Author Topic: Steve McNair found dead  (Read 280 times)

herpes

Re: Steve McNair found dead
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2009, 02:51:31 PM »

Sparegeez

« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2009, 02:57:27 PM »
Say no to OPP.. do you think that's how he got killed?

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2009, 03:37:18 PM »
Say no to OPP.. do you think that's how he got killed?

lol thats horrible man
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Sparegeez

« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2009, 03:42:45 PM »
Hey I'm shocked by this too but can we start having a real discussion about this instead of the same ol shit "rip steve" "he was my favorite" "that sucks"

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Mo Z. Dizzle, the CEO of WCC Wrestling League

The WCCWL is always looking for new members; take a chance at becoming a champ!! PM Mo Z. Dizzle if interested!!

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2009, 04:47:22 PM »
Hey I'm shocked by this too but can we start having a real discussion about this instead of the same ol shit "rip steve" "he was my favorite" "that sucks"

what else is there to say, it's not like he was a big deal like michael jackson, and it's not like he was a big breakthrough athlete like jackie robinson.

it does suck though if he was shot by his own wife....anyone got any confirmation on that.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2009, 04:54:51 PM »

You want to talk about how he died and shit, we'll have to wait to get more info.

Career wise he was solid. never a huge stats guy but he had a great touch and strong legs. Never had over 3500 yards or over 25 TDs, but he was always on teams that were defense and run first and he got the job he needed to get done. That one MVP year he only had 7 INTs. That might be a record.

Lunatic

« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2009, 05:38:23 PM »
Wow. As a relatively young but hardcore Titans fan, I began watching football when Steve McNair was our QB, and he is actually my favorite player of all time. This really ruined my fuckin day. I still can't believe it :'(  I have a McNair Titans jersey and even more cherished, a Titans helmet which is autographed by him.

Such an under rated QB it's unbelievable. As someone said he never put up the big numbers, but Tennessee has always been run first and defensive type of team. He did win MVP one year and was such a reliable QB. His toughness was unreal. The guy was so banged up that he would be unable to practice, but play on Sunday and get the job done.

Matter of fact in 2002, he went a 5 game stretch without ever practicing, and guess what? he won all 5 games on Sunday.

Here are some notable quotes:

"We are saddened and shocked to hear the news of Steve McNair's passing today," Titans owner Bud Adams said in a statement. "He was one of the finest players to play for our organization and one of the most beloved players by our fans. He played with unquestioned heart and leadership and led us to places that we had never reached, including our only Super Bowl."

"If you were going to draw a football player, the physical part, the mental part, everything about being a professional, he is your guy," former Ravens and Titans teammate Samari Rolle said. "I can't even wrap my arms around it. It is a sad, sad day. The world lost a great man today."

"On the field, there isn't player that was as tough as him, especially at the quarterback position," the Ravens' Derrick Mason said. "What I have seen him play through on the field, and what he dealt with during the week to get ready for a game, I have never known a better teammate."

."I am deeply saddened to learn of today's tragic news regarding the death of Steve McNair. He was a player who I admired a great deal," said New England Patriots senior football adviser Floyd Reese, who was GM of the Titans when McNair played for them. "He was a tremendous leader and an absolute warrior. He felt like it was his responsibility to lead by working hard every day, no matter what."

"This is so, so sad. We immediately think of his family, his boys. They are all in our thoughts and prayers," he said "What we admired most about Steve when we played against him was his competitive spirit, and we were lucky enough to have that with us for two years. He is one of the best players in the NFL over the last 20 years."
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

CoreG37

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2009, 09:59:05 PM »
I wouldnt say he was underrated but he was solid a Shallow said.  The guy wouldn't have made the hall of fame but I must admit he was one of my favorite players.  He prety much just got the job done however he needed to.  He could scramble but wasn't as fast as Michal Vick.  He could throw but didn't have the arm of McNabb either but he did what he got paid to do.  Most guys will admit they liked him most for the way he played and as tough

RIP to the gritty winner

thisoneguy360

« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2009, 12:46:07 PM »
Even though this would have been a tragedy had it happened to anyone, when I saw the headline "former titans star shot" I found myself saying please not Steve Mcnair. Dude was always one of my favorites, hard worker and a great guy..RIP