Author Topic: When are we going to get a Soopafly interview?  (Read 565 times)

Digital Pimpin'

Re: When are we going to get a Soopafly interview?
« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2009, 08:18:50 AM »
^^Nate Dogg was on 'Annie Mae' although that was by exception as Nate made a personal request to feature on the track.

But it's true about DR artists not being allowed to work outside the label. That's why Warren G and Lil Half Dead's albums are full of scratched in Snoop samples, when he could have been guesting.

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Its my duty to break a bitch down to buck nudie
« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2009, 08:28:51 AM »
^^Nate Dogg was on 'Annie Mae' although that was by exception as Nate made a personal request to feature on the track.

But it's true about DR artists not being allowed to work outside the label. That's why Warren G and Lil Half Dead's albums are full of scratched in Snoop samples, when he could have been guesting.

True...forgot about Annie Mae, that was an exception due to Nate asking.  I still think there could be a good story as to why Fly ended up working with the Twinz early on in his career.  To me, there is some validity in asking that question for the Soopafly interview.

Digital Pimpin'

« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2009, 08:31:34 AM »
I still think there could be a good story as to why Fly ended up working with the Twinz early on in his career.

If it doesn't involve Suge Knight's face and Soopafly's pimp hand, I will be sorely disappointed.

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Its my duty to break a bitch down to buck nudie
« Reply #33 on: June 23, 2009, 08:36:33 AM »
Well, I did ask a question about how he got off Death Row....Suge usually doesen't let his artists leave without some kind of backlash.  I know Fly filed bankruptcy, so I don't know if that was the thing that got him off the contract or what.  Suge didn't really diss him or anything like he did his other artists that wanted to leave, so maybe Fly did give him a taste of the pimp hand.  If someone can put the interview together, we can find out for sure.