Author Topic: Lakers at the coliseum...  (Read 1827 times)

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Id rather be rich n unhappy than poor n miserable
Re: Lakers at the coliseum...
« Reply #75 on: June 22, 2009, 10:22:56 PM »
ive seen people wearing Dodger gear at raves and they get nowhere the same amount of love as people who wear Laker gear

i havent followed Dodger fans at raves (if there ever are any, i cant even seem to remember one

so you cant remember seeing one, but you know that they dont get props.  makes sense.

but i see the way people react to Dodgers and Lakers everywhere i g

whenever im out in my dodgers tshirt, i do get people coming up to me...i dont get the same type of reactions with just my LA hat, cause everyone wears an LA hat..even people who have never seen a baseball game in their life.

MAYBE if Dodgers did win a title after 88, then we'd have a fair debate...but as of now, it's Lakers all the way, homie

you think if LA wasnt a Dodger town, that 115,000+ people would of gone to the Coliseum for an EXHIBITION game?  

we have sucked for 20 years...a few good years here and there, but no titles.  and even after a 20 year drought, its STILL a Dodger town.  has been since the dodgers came to LA, and will continue to be until north korea blows up the west coast with a nuke.

it is what it is.

'Oh I can't see him, I can't see God', YA'LL CAN'T SEE FUCKIN' AIR NEITHER!
Quote from: QuietTruth
Prove to me the wind. Show me the wind man. I want proof of that shit. Cuz I don't see it.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #76 on: June 22, 2009, 11:08:30 PM »
NIK stated

-" the majority of baseball fans are white and latinio"

- he lives in a middle eastern community
- doesn't know one middle easterner that likes baseball

population of whites and latinos>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>middle easterners

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #77 on: June 22, 2009, 11:33:33 PM »
This picture alone shows a few iconic figures/images that are part of Los Angeles' culture

-Dodger Stadium, historic site that Staples Center will never surpass.  Sure it might look nice, but it will never surpass Dodger Stadium
-The palm trees, as any Angelino knows this is part of L.A. image
-Cars arriving in the parking lot is visible from inside the stadium, quite fitting to see this in L.A. Freeway Capital of the World
-The "LA" logo, which has transformed into much more than just the Los Angeles Dodgers logo
-The land of Chavez Ravine

The Dodgers franchise is much more than a sports team to Los Angeles.  It's one of the richest things about the City, something every Angelino should be proud of. 

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #78 on: June 23, 2009, 08:02:45 AM »
ive seen people wearing Dodger gear at raves and they get nowhere the same amount of love as people who wear Laker gear

i havent followed Dodger fans at raves (if there ever are any, i cant even seem to remember one

so you cant remember seeing one, but you know that they dont get props.  makes sense.

whenever im out in my dodgers tshirt, i do get people coming up to me...i dont get the same type of reactions with just my LA hat, cause everyone wears an LA hat..even people who have never seen a baseball game in their life.

MAYBE if Dodgers did win a title after 88, then we'd have a fair debate...but as of now, it's Lakers all the way, homie

you think if LA wasnt a Dodger town, that 115,000+ people would of gone to the Coliseum for an EXHIBITION game?  

we have sucked for 20 years...a few good years here and there, but no titles.  and even after a 20 year drought, its STILL a Dodger town.  has been since the dodgers came to LA, and will continue to be until north korea blows up the west coast with a nuke.

it is what it is.

do you realize how cheap baseball exhibition tickets are? LMAO. if Laker tickets were that price, we'd fill up a stadium of 1,000,000 people LOL. hilarious how you actually believe it's still a Dodger town. just turn on sports radio or tv...Lakers get way more coverage than Dodgers do out here and that's a fact. we even have our own radio station, do the Dodgers? also, the fact that people dont wear Dodger gears at raves only goes to show that the team isn't as celebrated in the community as the Lakers, and I really dont wanna sit here and argue this cuz I see it with my own eyes....I dunno, maybe if you live in a Hispanic neighborhood then the Dodgers will seem more beloved...but where i come from, they'd laugh at you for tryna claim the Dodgers are currently as big as the Lakers, because that is not true. not on a general consensus at least...PeACe

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #79 on: June 23, 2009, 08:06:59 AM »
NIK stated

-" the majority of baseball fans are white and latinio"

