Author Topic: When I was getting into rap...part I  (Read 448 times)

Invincible

Re: When I was getting into rap...part I
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2009, 09:07:41 AM »
I'm not gonna lie, it was the Marshall Mathers album that got into rap proper. But it was a few years earlier when I realised I didn't like any music at all, then one day I heard California Love. That was the song for me that got me into hiphop.

MediumL

« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2009, 09:12:14 AM »
bulgaria damn-your country sounds like an std

met one girl from there and she was  8) 8) 8)
haha yeah, we got some fine ass women around here  8)

Infinite, that quote is from "Deja Vu" which is one of my favorite Nas tracks ever.Song is purely amazing and it's a shame we will probably never hear it in CDQ.As far as I know it was cut from Illmatic due to sample clearance

The definitive moment I got into hip-hop tho was Busta's "Gimmie Some More" vid lol.I was 8 back then, shit was just out, back then I didn't speak english, obviously, didn;t understand a thing of the song, but I loved the vid for some reason and the beat gave me chills lol

that vid gave me nightmares.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454</a>

ToOoOoN!!!

« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2009, 09:14:05 AM »
it was run-dmc back in the day (christmas 1987 to be precise) and then it was ice-t,beastie boys,naughty by nature,de la soul,heavy d and the boys and the rest is history lol

eazye

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • shorty_tha_pimp a.k.a. extra.P
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2009, 09:16:51 AM »
I'm not gonna lie, it was the Marshall Mathers album that got into rap proper. But it was a few years earlier when I realised I didn't like any music at all, then one day I heard California Love. That was the song for me that got me into hiphop.
damn, yeah, California Love is up there with Gimmie Some More as the two joints that did it for me (and Coolio's Gangsta's Paradise :D )

Medium, vid gave me nightmares too lol

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8</a>

YSH

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • hi
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2009, 07:35:39 PM »
lol I got in to hip hop when D12 released their 1st album.... that purple hills song and m/v was fuckn crazy !!!

than I started listenin to em... dre...snoop... i realized that i like west coast sound better so.. i started collectin Cds that is related to west coast G funk sound... now i hav bout 1500 CDS... .strictly west coast. .lol

ikke

« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2009, 08:01:33 AM »
lol I got in to hip hop when D12 released their 1st album.... that purple hills song and m/v was fuckn crazy !!!

than I started listenin to em... dre...snoop... i realized that i like west coast sound better so.. i started collectin Cds that is related to west coast G funk sound... now i hav bout 1500 CDS... .strictly west coast. .lol
damn 1500....
I have 25, and like 500 on my computer

2euce 7even

« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2009, 01:04:33 PM »
yall some nu katz!!

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2009, 02:40:02 PM »
I got into rap when BOyz N da Hood came out

Okka

« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2009, 03:21:26 PM »
I started listening to rap music in 1999, the first album i got was Cypress Hill's "Black Sunday" that i actually stole from my uncle :D

YSH

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • hi
« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2009, 01:40:02 AM »
I started listening to rap music in 1999, the first album i got was Cypress Hill's "Black Sunday" that i actually stole from my uncle :D

lol i stole 8mile from my neighbour