Author Topic: Lakers at the coliseum...  (Read 1831 times)

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Lakers at the coliseum...
« Reply #45 on: June 21, 2009, 02:39:29 PM »
Dodger fans=90% hispanics
Laker fans=the whole city

Lakers get more love out here by people of all sorts...sure, in the Latino community, Dodgers are bigger and more celebrated than the Lakers are anywhere. but that's just in one community. Lakers are loved by pretty much the whole city and all different types of people...PeACe

Dodgers aren't just loved by latinos.  Dodgers also have fans world wide because they were not only one of the first baseball teams to reach out to other countries but they were also the first sports team. Both the Lakers and Dodgers main fan base is latinos, for obvious reasons.  Latinos are the majority here in Los Angeles.  I can write a 10 page thesis on how the Dodgers is much more than just a sports team in Los Angeles though.  Its historical and cultural significance is on a whole different level that really only rivals the Yankees and Red Sox.  And really, IMO it surpasses those teams as well.  
« Last Edit: June 21, 2009, 02:41:33 PM by Mr. Javii »

westsiderider323

« Reply #46 on: June 21, 2009, 08:34:04 PM »
the crowd got loud when they showed footage of the dodgers on the bigscreen

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Id rather be rich n unhappy than poor n miserable
« Reply #47 on: June 21, 2009, 09:57:44 PM »
guys, its pointless to argue with nik.  in his eyes he is never wrong, and he could never admit to being wrong. 

let him think what he wants to think. 

everyone else knows whats up. 

'Oh I can't see him, I can't see God', YA'LL CAN'T SEE FUCKIN' AIR NEITHER!
Quote from: QuietTruth
Prove to me the wind. Show me the wind man. I want proof of that shit. Cuz I don't see it.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #48 on: June 21, 2009, 10:55:15 PM »
First let the Dodgers win the World Series, then we'll talk. You've never had a situation like the Dodger and Angels that the Lakers had to deal with.  Last I checked, the last baseball team to win the World Series...

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #49 on: June 21, 2009, 11:34:46 PM »
Yeah, the Angels win a World Series and they still don't have the attention the Dodgers have.  I don't hate on the Angels like other Dodger fans, but really they're not worthy enough to be in the discussion.  No large picture of the Angel logo can change this. 

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #50 on: June 22, 2009, 10:13:59 AM »
guys, its pointless to argue with nik.  in his eyes he is never wrong, and he could never admit to being wrong. 

right...so you usually think you're wrong when you're arguing a point? LMAO

stick to the topic, sensitive...plain and simple, LA is a Laker town... most people acknowledge this...PeACe

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #51 on: June 22, 2009, 10:49:20 AM »
I'm going to agree with NIKky.

When it comes to LA, and Southern California in general, you could argue Dodgers/Lakers all day, though they share most the same fans. Where the conflict now comes is that the Angels have actually won a World Series this century, and the Dodgers star player is taking pills to get pregnant. Not saying the Angels are clean, but I have yet to hear of any of them trying to give birth.

To see who's town it is, check to see how many Angel and Clipper hats there are , and how many Angel and Clipper fans there is. The Angels have picked up tons of fans. It starts with finally ditching that awful winged uniform, then winning the World Series, and then having a Hispanic owner who lower ticket prices and signed Vlad Guerrero. Out of no where, the unthinkable happened, the Dodgers now have threat to their popularity in there own sport. The Clippers, not so much. The Lakers have hurt themselves with the whole Shaq deal, but seem to have recovered, got back up and got back to winning titles. So well the Dodgers are trying to be the most popular team in just there sport, the Lakers are the most popular team in LA, and that's the important part. Outside places like the IE and OC are the main battle grounds of Angels/Dodgers, and you'll see as many Angel fans as Dodger fans. The Dodgers don't even have a minor league team in Southern California like the Angels have the Rancho Cucamunga Quakes, and the Padres have a team. The Dodgers use to have the San Bernardino team, but they left to Florida, and Seattle of all teams are now back in San Bernardino. So well it seems like the Dodgers are popular right now, they have a long ways to go, and even IF they win the World Series, they aren't on the Laker level.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #52 on: June 22, 2009, 11:25:14 AM »
We're clearly answering different questions.  Popularity vs. Culture/History.  I'll leave it at that. 

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #53 on: June 22, 2009, 11:46:45 AM »
We're clearly answering different questions.  Popularity vs. Culture/History.  I'll leave it at that. 

