Author Topic: damn why is soccer hated so much???  (Read 1561 times)

Furor Teutonicus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aka Dr. Jan Itor
Re: damn why is soccer hated so much???
« Reply #45 on: June 30, 2009, 04:25:13 AM »
Number one I'm not American I find that insulting.Number two I just think soccer is boring I'd rather watch bowling and darts.I have never understood why people like it.And this is a thread about why people hate soccer so I stated my reason.I didn't go into a soccer thread and start saying it sucks

ok, sry for this generalisation, it was more directed @ the usual suspects
« Last Edit: June 30, 2009, 04:28:20 AM by Dr. Ján Ďtor »

StreetsAllSalute

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #46 on: June 30, 2009, 04:30:03 AM »

A lot more then soccer is.At least football has good physical contact.Not like soccer a guy gets touched and acts like he just got shot.
Maybe we should attract some 'enforcers'  (in other words: potential prison inmates who have no talents except mayhem) and allow them to fight until the first one gets knocked down to make it more appealing for you.

Again i am forced to point to the english sunday league ;D

StreetsAllSalute

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #47 on: June 30, 2009, 04:33:27 AM »
And for the record hockey is my favorite sport.

see i can actually deal with hockey i used to pretty good at it back inna de day

baseball is basically rounders which is a girls sport over here

american football is rugby to me...and i find both borin dosent matter which nationility/game is playin...

basketballs ok but im shit at it so its never appealed lol

LOL@ rather watching darts tho

Furor Teutonicus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aka Dr. Jan Itor
« Reply #48 on: June 30, 2009, 04:38:21 AM »

A lot more then soccer is.At least football has good physical contact.Not like soccer a guy gets touched and acts like he just got shot.
Maybe we should attract some 'enforcers'  (in other words: potential prison inmates who have no talents except mayhem) and allow them to fight until the first one gets knocked down to make it more appealing for you.

I'm from Germany, it ain't different here. Especially  if you play aganist turkish teams and have 6 Albanians in your own team.

StreetsAllSalute

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #49 on: June 30, 2009, 04:48:18 AM »

I'm from Germany, it ain't different here. Especially  if you play aganist turkish teams and have 6 Albanians in your own team.

thats the type of match where someone gets their nose broken in the 1st minute lol

Makaveli's Food & Liquor

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #50 on: June 30, 2009, 04:54:17 AM »
Ulot all say Soccer is boring because 75% of you only see the MLS which is one of the worst leagues in the world, not surprised u find it boring as fuck but u cant say the important football leagues are boring. It has more action than Basketball (which im a fan of) and Baseball, which is truly the cure for insomnia, i dont get how any one can sit down and watch it, its soooo boring lol. No way in hell is it better than Cricket, watch a Cricket Twenty Twenty match then i dare u to say Baseball is better

Im a fan of NFL even though i find it annoying sometimes cos of all the stoppages and well Hockey seems to be more about fights than anything else

But lets all be honest, the one sport which shits on every sport i just mentioned is RUGBY, no giant pads, helmets, constant stoppages, this is a REAL sport

StreetsAllSalute

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #51 on: June 30, 2009, 04:56:16 AM »
Ulot all say Soccer is boring because 75% of you only see the MLS which is one of the worst leagues in the world, not surprised u find it boring as fuck but u cant say the important football leagues are boring. It has more action than Basketball (which im a fan of) and Baseball, which is truly the cure for insomnia, i dont get how any one can sit down and watch it, its soooo boring lol. No way in hell is it better than Cricket, watch a Cricket Twenty Twenty match then i dare u to say Baseball is better

Im a fan of NFL even though i find it annoying sometimes cos of all the stoppages and well Hockey seems to be more about fights than anything else

But lets all be honest, the one sport which shits on every sport i just mentioned is RUGBY, no giant pads, helmets, constant stoppages, this is a REAL sport

ohh dear dude just added another 2 pages to this threaD

Jaydc555

« Reply #52 on: June 30, 2009, 05:02:23 AM »
If you think hockey is just about fighting you don't watch much of it

Makaveli's Food & Liquor

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #53 on: June 30, 2009, 05:15:00 AM »
If you think hockey is just about fighting you don't watch much of it

I had a Canadian business teacher who was obsessed wit Hockey and used to show us clips of Fights over and over again, never any Hockey just fights, so i watched a few games and it seems like people are more excited about the chance of a fight than actually seeing someone score

Jaydc555

« Reply #54 on: June 30, 2009, 05:17:50 AM »
Its an exciting aspect of the sport and unique but its just a small part of the game.Come playoff hockey theirs barely any fights

Portugoal

« Reply #55 on: June 30, 2009, 06:25:47 AM »

Scrappy Doo

« Reply #56 on: June 30, 2009, 07:05:46 AM »
another thing are the fans...soccer fans are die hard fans compared to lets say basketball or football fans.

morbidenigma

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #57 on: June 30, 2009, 07:13:42 AM »

but in Soccer, you can't be big; you HAVE to be slim & fast; so you see games on TV & they go to the fans & you see these fat guys rockin' all their countries shit & they can't even play. :laugh:

u oviously havent seen the size of Heskey or evn thebulky rooney

Paul

« Reply #58 on: June 30, 2009, 07:27:01 AM »
Football/Soccer isnt part or hasnt been part of the american culture like it has in Europe, thats why there is less interest and passion for it in the US
funkyfreshintheflesh

StreetsAllSalute

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #59 on: June 30, 2009, 07:31:41 AM »
Football/Soccer isnt part or hasnt been part of the american culture like it has in Europe, thats why there is less interest and passion for it in the US

word...i mean when you consider  in world war 2 both sides actually stopped fighting on christmas day...crossed the trenches and had a good ole kick about...says alot for the passion most the world holds for it

but if somebody went down like they were shot in that match...they probably had been 8)