- he lives in a middle eastern community
- doesn't know one middle easterner that likes baseball

population of whites and latinos>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>middle easterners

yea....but the thing is, whites and Latinos still like the Lakers. LOL. so while the majority of Dodger fans are from a certain demographic, everyone and their mama loves the Lakers. shit, go to Glendale and mention Lakers to the Armenians out there, its like a religion to them...then ask if they give a shit about the Dodgers and see what they say LOL. come on, people...yall must live in some Hispanic dominant neighborhoods to truly think Dodgers are as popular in all of LA as the Lakers.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #80 on: June 23, 2009, 08:11:56 AM »
This picture alone shows a few iconic figures/images that are part of Los Angeles' culture

-Dodger Stadium, historic site that Staples Center will never surpass.  Sure it might look nice, but it will never surpass Dodger Stadium
-Cars arriving in the parking lot is visible from inside the stadium, quite fitting to see this in L.A. Freeway Capital of the World
-The "LA" logo, which has transformed into much more than just the Los Angeles Dodgers logo

The Dodgers franchise is much more than a sports team to Los Angeles.  It's one of the richest things about the City, something every Angelino should be proud of. 

Ill give you that, Dodger stadium is more historic, without a doubt....but come on, now, Staples Center was built in 1999 and is already the best/nicest venue in basketball. to say Staples Center will never be historic is ridiculous, because we've already accomplished more in the first 10 years within Staples Center than any other sports venue has......plus, were talkin about the franchise, not where the franchise plays. are the Knicks all of a sudden a bigger franchise than the Celtics because they play in MSG?

The Laker franchise is much more than a sports team to Los Angeles. It's one of the most (if not the most) celebrated things about the City, something every Angelino should be proud of.  8)

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #81 on: June 23, 2009, 09:25:11 AM »

-Dodger Stadium, historic site that Staples Center will never surpass.  Sure it might look nice, but it will never surpass Dodger Stadium

The Dodgers franchise is much more than a sports team to Los Angeles.  It's one of the richest things about the City, something every Angelino should be proud of.  

The Great Western Forum was a great site as well and was the pride of Ingelwood. Chavez Ravine was stolen from the people that lived there for generations and it took until like 3-4 years ago for the people to forgive them. After all it's only been 2 generations. At one time cities identified with their baseball team so of course the LA logo symbolizes Los Angeles, the problem is that now most people in LA, other than Latinos and older white guys don't follow baseball as closely. Were as the Lakers are loved by blacks, Latinos, whites and Asian, along with the millions of people who are middle eastern and Indian and pacific islander. If celebrities were not at Laker games, the true Laker fans would show that the Lakers have some of the loudest fans in the nations. Also, being seen at Dodger games is cool, but if you want to really be seen in LA, go to a Laker game.

And finally, with any outdoor sport in LA, it's hard not to have a great looking view.

« Last Edit: June 23, 2009, 11:15:44 AM by M Dogg »

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #82 on: June 23, 2009, 11:48:18 AM »

it is what it is.

do you realize how cheap baseball exhibition tickets are? LMAO. if Laker tickets were that price, we'd fill up a stadium of 1,000,000 people LOL. hilarious how you actually believe it's still a Dodger town. just turn on sports radio or tv...Lakers get way more coverage than Dodgers do out here and that's a fact. we even have our own radio station, do the Dodgers? also, the fact that people dont wear Dodger gears at raves only goes to show that the team isn't as celebrated in the community as the Lakers, and I really dont wanna sit here and argue this cuz I see it with my own eyes....I dunno, maybe if you live in a Hispanic neighborhood then the Dodgers will seem more beloved...but where i come from, they'd laugh at you for tryna claim the Dodgers are currently as big as the Lakers, because that is not true. not on a general consensus at least...PeACe

once again, youre talking out of your ass.

the NOSE BLEED SECTIONS were going for $100+ because it was such a hot commodity.  think about that..THE NOSE BLEED SECTION GOING FOR $100+...for an EXHIBITION game.

the fact that people dont wear Dodger gears at raves only goes to show that the team isn't as celebrated in the community as the Lakers

but YOU said that when youve seen people with dodger stuff on, they dont get any props.  of course, you admitted you dont see em there...so you were just talking out of your ass.  so anything you claim to see or whatever, it doesnt have any credibility.

