Author Topic: Woman Charged $1.92 Million For Downloading 24 songs  (Read 929 times)

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Woman Charged $1.92 Million For Downloading 24 songs
« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2009, 07:06:45 PM »
its a 2way street
they steal from us so lets get it
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #31 on: June 22, 2009, 07:17:31 PM »
lol
they steal our money
they get their muzik stolen

its a 2way street
they steal from us so lets get it

steal what?
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #32 on: June 22, 2009, 07:34:55 PM »

Now wasn't it worth it to just buy the damned albums, for real though..

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: June 23, 2009, 10:32:26 AM »
lol thats a bit excessive

why is our court system hearing this shit?

it is illegal though.  It is stealing.  That music was created by somebody else and it's being stolen.  It's killing the music industry... no telling how much great music is not going to ever be created because of it.  I'm serious, I know we like gettin free shit, but you got to be real, how is it any different from walking in a record store and stealing?

If I walk into a shop and steal an album, there is one less album on the shelf, whereas now if I choose to do so I am obtaining a digital copy. If you think about it the internet just allows for the facilitation of shared files on a worldwide basis, but the principle behind it is no different to being a youngster, copying an album of your friends onto tape. Barring them shutting the internet down completely in it's existing structure, they can't stop this, therefore it is time they moved with the times. There are flip sides to distribution of music through the internet most notably promotion, increased revenue through touring but likewise downsides, I don't dispute that but they need to embrace the business model and I think as time elapses the bit torrents of this world will compromise with the music companies.

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Id rather be rich n unhappy than poor n miserable
« Reply #34 on: June 23, 2009, 01:31:47 PM »
lol thats a bit excessive

why is our court system hearing this shit?

it is illegal though.  It is stealing.  That music was created by somebody else and it's being stolen.  It's killing the music industry... no telling how much great music is not going to ever be created because of it.  I'm serious, I know we like gettin free shit, but you got to be real, how is it any different from walking in a record store and stealing?
if you walk into a record store, and steal 2 albums, will they fine you for 1.92 million? 

'Oh I can't see him, I can't see God', YA'LL CAN'T SEE FUCKIN' AIR NEITHER!
Quote from: QuietTruth
Prove to me the wind. Show me the wind man. I want proof of that shit. Cuz I don't see it.

Aero

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #35 on: June 23, 2009, 02:49:34 PM »
thats fucked up but lol @

this is the second trial. in the first one she lost and was ordered to pay $220,000. the judge in the first case admitted he made some fuckups instructing the jury, it went back to court and now she got found guilty again, having to pay the $1.92mil

they offered to settle the case before the trial for $3-5000 but she said no
, bet she wishes she didnt use that p2p now

bittorrent and rapidshare/megaupload/whatever will be next on the hit list of the RIAA. private trackers for bittorrent keep logs, so does rapidshare, megaupload etc

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #36 on: June 23, 2009, 05:33:36 PM »
thats nice...sue a mother of four for money she most likely doesnt have and will never have.

good job. 

Seriously. Does the country not have more important issues to deal with than illegal music downloads?
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"