Author Topic: Wallace agrees to deal with Celtics  (Read 396 times)

'EclipZe

Wallace agrees to deal with Celtics
« on: July 05, 2009, 09:48:28 PM »
Reports: Wallace agrees to deal with Celtics

Posted Jul 5 2009 11:15PM

Two newspapers are reporting the Celtics have reached an agreement with free agent Rasheed Wallace.

Bill Strickland, Wallace's agent, told the Boston Herald and the Boston Globe on Sunday night that the 34-year-old forward told him to call off meetings the agent was in the process of scheduling with the Orlando Magic, San Antonio Spurs and Dallas Mavericks.

Wallace played the last six seasons with the Detroit Pistons, where he won an NBA championship in 2004. He heads to a Celtics team loaded with veterans such as Kevin Garnett, Ray Allen and Paul Pierce, and hoping to make at least one more title run.

Wallace has averaged 15 points and 6.9 rebounds in 14 NBA seasons. He averaged 12 points and 7.4 rebounds last season.

http://www.nba.com/2009/news/07/05/celtics.wallace.ap/index.html

Rick McCrank

Rasheed Wallace agrees to deal with Boston Celtics
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2009, 02:21:51 AM »
Rasheed Wallace has reportedly agreed to a 2-year deal for the MLE with the Boston Celtics

this year should be fun...

OG Hack Wilson

Re: Rasheed Wallace agrees to deal with Boston Celtics
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2009, 05:31:37 AM »
best move of the off season
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Re: Rasheed Wallace agrees to deal with Boston Celtics
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2009, 09:33:33 AM »
it's on now. :P

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: Wallace agrees to deal with Celtics
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2009, 08:15:45 PM »
no surprise, this helps Boston, but they're still aging veterans...

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2009, 08:16:44 PM »
it's a 2 year deal - PERFECT time frame

Allen is a FA next year, PP the year next and KG the year after
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2009, 08:49:35 PM »
if they stay healthy, i say they make the Finals both years.

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2009, 11:53:48 PM »
so the celtics are going to let go of Powe and Baby & bring in Washed up Wallace?  :laugh:......Danny Ainge sucks, Celtics keep getting worst and worst 8)

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2009, 03:06:18 AM »
so the celtics are going to let go of Powe and Baby & bring in Washed up Wallace?  :laugh:......Danny Ainge sucks, Celtics keep getting worst and worst 8)

Are they really getting rid of those 2 or are you just talking shit? If it's true that they get rid of both for nothing, then that's dumb.. Sheed's way better than them, though
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2009, 04:57:28 AM »
i heard baby could sign with the spurs....

and powe.....

Leon Powe will be testing the free agent market.

Powe, who tore a knee ligament in the first round of the playoffs, is not expected to play until February.

“They didn’t feel like waiting on me, and they decided not to pick up my option,’’ Powe said in a telephone interview from California. “I was planning on coming back, but I was told otherwise. So, I called my agent and we’re going to find another team.’’

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2009, 04:42:50 PM »

rasheed > powe OR big baby

trust me man, big baby is fools gold...he had some good preformances for sho but he's nothing more than a bench player

Sheed on the other hand, will be motivated, can stretch the court and is historically a GREAT matchup on Howard and Duncan which will help us out in the playoffs

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2009, 01:39:30 PM »
I think the combination of Powe & Big Baby is better for Boston than just Sheed

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2009, 01:47:40 PM »
i heard baby could sign with the spurs....

and powe.....

Leon Powe will be testing the free agent market.

Powe, who tore a knee ligament in the first round of the playoffs, is not expected to play until February.

“They didn’t feel like waiting on me, and they decided not to pick up my option,’’ Powe said in a telephone interview from California. “I was planning on coming back, but I was told otherwise. So, I called my agent and we’re going to find another team.’’

I doubt Big Baby ends up on the Spurs with them using their MLE on McDyess.  Maybe on the Magic?
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"