Author Topic: Top 50 NBA Players all-time according to SLAM  (Read 1031 times)

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
Re: Top 50 NBA Players all-time according to SLAM
« Reply #45 on: June 28, 2009, 07:45:54 PM »
odom isn't 7 feet

and i think wilt would be a good plaeyr but like i said shaq in his prime would have made wilt look like john konkac

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #46 on: June 28, 2009, 08:42:06 PM »
LOL...what a joke of a list, top 2 bottom.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #47 on: June 28, 2009, 08:46:44 PM »
odom isn't 7 feet

and i think wilt would be a good plaeyr but like i said shaq in his prime would have made wilt look like john konkac

oden

my b
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #48 on: June 29, 2009, 06:13:16 PM »
Shaq could have dominated Bill, Wilt & Kareem if he played in their ERA.

but it was a different game back then; Shaq would have gotten called for offensive fouls & travels back in the day lol.

i wonder if Bill, Wilt & Kareem would even be the players they are remembered as if they played in today's game basketball.

Athletes typically always get better. Especially over that long of a period of time.  Kareem was recent enough that he could probably still compete. But Wilt and Bill would get dominated by any quality big over the last 15 yrs.  Like you said, the game changes...and players evolve. Just look when you watch OLD NBA clips from back in the day and the PG's could hardly use their left hand lol

go look at how high Wilt Chamberlain's vertical jump was.... he would still dominate at 7'1 in today's NBA

Look at the difference in skills that a 7'1" player typically has now compared to then. You have 7 footers able to run a fast break, shoot the three, cross you over lol. Good luck with that one Wilt. Wilt was the most dominant player ever, for his time. But its utterly retarded to think that a 7 footer from Wilts time would dominate the league NOW the way they did THEN when they were the exception. Now, a 7 footer is the norm.

actually in this NBA you're scarce to find a 7 footer who can actually play

you got Yao...always gettin hurt

Bynum...always gettin hurt

Oden...never been healthy

D-Howard is 6'11 lol

Wilt's athleticism would be great in any decade...but he still was no Bill Russell  8)

yes, but youre comparing to the previous group of Hakeem, Robinson, Shaq, and Ewing.  That group was recent enough that newer players now havent had a chance to surpass their skill level. But when youre talking about players 30, 40, 50 yrs ago...the amount of skill an average NBA player NOW has, would be the top players in the league THEN.  When youre comparing players from that long ago, you can only compare them to THEIR generation. Not to the current one, as the current generation (again, when there is that much time in between them) will ALWAYS have more skill. That goes for ANY sport. Athletes always evolve.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"