« Last Edit: June 23, 2009, 11:51:02 AM by Something WyKiD This Way Comes »

Prove to me the wind. Show me the wind man. I want proof of that shit. Cuz I don't see it.

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #83 on: June 23, 2009, 11:53:12 AM »

The Great Western Forum was a great site as well and was the pride of Ingelwood. Chavez Ravine was stolen from the people that lived there for generations and it took until like 3-4 years ago for the people to forgive them. After all it's only been 2 generations. At one time cities identified with their baseball team so of course the LA logo symbolizes Los Angeles, the problem is that now most people in LA, other than Latinos and older white guys don't follow baseball as closely. Were as the Lakers are loved by blacks, Latinos, whites and Asian, along with the millions of people who are middle eastern and Indian and pacific islander. If celebrities were not at Laker games, the true Laker fans would show that the Lakers have some of the loudest fans in the nations. Also, being seen at Dodger games is cool, but if you want to really be seen in LA, go to a Laker game.

And finally, with any outdoor sport in LA, it's hard not to have a great looking view.

people who go to games, regardless of what sport, just to be seen need to have their nuts chopped off.

and why you even trying to bring the angels into this convo?  thats like me trying to bring the clippers into this. 

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #84 on: June 23, 2009, 11:54:38 AM »
-Great Western Forum is a great site yes, but it still doesn't match Dodger Stadium
-Staples Center will always have the name Staples attached to it, therefore no matter what the team accomplishes there it will always be tainted
-It's silly to say that only old white people and latinos follow baseball.  Yeah definitely black people don't follow baseball as much, but the flip side is that more asians follow baseball than basketball
-I wasn't even talking about the view with the picture, I'm talking about actual Los Angeles icons that are unique culturally to Los Angeles.  

The most successful sports team in Los Angeles?  Lakers
The most culturally and historically significant sports team in Los Angeles? Dodgers

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #85 on: June 23, 2009, 12:15:29 PM »

people who go to games, regardless of what sport, just to be seen need to have their nuts chopped off.

and why you even trying to bring the angels into this convo?  thats like me trying to bring the clippers into this. 

LOL... something the Angels have that the Dodgers and Clippers don't this century. A View like this.

-Great Western Forum is a great site yes, but it still doesn't match Dodger Stadium
-Staples Center will always have the name Staples attached to it, therefore no matter what the team accomplishes there it will always be tainted
-It's silly to say that only old white people and latinos follow baseball.  Yeah definitely black people don't follow baseball as much, but the flip side is that more asians follow baseball than basketball
-I wasn't even talking about the view with the picture, I'm talking about actual Los Angeles icons that are unique culturally to Los Angeles. 

The most successful sports team in Los Angeles?  Lakers
The most culturally and historically significant sports team in Los Angeles? Dodgers

Baseball as a sport historically was bigger in LA, but as of the last 30 years, basketball has been the sport of LA, and the Lakers remain the Heart of the City.

This is more likely to be seen as representing LA

Yeah, in 1958 they had a HUGE parade for the Dodgers, and they had made a big deal out of everything. And in 1960, the Lakers came with more titles but less fan fair, but that's because in the US as a whole, baseball was the national passtime. Baseball was on a popularity height. Once the 80's came around, you saw the Dodgers start to take a back seat to the Lakers. Both won titles, but it was the Lakers and Showtime that got the fans going, as Magic Johnson was a bigger star in LA that Fernando or Oral, or Gibson. A city that loves it' stars embraced Magic and it was official, the Lakers were LA. In the 90's, both struggled, but it was getting Shaq that kept the Lakers on top, and thoughout this decade the Lakers are light years ahead of Dodgers, and I'd say the Lakers might be the biggest franchise in all of California. Hell, you know how the Dodgers are selling Laker hats....

That's a Dodger hat, in Laker colors. You'd NEVER see a Yankee hat in Knicks colors in New York, you'd NEVER see a Twins hat in Timberwolves colors, and as popular as the Celtics are, you'd NEVER see a Red Sox hat in Celtics colors unless it's St. Patricks Day. It's simple, the Lakers run LA culture, and are making the Dodgers market themselves in a way that no other baseball team markets themselves. The Dodgers were the biggest team in LA when my dad was a kid, he'll tell you. It was hard for him to be an Angel fan back then. But times have changed, The great LA sign can be seen in purple and yellow as soon as Dodger blue. Dodgers may have once been kings of the city. But now, and since the days of Magic, It's been about Forum Blue and Gold.

