Author Topic: damn why is soccer hated so much???  (Read 1563 times)

Scrappy Doo

Re: damn why is soccer hated so much???
« Reply #60 on: June 30, 2009, 07:39:51 AM »
Football/Soccer isnt part or hasnt been part of the american culture like it has in Europe, thats why there is less interest and passion for it in the US

word...i mean when you consider  in world war 2 both sides actually stopped fighting on christmas day...crossed the trenches and had a good ole kick about...says alot for the passion most the world holds for it

but if somebody went down like they were shot in that match...they probably had been 8)

That was in world war 1...on one side were the germans and on the other side were English/Scotish and French Soldiers and they stopped the war..on christmas day to play a soccer.

Digital Pimpin'

« Reply #61 on: June 30, 2009, 07:45:51 AM »
Football/Soccer isnt part or hasnt been part of the american culture like it has in Europe, thats why there is less interest and passion for it in the US

word...i mean when you consider  in world war 2 both sides actually stopped fighting on christmas day...crossed the trenches and had a good ole kick about...says alot for the passion most the world holds for it

but if somebody went down like they were shot in that match...they probably had been 8)

That was in world war 1...on one side were the germans and on the other side were English/Scotish and French Soldiers and they stopped the war..on christmas day to play a soccer.

I bet the Germans still won on penalties.

StreetsAllSalute

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #62 on: June 30, 2009, 08:23:05 AM »

word...i mean when you consider  in world war 2 both sides actually stopped fighting on christmas day...crossed the trenches and had a good ole kick about...says alot for the passion most the world holds for it

then while they celebrated we shot them all and the war was won :D

and im sure it was ww2

Scrappy Doo

« Reply #63 on: June 30, 2009, 08:41:31 AM »

word...i mean when you consider  in world war 2 both sides actually stopped fighting on christmas day...crossed the trenches and had a good ole kick about...says alot for the passion most the world holds for it

then while they celebrated we shot them all and the war was won :D

and im sure it was ww2

Wouldnt be so sure....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christmas_truce

There is even a movie about the event

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joyeux_No%C3%ABl

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #64 on: June 30, 2009, 09:12:49 AM »
Its because its boring to watch.It makes baseball seem exciting.

you guys always hate on football simply because you think it's boring? I think baseball is boring, but I'd never jump into a baseball thread and write some stupid shit like 'baseball sucks'. The classical reasoning for their hate is 'I always hate on soccer because the Eurofags are so sensitive about it'.
 No, it's the envy because your sports don't get the worldwide recognition like football does.

by all means, you can think whatever you want; but we love Football because it's hard hitting & exciting, you can place bets on it with spreads just to spice it up.

the best part of Football is that no assemble of any 30 Non-Americans in the ENTIRE world can beat our best. ;D

if you lived in America you would agree & admit Football is the better sport; but you have too much Euro-Pride for that.

people play Soccer because they can't play any other sport; it's such a stupid argument to say "Soccer gets more Worldwide recognition" when thats just because their is a whole continent of Europe who ONLY knows Soccer. sure, more countries play Soccer, just about everyone does; but if you fags got into the sport or got into Baseball that would easily be the dominating sport of the World.

US, Asia, Africa, all those islands, DR, PR, Venezula, etc.

you're the only reason Baseball isn't the biggest sport in the world; but even without a whole continent playing it, it's still "the talk" over Soccer anyday of the week. 8)

so the reason you guys hate on Football is because you simply can't play it.

Digital Pimpin'

« Reply #65 on: June 30, 2009, 09:38:07 AM »

you guys always hate on football simply because you think it's boring? I think baseball is boring, but I'd never jump into a baseball thread and write some stupid shit like 'baseball sucks'. The classical reasoning for their hate is 'I always hate on soccer because the Eurofags are so sensitive about it'.
 No, it's the envy because your sports don't get the worldwide recognition like football does.

by all means, you can think whatever you want; but we love Football because it's hard hitting & exciting, you can place bets on it with spreads just to spice it up.

the best part of Football is that no assemble of any 30 Non-Americans in the ENTIRE world can beat our best. ;D

if you lived in America you would agree & admit Football is the better sport; but you have too much Euro-Pride for that.

people play Soccer because they can't play any other sport; it's such a stupid argument to say "Soccer gets more Worldwide recognition" when thats just because their is a whole continent of Europe who ONLY knows Soccer. sure, more countries play Soccer, just about everyone does; but if you fags got into the sport or got into Baseball that would easily be the dominating sport of the World.

you're the only reason Baseball isn't the biggest sport in the world; but even without a whole continent playing it, it's still "the talk" over Soccer anyday of the week. 8)

Of course that's true; only the Americans know the rules.

Secondly, if you lived in South America, Asia or Europe you would be football mad (sorry, soccer ::))

Your whole argument is a little weak. You admit the best part of American Football is that Americans are so good at it. You say if everyone else got into your sports, they'd be the biggest in the world too. Well with all the American TV distributed around the world, if it was gonna happen it would've happened by now.

The reason 'soccer' is so big in the world, is because it only requires a ball to start playing. It can be very simple or very complex, depending on how you play it. The nearest American equivalent is basketball.

Fuck it, this whole thread is pointless. Shit ain't gonna change. The 'soccer' World Cup will continue to be bigger than the Olympics.

J Bananas

« Reply #66 on: June 30, 2009, 09:39:46 AM »
It's not that we really hate it, it's just funny to see the brits get their knickers in a twist when we says it sucks.

Exactly.

