Author Topic: So is appreciation for lyricists making a comeback?  (Read 165 times)

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
So is appreciation for lyricists making a comeback?
« on: June 27, 2009, 09:19:30 AM »
You have Slaughterhouse coming soon and Undergods (Murray N Bis) and although they have been around for a while Red N Meth dropped a new album. I don't think you will see other than possibly slaughterhouse a lyricist do huge numbers but it seems like people are beginning to come back around for music from lyricists. The die hard fans never went anywhere. I always thought when Canibus did not make it big that was the death of the lyricists going mainstream in a big way like that.

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: So is appreciation for lyricists making a comeback?
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2009, 10:03:44 AM »
yeah the bis group might be dope altho canibus can be much doper than murray-jus IMO tho
but yeah the whole slaughterhouse thing is crazy, cuz the muzik they are makin is str8 hip-hop and they killin it
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2009, 10:08:19 AM »
yeah the bis group might be dope altho canibus can be much doper than murray-jus IMO tho
but yeah the whole slaughterhouse thing is crazy, cuz the muzik they are makin is str8 hip-hop and they killin it

Don't sell Murray short, he got lyrics for days. That is why that album is probably going to be insane because they will bring the best out of each other lyrically

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2009, 10:11:07 AM »
nah ima give it a listen, jus never been biggest murray fan and i still gave his muzik a try (many traxx) and he isnt nuthin special
now of course when i say special im throwin him up against others
rza
gza
z-ro
even canibus when canibus is on one lol

im not sayin hes wack, jus a lil overrated
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Matty

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2009, 10:15:12 AM »
murray is one of the best spitters ever imo, but that's just my own preference. he's certainly better than most the cats doing it today.

and slaughterhouse is proving that real hip-hop is making a comeback. any artist or label whose still coming out on some corny shit is gonna find it harder to maintain any kind of fan base and generate buzz.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2009, 11:39:17 AM »
J-Live

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2009, 11:42:52 AM »
But it seems like even on the major and indie level, that there is starting to be a push for at the very least music with some substance and skill level again. I really hope this slaughterhouse album gets the proper push it deserves. Really one of the biggest albums hype wise E1/Koch has put out.

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2009, 12:02:04 PM »

Yeah this seems like a good point right now, the ones who are being hyped right, the next to blow etc are lyricists, this is a completely different landscape to the last few years. In these years, it was about how much of a street thug you were, what street cred you had, the substance didn't matter "cough uncle murda".
I am really anticipating slaughter house  ;D