Lakers and Dodgers have great histories, hard to judge, and popularity Lakers are without a doubt more popular.

Dodgers, 5 World Series titles, been in LA since 1958, huge parade when they arrived.

Since the Lakers came to LA in 1960 with little fan fare (baseball was at it's peak in popularity, basketball was sen as something to do when Hockey was out of town) they have just won 10 NBA titles and had a huge parade last week.

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Id rather be rich n unhappy than poor n miserable
« Reply #54 on: June 22, 2009, 02:46:04 PM »

stick to the topic, sensitive...plain and simple, LA is a Laker town... most people acknowledge this...PeACe

ok nik.

'Oh I can't see him, I can't see God', YA'LL CAN'T SEE FUCKIN' AIR NEITHER!
Quote from: QuietTruth
Prove to me the wind. Show me the wind man. I want proof of that shit. Cuz I don't see it.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #55 on: June 22, 2009, 03:29:44 PM »

ok nik.

^and that reply was for?

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #56 on: June 22, 2009, 03:35:33 PM »
i really dont know what the argument is for..when i wear laker shit on the streets, i get props left and right. if i were to wear dodger shit instead, i doubt id be getting even half the props, if that...basketball is simply just a more popular sport in Los Angeles than baseball and if you ad to the fact that we've had bigger and better dynasties than the Dodgers in this era, there's really no competition.

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
« Reply #57 on: June 22, 2009, 03:37:47 PM »
honestly i thoguht it was mutual. i mean i love basketball more simply because i play the sport alot more and loved watching it when i was a kid.

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #58 on: June 22, 2009, 05:58:27 PM »
i really dont know what the argument is for..when i wear laker shit on the streets, i get props left and right. if i were to wear dodger shit instead, i doubt id be getting even half the props, if that...basketball is simply just a more popular sport in Los Angeles than baseball and if you ad to the fact that we've had bigger and better dynasties than the Dodgers in this era, there's really no competition.

an LA hat is like wearing a yankees hat now, it's mundane cuz EVERYONE has one.

where a Dodger's Jersey and it's the same as wearing a laker jersey

"you see the game last night"
'man kemp is clutch!"
"what's up with kershaw"
"free manny!"
" fuck andru jones"

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #59 on: June 22, 2009, 06:02:37 PM »
I'm going to agree with NIKky.

When it comes to LA, and Southern California in general, you could argue Dodgers/Lakers all day, though they share most the same fans. Where the conflict now comes is that the Angels have actually won a World Series this century, and the Dodgers star player is taking pills to get pregnant. Not saying the Angels are clean, but I have yet to hear of any of them trying to give birth.

To see who's town it is, check to see how many Angel and Clipper hats there are , and how many Angel and Clipper fans there is. The Angels have picked up tons of fans. It starts with finally ditching that awful winged uniform, then winning the World Series, and then having a Hispanic owner who lower ticket prices and signed Vlad Guerrero. Out of no where, the unthinkable happened, the Dodgers now have threat to their popularity in there own sport. The Clippers, not so much. The Lakers have hurt themselves with the whole Shaq deal, but seem to have recovered, got back up and got back to winning titles. So well the Dodgers are trying to be the most popular team in just there sport, the Lakers are the most popular team in LA, and that's the important part. Outside places like the IE and OC are the main battle grounds of Angels/Dodgers, and you'll see as many Angel fans as Dodger fans. The Dodgers don't even have a minor league team in Southern California like the Angels have the Rancho Cucamunga Quakes, and the Padres have a team. The Dodgers use to have the San Bernardino team, but they left to Florida, and Seattle of all teams are now back in San Bernardino. So well it seems like the Dodgers are popular right now, they have a long ways to go, and even IF they win the World Series, they aren't on the Laker level.

the dodgers in LA and surround areas have no threat from the angels....none. the only places that have Angel fans is in the OC and all the Bro suburbs

from Delano down to Bakersfield Down to Tahachapi then down toe Valencia down to Burbank down to down town LA down to Long Beach.....it's all dodger nation. go east to the burbs and OC then yeah there's angel fans, hell even go south more and you still see dodger fans in the san diego areas.

Angel fans 9 times out of 10 are band wagon jumpers and can't even name 3 current players or remember when they were the California Angels and they at one point had Nolan Ryan.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09