Author Topic: ROCK THE BELLS 2009 THREAD  (Read 99 times)

blunts40sbitches

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • The Realness
ROCK THE BELLS 2009 THREAD
« on: July 20, 2009, 02:55:25 PM »
So.....I was at the Rock the Bells show at Jones Beach in NY yesterday, and I gotta say.......NAS AND DAMIAN TORE THAT SHIT UP!!!

Highlights of the show:

Nas bringing out AZ for Life's a Bitch, Affirmative Action, Phone Tap
Nas bringing out Jada and D Block (Made You Look Remix, Kiss Your Ass Goodbye, We Gon Make It, I Get High, 2 Guns Up)
Nas and Damian performing cuts from Distant Relatives
Damian's whole performance
Method Man showing up on Raekwon's set
Havoc showing up on Rae's set, performing Shook Ones
Supernatural's Freestyle
Common performing classic hip hop hits w/ his band, including Nothin But a G Thang
Ice T showing up with Coco, with half her tits popping out
Gettin autographs from Slaughterhouse (except from Royce, cuz they kicked me out of the line for not having VIP pass, cant complain)

Downs of the show:

Talib not showing up for his set (which Im real pissed about, made us wait 2 hours for nothing)
Having Slaughterhouse and The Roots perform simultaneously in 2 different sets (making me choose between the 2)
The Roots' short ass set
AZ and Sheek Louch's mics blowing out
Long ass waits in between sets (like what the fuck, you couldnt get the other artists from the other stage to perform on the main stage between those waits?)
Expensive ass food and drinks (8 bucks for a cheeseburger? 7.50 for a fuckin Sprite?? you gotta shittin me)

All in all, it was a sick ass show. The waits in between sets were somewhat ridiculous, cuz we would get all pumped up for an hour, then get all bored the next hour, but what really made up for it all was Nas and Damian. They straight up tore the walls down that motherfucker, especially Damian, who had crazy flow and energy, and Nas performed all the classics, and brought out D Block, who also tore it down with classics.......

Who else has gone yet? or is planning on going to one? I highly recommend it yall, its worth the money

Jaydc555

Re: ROCK THE BELLS 2009 THREAD
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2009, 02:57:36 PM »
Their already is a rock the bells thread

blunts40sbitches

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • The Realness
Re: ROCK THE BELLS 2009 THREAD
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2009, 02:59:30 PM »
Oh, and I wasnt lucky enough to witness this....but supposedly this happened

8)

peace yall......