Author Topic: Kanye West - HEY MAMA remembrance  (Read 338 times)

mistershow

• Lil Geezy
Kanye West - HEY MAMA remembrance
« on: July 15, 2009, 09:33:24 AM »
I just watched the Hey Mama performance Kanye did at the awards following his mom's death.. literally I get choked up every time I see it.. you can just tell how heartfelt it was when he sang that song.. and the violins in the back.. whoooa.  I know its been a minute, but I just wanna know everyone's thoughts on this after close to two years has passed!  Doesn't seem like that long.

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
Re: Kanye West - HEY MAMA remembrance
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2009, 10:02:11 AM »
Time fly's by..
One of his best song's, Imagine it must have been hard pulling that song off.
(Considering the situation)

He pulled it out.

Booz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ookkonää Oulusta, pelekääkkö nää polliisia?
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2009, 10:08:27 AM »
What the fuck, 2 years? Damn, time passes by.

thisoneguy360

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2009, 11:12:23 AM »
What the fuck, 2 years? Damn, time passes by.

JohnnyL

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2009, 09:48:03 AM »
 Great Kanye performance.  Very stirring.  I remember finding a studio version of Grammy rendition of "Hey Mama," on some message board, around the time he performed it at the Grammys.   It has since become my favorite version of that song.

AnybodyKilla

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2009, 11:43:12 AM »

mistershow

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2009, 10:35:41 AM »
Great Kanye performance.  Very stirring.  I remember finding a studio version of Grammy rendition of "Hey Mama," on some message board, around the time he performed it at the Grammys.   It has since become my favorite version of that song.

Yo that's my favorite version, by far.  Any chance you have or remember where to get that studio version?  I've always wanted one, just to have, although the emotion you hear in his voice during the live performance was insane. 

Does anyone know if he performed Hey Mama at the concert in Chicago in June?  (I think it was at Chicago Theatre or something like that... supposed to be on TV this summer, too)

JohnnyL

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2009, 12:37:23 PM »

Yo that's my favorite version, by far.  Any chance you have or remember where to get that studio version?  I've always wanted one, just to have, although the emotion you hear in his voice during the live performance was insane. 

Does anyone know if he performed Hey Mama at the concert in Chicago in June?  (I think it was at Chicago Theatre or something like that... supposed to be on TV this summer, too)

Here you go.  I'll keep it up on here for a little while.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=NH02I4PC

mistershow

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2009, 02:23:26 PM »

I appreciate it man, that's just what I been looking for..

lazy_sunday

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2009, 02:27:54 PM »

I remember when I saw that for the first time on the awards.  Had me shook.  Thanks for the file homie.  Here's Kanye talking about his mom and the charity/concert. Kanye seems back down to earth, like maybe the thinking about his mom and all that is leveling him out a bit.

Jaydc555

« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2009, 04:35:45 PM »
That was an amazing performance.I can't wait for the next hip hop kanye album

mistershow

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2009, 08:56:20 AM »

i can't wait for this show now!  Saturday at 8pm on Fuse, its gonna be sick... I've talked to two people that were there in Chicago and said it was one of the best shows they've seen in a while.  He musta laid it on the line for this charity benefit stuff, so I'll be checkin it out!

mistershow

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2009, 10:53:03 AM »

i can't wait for this show now!  Saturday at 8pm on Fuse, its gonna be sick... I've talked to two people that were there in Chicago and said it was one of the best shows they've seen in a while.  He musta laid it on the line for this charity benefit stuff, so I'll be checkin it out!

Yo I totally forgot about it.. anyone see it?  Or know if it's gonna be replayed?