Author Topic: XXcLusive: Snoop Dogg using ghostwriters for Malice In Wonderland  (Read 1199 times)

pootypooty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
http://www.xxlmag.com/online/?p=51989

No one can say Snoop Dogg isn’t honest. XXLMag.com caught up with the West Coast legend to speak about his upcoming album, Malice in Wonderland, and the Doggfather revealed that like his last album he will be recruiting the writing talents of other MCs for the project.

When asked if he will be digging into his rhyme books this go-round, Snoop told XXL that instead he will be the mouthpiece for other rappers’ words. “I got a couple of my little homies that’s putting the pen to the paper,” he shared. “I be letting my homies get on by writing and expressing they thoughts through me. I be letting them have opportunities to be a star through me.”

Although it presently doesn’t have a release date, Snoop says he is about “50 to 70 percent done” with the disc. “I’m trying to finish this tour up and then get back home, do a few things to tighten it up,” he said.

The album, which Snoop describes as a “feel good record,” will be released by MTV. As far as the music, the Long Beach rep says “It feels good, back to the basics. I mean, I don’t do all that hyping, that ain’t my thing. I just go to the lab, drop a single and then drop another single, then drop the album. If you fucking with it, you get it. if you ain’t, you ain’t.”

So far Malice in Wonderland features production by Ty Fyffe, Scoop Deville and Drumma Boy.—Eli Mancini with reporting by Clover Hope

Bch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • NoSuchThing as Failures Only QuittRs & BullshittRs
Re: XXcLusive: Snoop Dogg using ghostwriters for Malice In Wonderland
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2009, 01:25:56 PM »
this aint nothin new under the son, he been using ghost writers...

just like game uses em too... when you got a "brand" ppl gonna write for you, and yo lable gonna put pressure also on u to let other ppl write yo shit and how to sound like

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2009, 01:27:58 PM »
should be another dope album
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

teletomble

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2009, 01:28:21 PM »
this aint nothin new under the son, he been using ghost writers...

just like game uses em too... when you got a "brand" ppl gonna write for you, and yo lable gonna put pressure also on u to let other ppl write yo shit and how to sound like

Game Uses Ghost Writers?

Bch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2009, 01:30:28 PM »
uhhh yea.. go check out that Fat joe lil wayne and game - u aint sayin nothin remix

oh and way way before that... on the documentary go listen to those records we all know that sound like 50 cent

this shits a business homie.. open your eyes :)

Okka

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2009, 01:34:09 PM »
I thought Dr. Dre was producin' on this record?

snopafly

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2009, 01:50:39 PM »
Well he is honost i admit that, but i am afraid its gonna be another average album. First single something very different and the other singles that dont catch the audiance. I am pretty sure his album is gonna be very mainstream becouse off mtv. Its cool he wants to be different and that he mix alot off music styles on his albums, but he should not do everything so complicated. He should stay true to his original westcoast music, instead off all these sidesteps...

But anyway its his 10th album so i realy hope its gonna be realy good and not to special.

thisoneguy360

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2009, 01:54:19 PM »
Snoop? Ghostwriters? NO!

al3000

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2009, 01:54:25 PM »
uhhh yea.. go check out that Fat joe lil wayne and game - u aint sayin nothin remix

oh and way way before that... on the documentary go listen to those records we all know that sound like 50 cent

this shits a business homie.. open your eyes :)

Thats bullshit......Snoop has always used Ghost writers...the only thing 50 helped game with was writing the hooks for the song.....get yo facts straight....even 50 has stated that before.

Okka

« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2009, 02:06:07 PM »
the only thing 50 helped game with was writing the hooks for the song. get yo facts straight. even 50 has stated that before.

Actually 50 Cent has said that he wrote whole songs for The Game, if i remember right.

Bch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2009, 02:08:27 PM »
^^ correct. AND THAT IS ALSO " GHOST WRITING ".. plus the chorus is really what makes GAME anyways. you pay more for a hook , than someone to write your 16 bars.

oak20land510-415

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2009, 02:47:33 PM »
If Snoop ain't gonna write his own flows he ain't tha King Of The West in my opinon it would make sense 2 use tha same ghost writers who did Doggy Style. I never heard of Game not writin his own shit even thou 5-0 said it we all know he's hatin 300 bars is proof. with all this talk bout niggaz dat suppose 2 be tha faces of the WEST not writin they own shit is why i'm glad I fuck wit niggaz Like

Yukmouth
Tha Jacka
Husalah
Planet Asia
Ya Boy (Not Tha Rockstar)
Gangsta Dresta
Richie Rich
Nipsey Hussle
Jay Rock
WC
Crooked I

Jaydc555

« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2009, 03:04:10 PM »
Should be another mediocre album

Sickaluffa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • my bitch drives what u drive and she got new tits
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2009, 03:19:10 PM »
thought this shit was gunna be a dark cd  ::)

Jaydc555

« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2009, 03:25:05 PM »
A dark album on MTV?hahahahahahaha!He's probably going to have a song with Spencer Pratt on the album