Author Topic: Why do people follow the bible and take it seriously?  (Read 2265 times)

Triple OG Rapsodie

Why do people follow the bible and take it seriously?
« on: June 30, 2009, 05:52:26 PM »
...when it was written by all these different men (some we dont' even know who they were) and collected by another group of men and formed into a collection, then passed down and constantly revised for hundreds of years? How could it even possibly be close to the word of god?

Blasphemy

Re: Why do people follow the bible and take it seriously?
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2009, 06:51:12 PM »
...when it was written by all these different men (some we dont' even know who they were) and collected by another group of men and formed into a collection, then passed down and constantly revised for hundreds of years? How could it even possibly be close to the word of god?

Why do faggots have to walk over other peoples beliefs??? Honestly, I'm sick of Ahiest talking about about religious fucks, and I'm sick of Religious fucks trying to convert people. Believe what you want to believe, but don't push your beliefs on other mother fuckers...

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2009, 06:59:31 PM »

Why do faggots have to walk over other peoples beliefs??? Honestly, I'm sick of Ahiest talking about about religious fucks, and I'm sick of Religious fucks trying to convert people. Believe what you want to believe, but don't push your beliefs on other mother fuckers...

I never said I was an atheist. I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything so how am I pushing my beliefs on anyone? I'm not shitting on anyone's religion. I'm just asking why people interpret the bible literally when it was written by men.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2009, 07:02:28 PM »
If your tired of it then why the fuck are you even responding? I see tons of posts I think are stupid everyday but you don't see me commenting on them unless I want to add my opinion.

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2009, 07:02:48 PM »
most sensible religious people (they exist!) read the stories as purely allegorical parables and learn lessons about life from them and just like *belief* in god they *believe* that this is the word of god passed down

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2009, 07:08:35 PM »

I never said I was an atheist. I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything so how am I pushing my beliefs on anyone? I'm not shitting on anyone's religion. I'm just asking why people interpret the bible literally when it was written by men.

lol you juz contradicted yourself. your pushing your own opinion by discrediting the religious by saying its written by man.

no shit its written by man, the whole religion is based on faith. atleast know bout the religous before you make yourself look like a fool.

i reply, and im probaly sure he replied to correct yourself. your being a dumbass, stop

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2009, 07:24:56 PM »
most sensible religious people (they exist!) read the stories as purely allegorical parables and learn lessons about life from them and just like *belief* in god they *believe* that this is the word of god passed down

See I get why people would do that but a lot of people believe in it religiously. This question was targeted more towards them. The type of people who take quotes out of the bible (a lot of times out of context) to try and back up whatever their opinion is.

EDIT: the bible WAS written by man you fool. How is that contradicting and pushing my beliefs? I'm stating fact. And its also been shown that man can lie and makes stuff up (he certainly does in today's society, doesn't he?) I haven't even said what I believe. I'm just pointing out things. You can draw your own conclusions from that.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2009, 07:32:16 PM by rapsodie »

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2009, 07:25:40 PM »
i probaly went a lil over board, my bad bro. didnt get my daily smoke on yet.

fucking fiending

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

Roccy

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2009, 12:03:17 AM »
we'll just continue to fill this up..
how it really goes down..

J Bananas

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2009, 12:23:49 AM »
Christians, Muslims, Jews, if they take it serious they are all idiots.

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2009, 11:03:55 AM »
People follow it for all the wrong reasons. Mainly fear.  Kids believe in Santa Claus because they are afraid they wont get the presents the want at Christmas...until some adult explains to them that Santa is not real. He is make believe.  Imagine if there were no rational adults to explain that to young children. They'd become adults that believed in such a ridiculous idea of a fat man from the North Pole watching over everyone to see who's naughty and nice, and swoops down in one night to bring presents to EVERYone lol. Seems so silly for adults to believe such an obviously made up character huh?  Not like God and that Jesus character. Their existence makes so much more sense... :-\
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2009, 08:35:04 PM »
..parables and learn lessons about life from them..
I agree.

I believe The Bible whole heartily, of course not word for word, becuz it's logically been edited over centuries, as it went thru different languages and all, but I do believe in it, regardless. I quote it. Live by it. I think it's a great read. I love that shit. I love inspiration. I think that shit is great. I don't imagine a person who believes in God is weak-minded, I consider them to be strong-minded to have faith in somethang unseen. Now don't get me wrong niggas, there's different kinds of people and religious nutz out there who take it to a whole nother level. I personally think Born Again Christians are fuckin' crazy, in my honest opinion to name one. LOL. But if you a sensible human and could take the overall meaning of it into consideration, good for you. Really.

My thought process is like, how could you deny God? Like for real. Spirituality is a good look to me. I salute people men. Faith is important to have in ya life. If you need it, too. The Bible do say that faith is the substance of things hoped for and it's the evidence of things not seen. So fuck, I guess at this day and age, it shows you got SOME kind of strength to trust in somethang that the naked eye can't see.

I don't know. I love negro spirituals. I love old fashioned gospel songs. I love when people look to God honestly for themselves, not ones who just do it, to DO IT, you know what I'm sayin'? Preachers are wack. From all religions. They are more hypocritical than any of the followers. That's why I say, you gots to read The Bible for YOU. Read yourself. Find meaning in it for YOUR self. Interrupt it for YOUR self.

