Author Topic: Why do people follow the bible and take it seriously?  (Read 2305 times)

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

Re: Why do people follow the bible and take it seriously?
« Reply #45 on: July 22, 2009, 08:02:24 AM »
Uhh, if you wanna talk 'my religion', than death is accepted very much son. So what is you sayin'..

From songs to praised scriptures, death is fuckin' glorified. So us not 'accepting the inevitable' was a real dumb statement.

Just like 'you die and just die'. What the fuck? You die and that's it? LMAO. Right. What a way better belief. ::)

It's not a belief, son; it's TRUTH.  I "believe" in nothing; I accept fact and fact alone.  What is not empirically true does not interest me.

C-Blue is right.  Religious people ARE afraid of death, so they believe in God because they want to think that if they do all the right things (according to what some book says), then their death won't be for nothing.

I thought your dumbass was a Christian?
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

« Reply #46 on: July 22, 2009, 08:06:42 AM »
Just like 'you die and just die'. What the fuck? You die and that's it? LMAO. Right. What a way better belief. ::)

What makes that belief worse though man? Because its scary?  I tend to believe in what makes sense.  Youre a pretty smart dude man. Do you really think it makes sense that there is this heaven in the sky where all the "good people" (which really just means Christians, for example) go, and this hell where all the "bad people" go (which really means Non Christians)? 
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Jared Taylor

« Reply #47 on: July 22, 2009, 10:53:29 AM »

I thought your dumbass was a Christian?

I am.  I know that the Lord rewards white men for contributing to human progress, and damns niggers, spics, Arabs, chinks, and other undesirables to Hell for their failure to contribute to human progress.

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #48 on: July 22, 2009, 10:55:38 AM »

What makes that belief worse though man? Because its scary?  I tend to believe in what makes sense.  Youre a pretty smart dude man. Do you really think it makes sense that there is this heaven in the sky where all the "good people" (which really just means Christians, for example) go, and this hell where all the "bad people" go (which really means Non Christians)? 

Becuz this guy is talking about believing facts. There's no facts God fake. There's no facts that when you die, you just die. I think that is dumber than believing in God. Personally. :-\

I don't know what there is after death, but I do chose to believe there is life after death  and a Heaven. You cannot possibly die and that's it. We have souls. Them live on forever. Yeahhh, that's my belief talking.

I don't know what's scary though.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #49 on: July 22, 2009, 11:24:39 AM »

Becuz this guy is talking about believing facts. There's no facts God fake. There's no facts that when you die, you just die. I think that is dumber than believing in God. Personally. :-\

I don't know what there is after death, but I do chose to believe there is life after death  and a Heaven. You cannot possibly die and that's it. We have souls. Them live on forever. Yeahhh, that's my belief talking.

What do you mean by you cannot possibly die and that's it? All that means is your mind cannot accept the logical likely hood that your mind/identity will cease to exist after your body dies. People are probably terrified of the thought that you cease to exist after death. They feel like their entire lives will have been meaningless if they don't live on in some form. I know how this feels, because I have gone through it. But trust me, once you learn to accept death, life is actually a lot more enjoyable. You are born, you die. Whats important is what you do with the time in between and getting the best out of life.

« Reply #50 on: July 22, 2009, 11:26:29 AM »

I can respect that. It just seems like SUCH a far fetched story...Heaven, Hell, Invisible guy in the sky. I have a hard time believing IN it until there is proof.  You more then likely were raised under this belief, i wasnt. I wasnt raised not to believe in it either.  But from someone who hasnt been convinced of it yet, its similar to say, me telling you that when you die your sould turns into an invisible superhero armadillo.  You cant disprove it, I cant prove it. So you should believe its real because believing we just die is too crazy lol.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #51 on: July 22, 2009, 11:37:40 AM »

I can respect that. It just seems like SUCH a far fetched story...Heaven, Hell, Invisible guy in the sky. I have a hard time believing IN it until there is proof.  You more then likely were raised under this belief, i wasnt. I wasnt raised not to believe in it either.  But from someone who hasnt been convinced of it yet, its similar to say, me telling you that when you die your sould turns into an invisible superhero armadillo.  You cant disprove it, I cant prove it. So you should believe its real because believing we just die is too crazy lol.

you hit it right on the head. I'm not saying its not possible there's life after death. But its not the logical conclusion anyone would come to.

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #52 on: July 22, 2009, 11:46:55 AM »
^ Which is understandable if you wasn't born up around it. I guess.

What do you mean by you cannot possibly die and that's it? All that means is your mind cannot accept the logical likely hood that your mind/identity will cease to exist after your body dies. People are probably terrified of the thought that you cease to exist after death. They feel like their entire lives will have been meaningless if they don't live on in some form. I know how this feels, because I have gone through it. But trust me, once you learn to accept death, life is actually a lot more enjoyable. You are born, you die. Whats important is what you do with the time in between and getting the best out of life.
Exactly, you are born, you die. Your body is nothing. But your soul lives on. We can't just be made up of flesh and blood, there's somethang else that makes us up. I can't understand how you could think we die, and bam that's it. Like, it's funny to me, that Atheists say that shit, becuz that is NOT ANY more logical than us saying we are going to Heaven. You don't have any spirituality? Like, even a madd small amount of it? Ever thought about it?

I think there's alot on this Earth that science can't prove, that somethang much bigger deserves credit for.

« Reply #53 on: July 22, 2009, 01:17:52 PM »

Exactly, you are born, you die. Your body is nothing. But your soul lives on. We can't just be made up of flesh and blood, there's somethang else that makes us up. I can't understand how you could think we die, and bam that's it. Like, it's funny to me, that Atheists say that shit, becuz that is NOT ANY more logical than us saying we are going to Heaven. You don't have any spirituality? Like, even a madd small amount of it? Ever thought about it?

I think there's alot on this Earth that science can't prove, that somethang much bigger deserves credit for.

I believe when I die I will be reincarnated as Reagan Gomez-Prestons bicycle seat.  8)

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #54 on: July 22, 2009, 01:46:47 PM »

your soul is just another word for your identity. Your identity is merely your memories, stored in your brain. Your brain ceases to function, along with the rest of your body when you die.

Your identity lives on through the people who remember you and what you accomplished, but you yourself won't exist as an identity anymore. Your body will decay and go back into the earth, and become something else, but you as you know yourself will be gone. And yes, this is more logical than believing your identity will magically transfer out of your brain and fly into the sky into some magical place.

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #55 on: July 22, 2009, 02:15:51 PM »
^ Hmmm, well, I disagree.

Why would it come out your brain?

Out chur body you mean.

I believe when I die I will be reincarnated as Reagan Gomez-Prestons bicycle seat.  8)
LMAO

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #56 on: July 22, 2009, 03:18:36 PM »
^ Hmmm, well, I disagree.

Why would it come out your brain?

Out chur body you mean.

LMAO

what are you talking about? You brought up the idea of the soul. The word "soul" to me means your memories, your self identity and awareness (this is what most people think of as a soul). These are functions of your brain and your brain dies along with your physical body.

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #57 on: July 22, 2009, 06:36:12 PM »
Nevermind.

« Reply #58 on: July 22, 2009, 08:18:04 PM »
^^agree to disagree.

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #59 on: July 22, 2009, 09:13:51 PM »
Exactly :-\