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #86 on: June 23, 2009, 12:22:47 PM »
the dodger didnt make that, new era did. ::)

and yeah, the angels have ONE championship in how many years of existing?  congrats.  what else have you done?

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #87 on: June 23, 2009, 12:28:20 PM »

it is what it is.

once again, youre talking out of your ass.

the NOSE BLEED SECTIONS were going for $100+ because it was such a hot commodity.  think about that..THE NOSE BLEED SECTION GOING FOR $100+...for an EXHIBITION game.

the fact that people dont wear Dodger gears at raves only goes to show that the team isn't as celebrated in the community as the Lakers

but YOU said that when youve seen people with dodger stuff on, they dont get any props.  of course, you admitted you dont see em there...so you were just talking out of your ass.  so anything you claim to see or whatever, it doesnt have any credibility.

riggghhttt...everyone knows that baseball tickets are MUCH cheaper than basketball tickets, thats really not up for debate....if Laker tickets sold for the same price as Dodger tickets, you know DAMN WELL that none of us would even ever have the chance to attend the games with the demand there would be on tix...wed probably have to wait in line for months in advance. and I cant remember specifically if it happened at a rave or not, but ive seen dudes wear Dodger gear, walkin around and gettin no love...if it were Laker gear, you hear people screamin "LAKERS!" or "THATSWHATSUP!" left and right...Ive never seen that happen with Dodger shit, only at a Dodger game....I'm also pretty familiar with the rave community, so i wouldnt really have to personally see it to know that Dodgers arent as celebrated...I know for a fact that Dodgers get nowhere near the amount of love as the Lakers do at raves...lol, just go on plurlife.com and make a poll about it if you dont believe me. Honestly, though...the general public accepts that it's a Laker town. especially now that were champions...get with the times, homie...PeACe

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #88 on: June 23, 2009, 12:34:14 PM »

LOL... something the Angels have that the Dodgers and Clippers don't this century. A View like this.

-It's silly to say that only old white people and latinos follow baseball.  Yeah definitely black people don't follow baseball as much, but the flip side is that more asians follow baseball than basketball

The most successful sports team in Los Angeles?  Lakers

Baseball as a sport historically was bigger in LA, but as of the last 30 years, basketball has been the sport of LA, and the Lakers remain the Heart of the City.

This is more likely to be seen as representing LA

Yeah, in 1958 they had a HUGE parade for the Dodgers, and they had made a big deal out of everything. And in 1960, the Lakers came with more titles but less fan fair, but that's because in the US as a whole, baseball was the national passtime. Baseball was on a popularity height. Once the 80's came around, you saw the Dodgers start to take a back seat to the Lakers. Both won titles, but it was the Lakers and Showtime that got the fans going, as Magic Johnson was a bigger star in LA that Fernando or Oral, or Gibson. A city that loves it' stars embraced Magic and it was official, the Lakers were LA. In the 90's, both struggled, but it was getting Shaq that kept the Lakers on top, and thoughout this decade the Lakers are light years ahead of Dodgers, and I'd say the Lakers might be the biggest franchise in all of California. Hell, you know how the Dodgers are selling Laker hats....

That's a Dodger hat, in Laker colors. You'd NEVER see a Yankee hat in Knicks colors in New York, you'd NEVER see a Twins hat in Timberwolves colors, and as popular as the Celtics are, you'd NEVER see a Red Sox hat in Celtics colors unless it's St. Patricks Day. It's simple, the Lakers run LA culture, and are making the Dodgers market themselves in a way that no other baseball team markets themselves. The Dodgers were the biggest team in LA when my dad was a kid, he'll tell you. It was hard for him to be an Angel fan back then. But times have changed, The great LA sign can be seen in purple and yellow as soon as Dodger blue. Dodgers may have once been kings of the city. But now, and since the days of Magic, It's been about Forum Blue and Gold.

real fuckin talk

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #89 on: June 23, 2009, 01:29:10 PM »
especially now that were champions.

like i said, take away the bandwagon fans and the love for either team is equal.

it is what it is.