Shitttt, ya'll can argue how hypocritical these people are, 'followers of God', I'm FUCKIN' WIT YOU. I'm wit you. Trust in that. People who go to Church. People who pray....for just themselves. All these people who claim to be 'believers' but who disobey all God's laws. I don't care how much you use the excuse of human nature. Ya know. I can understand that.

Yeah I do have my opinions about Atheists, obviously as a person who do believe in God. But I mean everybody has rights and are entitled to beliefs so I can't say much, really. I ain't one of those people to push anythang on anybody, I don't like them preachers and Bible quoters who go around lookin' dumb, talkin' dumb. You can be just as faithful by sittin' in your bedroom all alone, havin' a one on one.

From another view...I won't front, I go back and forth wit it all the time. Like for one whole week I'll be constantly praying and living by a verse or somethang and than the next week get real discouraged and forget about it, until maybe another week and get a change of hope again. Not that I'm becoming agnostic or nuthin' just becoming hopeless. But that's when you read it again. Inspiration.

Anyways, but yup, I'm one of them who reads The Bible and takes it seriously so...hey. There's my opinions in type.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2009, 09:58:46 AM »
..parables and learn lessons about life from them..
I agree.

I believe The Bible whole heartily, of course not word for word, becuz it's logically been edited over centuries, as it went thru different languages and all, but I do believe in it, regardless. I quote it. Live by it. I think it's a great read. I love that shit. I love inspiration. I think that shit is great. I don't imagine a person who believes in God is weak-minded, I consider them to be strong-minded to have faith in somethang unseen. Now don't get me wrong niggas, there's different kinds of people and religious nutz out there who take it to a whole nother level. I personally think Born Again Christians are fuckin' crazy, in my honest opinion to name one. LOL. But if you a sensible human and could take the overall meaning of it into consideration, good for you. Really.

My thought process is like, how could you deny God? Like for real. Spirituality is a good look to me. I salute people men. Faith is important to have in ya life. If you need it, too. The Bible do say that faith is the substance of things hoped for and it's the evidence of things not seen. So fuck, I guess at this day and age, it shows you got SOME kind of strength to trust in somethang that the naked eye can't see.

I don't know. I love negro spirituals. I love old fashioned gospel songs. I love when people look to God honestly for themselves, not ones who just do it, to DO IT, you know what I'm sayin'? Preachers are wack. From all religions. They are more hypocritical than any of the followers. That's why I say, you gots to read The Bible for YOU. Read yourself. Find meaning in it for YOUR self. Interrupt it for YOUR self.

Shitttt, ya'll can argue how hypocritical these people are, 'followers of God', I'm FUCKIN' WIT YOU. I'm wit you. Trust in that. People who go to Church. People who pray....for just themselves. All these people who claim to be 'believers' but who disobey all God's laws. I don't care how much you use the excuse of human nature. Ya know. I can understand that.

Yeah I do have my opinions about Atheists, obviously as a person who do believe in God. But I mean everybody has rights and are entitled to beliefs so I can't say much, really. I ain't one of those people to push anythang on anybody, I don't like them preachers and Bible quoters who go around lookin' dumb, talkin' dumb. You can be just as faithful by sittin' in your bedroom all alone, havin' a one on one.

From another view...I won't front, I go back and forth wit it all the time. Like for one whole week I'll be constantly praying and living by a verse or somethang and than the next week get real discouraged and forget about it, until maybe another week and get a change of hope again. Not that I'm becoming agnostic or nuthin' just becoming hopeless. But that's when you read it again. Inspiration.

Anyways, but yup, I'm one of them who reads The Bible and takes it seriously so...hey. There's my opinions in type.

If you're wondering why people don't believe in the bible. My thought process is this. man is infallible. We know this. Man has lied and made stuff up before, and done fucked up things. This goes on everywhere, no matter how holy a place claims to be. (the Catholic Church and the child molestations for example). Now you have to imagine that this kind of thing is worse the further back in history we go (though it may not seem like it at times, we are making progress as a society). Not to mention people were a lot more gullible back then (people believed in witchcraft not too long ago). If some guy wrote a book in today's society and said it was the word of god we would all laugh at him. In my mind there's a good reason to doubt its authenticity.

ikke

« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2009, 10:51:31 AM »
I don't agree with everything in the bible, but it teachers morals.
Morals are what differentiates us from animals

It also is something to hang on to in bad times, it's something that says, it's going to be okay.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2009, 10:54:10 AM by ikke »

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2009, 10:59:41 AM »
I don't agree with everything in the bible, but it teachers morals.
Morals are what differentiates us from animals

Somewhat. For one, there is no black and white when it comes to morals. One mans morals might be anothers evils and they could both be right. There are some people out there that are able to take the bible, or any other religious book, and simply use it to better themselves without all the other bullshit. But thats a rare individual. Most people feel they cannot question things in their bible without also questioning their god lol.  One could easily say the bible teaches people to judge, and even hate others who dont believe what you do.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"