Author Topic: anybody got source of ghostwriter for Doggystyle?  (Read 2354 times)

Jaydc555

Re: anybody got source of ghostwriter for Doggystyle?
« Reply #30 on: July 18, 2009, 03:09:32 PM »
Or its because its a question that can never be answered because nobody was there.Get over it you groupies.MOVE ON!

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #31 on: July 18, 2009, 08:20:39 PM »
death row's greatest hits confirms

-Slick rick aka ricky walters gets credit for Lodi Dodi  (duh...we heard it in 1984 lol)

-Snoop is credited for writing The Shiznit, Gin and Juice, Ain't No Fun, Doggy Dogg World and What's My Name

and Dre credited for each beat

leaving us without having credits for

"g funk intro"
"serial killa"  (notice how the back of the CD says it features DOC...hmm)
"for all my niggaz..."
"g'z and hustlaz"
"pump pump"

Dude, you mentioned "Lodi Dodi" like 3 times...we know Snoop didn't write that, it was a remake! And DOC was on "Serial Killa", who do you think the raspy voiced dude was that was saying "Seriaaaal Killaaaa" was?

did you know Lodi Dodi was a slick rick cover??  ???
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #32 on: July 18, 2009, 08:22:05 PM »
http://www.omnipelagos.com/entry?n=doggystyle

http://en.allexperts.com/e/d/do/doggystyle.htm

"DOC: Ghost-writer of raps; preformer"

gangstaboogy, wanna explain that since you know everything apparently
« Last Edit: July 18, 2009, 08:27:39 PM by HACK WILSON »
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #33 on: July 18, 2009, 08:28:22 PM »
Or its because its a question that can never be answered because nobody was there.Get over it you groupies.MOVE ON!
THEN GET OUT OF THE THREAD LMAO

Jaydc555

« Reply #34 on: July 18, 2009, 08:41:59 PM »
Go smoke some crack and memorize production credits hack

Jimmy H.

« Reply #35 on: July 18, 2009, 10:25:37 PM »
Wouldn't smoking the crack be counter-productive to the memorizing thing?

acgrundy

« Reply #36 on: July 18, 2009, 11:20:58 PM »
gz and hustlers is a freestyle, no writers, same with shiznit

like the one dude mentioned its not like this is some crazy lyrical album...it was snoops voice and flow and beats that made this the amazing album it was.  the lyrics throughout the album are pretty simple

Deep Cover

• Lil Geezy
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #37 on: July 19, 2009, 05:18:58 AM »

For all the haters who want to take out Snoop's credit from that album, go read some real sources... For example: Tha Formula's long ass quality interview with the man himself: The D.O.C.! He gave a lot of inside info on Doggystyle.
Link: http://www.thaformula.com/doc_ruthless_to_death_row_thaformula_music.html

Of course Snoop of now is NOWHERE near the Snoop of that time. He could, but he's not that hungry anymore, which for us fans is a shame. But the little kid's of today, don't really know what hiphop is all about. Face it guy's: It would be a disgrace comparing Snoop of 1992-1995 with your hero's of today. Snoop at that time was on top of the world! He would outfreestyle your favorite group's best written song. Even if that song is full of all kinds of multis/quadruples/metaphors. Snoop's MC skills, flow and charisma would fuck your favourite song up.

What people forget nowadays, is that when I hear a song for the first time, I don't wanna analyse the song to find out if I like it. "O yeah, he said this or he said that. Well the beat is not all that, and the flow is not all this, but the rhymes are wowww" Fuck that shit! I just wanna hear it, and be shocked and awed by the first sound wave that hits my ear drums. It's all about the combination of all aspects! I greatly respect and enjoy a crazy lyrical song, but only when the whole combination is great. The song should be constructed as a whole song, and not some beat and a guy who's rapping over it. The beat should create the flow, the flow should create the lyrics, and the flow combined with the lyrics should enlighten the beat.

And people who don't know what I'm talking about, your just to young to know the difference. You wasn't their when Snoop for example was at his best.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #38 on: July 19, 2009, 05:20:50 AM »
Wouldn't smoking the crack be counter-productive to the memorizing thing?

