picking Ali" from with in boxing? No way. Joe Louis may even beat him out. From the mainstream fan Mike Tyson may get just as many votes in polls were done today.

wait shallow do you think tiger is the best athlete? (jus wonderin)

I refuse to call anyone the best athlete when their sport requires very little athleticism. He's definitely the best Golfer in his era and it's not even close but best athlete? No chance in hell. Give Pete Sampras or Steve Yzerman two years of training in Golf and I bet they can learn how to save for par against Tiger. Give Tiger Woods 5 years of training and let him go one on one with Sampras or last on the ice with Stevie Y. It'd be a complete joke.

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #59 on: June 20, 2009, 09:38:28 AM »
nah the reason im askin is cuz some (espn heads and others) think or like to say that hes the best athlete
YEAH MANY HAVE SAID HES THE BEST ATHLETE, but i agree wit what you said, golf doesnt involve much work
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.