Author Topic: THIS or THAT: what's the TRUE VERSION of 2PAC's song "Don't Sleep"?????????????  (Read 417 times)

OG Hack Wilson

http://limelinx.com/files/b97d242a91ca4a929b3d8db846c11a34    2pac ft Nuttso, Kadafi, Napoleon, Kastro and Lil Big

or

http://limelinx.com/files/198a1db055205d4cb4ec4e29a2b0f1a0   2pac ft Nuttso, Kadafi, Napoleon, Kastro and E.D.I.

which one is the OG?   the first one has a 1996 type beat for sure but no Edi vocals. 
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Ridah662

• Muthafuckin' Don!
http://limelinx.com/files/b97d242a91ca4a929b3d8db846c11a34    2pac ft Nuttso, Kadafi, Napoleon, Kastro and Lil Big

or

http://limelinx.com/files/198a1db055205d4cb4ec4e29a2b0f1a0   2pac ft Nuttso, Kadafi, Napoleon, Kastro and E.D.I.

which one is the OG?   the first one has a 1996 type beat for sure but no Edi vocals. 

the first one with lil big.....

OG Hack Wilson

so where do EDI's vocals come from?  they clearly were made in the 1996 era
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
First off bro...THX on the E.D.I. version, didn't have that one.
Good looking out!

Good question.
But I'm defo leaning towards the Lil' BIG version.
Then I wonder if maybe he was added on an OG w/ EDI replaced by him?

Who gots any 411 on him?
In '96 not just anyone could get on a track w/Pac.

OG Hack Wilson

the lil big version is better to me

took me 2 listens to like it better lol

Mob Figgaz

• 'G'
the leaked version of dont sleep is degraded of course, but its the true og.
Wideasleep will fail

OG Hack Wilson

the leaked version of dont sleep is degraded of course, but its the true og.

theres 2 of em

outlaw_uk

• 'G'
ok this is confusing .. i have an og of 'dont go to sleep'? but its got fatal on no napolean or kadafi.

is this the same song?

cheali

• Lil Geezy
the first one is the real og..
the second version with edi's verse was made 96 too, but was another take of the same session.

scarface2oh4

• Muthafuckin' Don!
im feelin the 2nd one more

Blasphemy

Its entirely possible that multiple OGs exist of the same song (some extended mixes, alternate beats). D; lol guess we have to start digging deep  8) 8) 8)

Tank2000

ok this is confusing .. i have an og of 'dont go to sleep'? but its got fatal on no napolean or kadafi.

is this the same song?

"Don't Go To Sleep" and "Don't Sleep" are two completely different songs.

Don't Go To Sleep: Pictures of plenty, sippin my glass full of henny/Hands on my semi, automatic kill for pennies
Don't Sleep: When I enter the first zone, worst known mic holder/My Hummer roll up, evacuating strapped soldiers