Author Topic: Basic questions about starting in MMA (Amateur UFC)?  (Read 141 times)

wxoklp

• Lil Geezy
Basic questions about starting in MMA (Amateur UFC)?
« on: June 30, 2009, 03:05:20 AM »
I am currently 6'4 and weigh 185lbs - I have a well rounded weekly workout routine. The only problem is I've been having trouble gaining weight after I hit 180.

I am not currently on a diet, though I do consume 100% whey shakes . . Does anyone know of a website with a "diet builder" for gaining muscle and not body fat? (I just need the nutritional values for somebody my weight and size).

Second question - is to much protein bad? I've been trying to gain the appropriate amount of protein for my weight - which is roughly 280G a day. Would it hurt, help, or have no effect if I were to exceed this recommendation?

and lastly, what styles should I start working on next? I am currently training in Kickboxing, BJJ (Brazilian jiu jitsu) - with a background in standard Boxing. Does anyone have any suggestions on a fourth / fifth style that could compliment these styles well? I feel very comfortable with all of the styles, but it's time to move onto something new it seems.

That should be all for now . . thanks.

Portugoal

Re: Basic questions about starting in MMA (Amateur UFC)?
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2009, 03:15:26 AM »
Send a message to Meho. He's a member here and knows everything about it.

Jaydc555

Re: Basic questions about starting in MMA (Amateur UFC)?
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2009, 03:47:48 AM »
Hgh...That's what Brock lesnar did.