LMAO +1  that guy is a jackass

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #39 on: July 19, 2009, 05:23:03 AM »

For all the haters who want to take out Snoop's credit from that album, go read some real sources... For example: Tha Formula's long ass quality interview with the man himself: The D.O.C.! He gave a lot of inside info on Doggystyle.

Of course Snoop of now is NOWHERE near the Snoop of that time. He could, but he's not that hungry anymore, which for us fans is a shame. But the little kid's of today, don't really know what hiphop is all about. Face it guy's: It would be a disgrace comparing Snoop of 1992-1995 with your hero's of today. Snoop at that time was on top of the world! He would outfreestyle your favorite group's best written song. Even if that song is full of all kinds of multis/quadruples/metaphors. Snoop's MC skills, flow and charisma would fuck your favourite song up.

What people forget nowadays, is that when I hear a song for the first time, I don't wanna analyse the song to find out if I like it. "O yeah, he said this or he said that. Well the beat is not all that, and the flow is not all this, but the rhymes are wowww" Fuck that shit! I just wanna hear it, and be shocked and awed by the first sound wave that hits my ear drums. It's all about the combination of all aspects! I greatly respect and enjoy a crazy lyrical song, but only when the whole combination is great. The song should be constructed as a whole song, and not some beat and a guy who's rapping over it. The beat should create the flow, the flow should create the lyrics, and the flow combined with the lyrics should enlighten the beat.

And people who don't know what I'm talking about, your just to young to know the difference. You wasn't their when Snoop for example was at his best.

so your saying Snoop could out-freestyle Nas or Biggie or Wu?  other big artists at the time

JD Bastin

« Reply #40 on: July 19, 2009, 06:13:23 AM »
so basicaly snoop wrote some and DOC wrote some for him

but we wont ever know who wrote what unless they tell us in a interview

right?????

Deep Cover

• Lil Geezy
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #41 on: July 19, 2009, 07:25:01 AM »

so your saying Snoop could out-freestyle Nas or Biggie or Wu?  other big artists at the time

First of all, I was talking about your favorite group as in Slaughterhouse and all its members.
And second, the names your mentioned are other nice examples of people who where untouchable MC's in their primes, although I prefer Nas and Wu in their prime more than Biggie. Snoop easily could out-freestyle their freestyling skills all combined (yes you heard it, if you don't know, go teach yourself). But their best album songs (Nas, Wu and others) are arguably on the same level, depending on your mood. For chilling, cruising through the sun, smoking, clubbing, nothing beats Snoop's songs from that time (of course I'm only talking about hiphop now). For other moods, other artist's songs are more suitable to listen to. The only difference between their best albums is that when I play Doggystyle, I just press play and nothin else, while with the other albums of the guys you mentioned, I skip some tracks, depending on the mood. But that's based on everyone's own experience of course.

On snoop's MC-ing skills: go listen to Tha Shiznit and Gz and hustlas, and try to realize that he's actually freestyling. Tha Shiznit is rapping about nothing, but the way he flows through that song, and the way he gets more and more wilder and crazier throughout the song till the grand finale: the third verse.. That is PURE HipHop

The only thing I'm trying to say is that you CANNOT deny Snoop's genius in his prime. If you do that, you simply don't know, and I cannot take you serious..

JD Bastin

« Reply #42 on: July 19, 2009, 09:32:18 AM »

The only thing I'm trying to say is that you CANNOT deny Snoop's genius in his prime. If you do that, you simply don't know, and I cannot take you serious..

2-this is one of the top 5 albums ever made, lets not just act like its some random wackass mixtape featuring Will Smiff Dogg and Spider Locc

i dunn think he was

Efrain

« Reply #43 on: July 19, 2009, 01:28:16 PM »
There is a Dr. Dre produced version of "What Would U Do" on the Natural Born Killers soundtrack. The original version was produced by Daz.

Not produced by Dre. He's credited with mixing that version, Daz is still the producer credited on the NBK soundtrack.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #44 on: July 19, 2009, 01:53:26 PM »
Deep Cover

give me one example of a great Snoop freestyle...and please don't use the one over the "Bitches aint shit" beat because that was a terrible example of "freestyling"

Snoop was great with his flow and rapping...but off the head?? no.