Portugoal

« Reply #67 on: June 30, 2009, 09:48:39 AM »
another thing are the fans...soccer fans are die hard fans compared to lets say basketball or football fans.

On here only Mac 10 and other Glasgow Rangers fans would take a bullet for their team.

Fans like live for their club and are in need of a real life, but on the other hand... in America simple minded people like that don't have something to live for, so...

No Compute

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #68 on: June 30, 2009, 09:58:13 AM »
another thing are the fans...soccer fans are die hard fans compared to lets say basketball or football fans.

On here only Mac 10 and other Glasgow Rangers fans would take a bullet for their team.

Fans like live for their club and are in need of a real life, but on the other hand... in America simple minded people like that don't have something to live for, so...

Mac 10 isn't a hun.

Portugoal

« Reply #69 on: June 30, 2009, 10:03:49 AM »

Mac 10 isn't a hun.

He's a honey poney.

StreetsAllSalute

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #70 on: June 30, 2009, 10:34:29 AM »

wow you mean you can place bets on your sports...like accumulators...and like win money??...damn wish we had bookies over here....

because nobody plays it here or maybe theirs a gene that makes americans better at sports than anyone else(providin their the only ones that play it)   ::)

if you lived anyway else in the world excluding maybe canada and austrailia you'd know proper football is better but your too much of an Ameri-cunt

people play proper football the rest of the world over because its 90% of the worlds sporting passion as well as being lucrative..plus your average player runs between 10miles to 13miles in an hour and a half game over a 60 game season...so to call into question athleticism is plain retarded...i mean true there not 300 pound odd monsters but what you expect?..football is strict on steroid use...and if we all got into chess that would be the dominate sport etc etc

biggest sport in asia=soccer,africa=soccer,south AMERICA=soccer you see where im goin with this

i cant play it....well ive never tryed....but i know i cant watch it LOL my main beef wit it is u didnt call it american rugby

had to break ur post down because it was actually the stupidest thing ive read in months...

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #71 on: June 30, 2009, 10:41:08 AM »

Of course that's true; only the Americans know the rules.

Secondly, if you lived in South America, Asia or Europe you would be football mad (sorry, soccer ::))

Your whole argument is a little weak. You admit the best part of American Football is that Americans are so good at it. You say if everyone else got into your sports, they'd be the biggest in the world too. Well with all the American TV distributed around the world, if it was gonna happen it would've happened by now.

The reason 'soccer' is so big in the world, is because it only requires a ball to start playing. It can be very simple or very complex, depending on how you play it. The nearest American equivalent is basketball.

Fuck it, this whole thread is pointless. Shit ain't gonna change. The 'soccer' World Cup will continue to be bigger than the Olympics.

i'm not even tryin' to prove a point here, just asking a question i honestly don't know.

which Finals or Championship Game has the highest viewer rating on TV? which sport?

wow you mean you can place bets on your sports...like accumulators...and like win money??...damn wish we had bookies over here....

because nobody plays it here or maybe theirs a gene that makes americans better at sports than anyone else(providin their the only ones that play it)   ::)

if you lived anyway else in the world excluding maybe canada and austrailia you'd know proper football is better but your too much of an Ameri-cunt

people play proper football the rest of the world over because its 90% of the worlds sporting passion as well as being lucrative..plus your average player runs between 10miles to 13miles in an hour and a half game over a 60 game season...so to call into question athleticism is plain retarded...i mean true there not 300 pound odd monsters but what you expect?..football is strict on steroid use...and if we all got into chess that would be the dominate sport etc etc

biggest sport in asia=soccer,africa=soccer,south AMERICA=soccer you see where im goin with this

i cant play it....well ive never tryed....but i know i cant watch it LOL my main beef wit it is u didnt call it american rugby

had to break ur post down because it was actually the stupidest thing ive read in months...

lol, European?

it's just funny to see the brits get their knickers in a twist when we says it sucks.

but your also a moron because if you don't know that Asia (China, Japan & Korea) aren't in love with the game of Baseball your MAD!

i also the Dominican Republic, Puerto Rico & Venezuela which make up at least 50% of the MLB; but go ahead & tell me their biggest sports are Soccer. :laugh:

StreetsAllSalute

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #72 on: June 30, 2009, 10:50:58 AM »
i didnt say they dont like other sports...i said said soccer is asia,africa and south america's BIGGEST sport...so thats 1 continent u was talkin bout(europe) + 3 continents...that equals 4 continents!

and show me where i said venezuela likes football more than baseball? nevermind the fact you switch between baseball/american football and basketball dependin on which suits your arguement

it's just funny to see the brits get their knickers in a twist when we says it sucks.

yet the twisting of knickers is the only logical explanation for that steamin turd of a post you made

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #73 on: June 30, 2009, 11:01:17 AM »
i'll give you Africa but at least they have a baseball team.

Asia has good Soccer teams, but they still are bigger in Baseball, you just aren't up to date enough with it to realize it.

& i never said anything about South America i was talking about those small islands below Florida lol.

by the way just because "all it takes is a ball to play", doesn't make it a good sport; just because it accomidates 3rd World Countries who can only afford to play Soccer doesn't mean "geez, Soccer allows people of all incomes & living conditions to play; it has to be a great sport." :stupid:

Jaydc555

« Reply #74 on: June 30, 2009, 11:03:45 AM »
Yeah its obvious soccer is the number one sport because it takes no money to play.That's the thing about hockey,its such an expensive game to play.That's why at least in my opinion you don't see many minorities playing. Its just too damn pricey