Author Topic: Crooked I Untouchable Era  (Read 1292 times)

DTG Entertainment

Re: Crooked I Untouchable Era
« Reply #45 on: August 22, 2009, 07:10:31 AM »
Also, Legendz - how much did you pay for the tracks Skanless jacked from Johnny J and the Crooked I stuff? That must have ran you a heavy toll.

i payed a nice price for them....back then

Excellent. Lol. It's crazy how he got his hands on all that stuff, eh? It's funny about the This Ain't Living fiasco as well. Lol.

Ridah662

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #46 on: August 22, 2009, 07:13:53 AM »
Also, Legendz - how much did you pay for the tracks Skanless jacked from Johnny J and the Crooked I stuff? That must have ran you a heavy toll.

Excellent. Lol. It's crazy how he got his hands on all that stuff, eh? It's funny about the This Ain't Living fiasco as well. Lol.

hey thats all him, i just wanted the music so i bought it when i had the money avail.............

DTG Entertainment

« Reply #47 on: August 22, 2009, 07:17:54 AM »

hey thats all him, i just wanted the music so i bought it when i had the money avail.............

Yeah, good investment on your end man. I got to give you your props on that one.

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #48 on: August 22, 2009, 07:20:16 AM »
Crooked I's 2002-2003 is so much better.
yep
the untouchable tracks sounds like some underground shit...way too raw
and daz is not crooked i....RAW would have never sounded like it did without daz...daz got a certain style that we all like
for example ..dollars n my hand is a ok song but it sounds too underground and weird at the same time

Mietek23

« Reply #49 on: August 22, 2009, 08:04:25 AM »

What kind of Johnny 'J' tracks you have? Could you drop some tittles?

DTG Entertainment

« Reply #50 on: August 22, 2009, 08:07:29 AM »

What kind of Johnny 'J' tracks you have? Could you drop some tittles?

It's all 2Pac stuff. :-P

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #51 on: August 22, 2009, 10:47:24 AM »
yep
and daz is not crooked i....RAW would have never sounded like it did without daz...daz got a certain style that we all like
for example ..dollars n my hand is a ok song but it sounds too underground and weird at the same time

dollars in my hand is a classic
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

EFFeX

« Reply #52 on: August 22, 2009, 10:49:38 AM »
yep

dollars in my hand is a classic

Agreed.

conor48

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Creeping On Ah Come Up..
« Reply #53 on: August 22, 2009, 12:42:28 PM »
raw dawgs was the track that i wanted to hear..think from the tracks that leaked from SHTTBG it was too commercial and guest orientated-for some reason i've always thought untouchable was more a solo album than a crooked i feat the row album

KingNicholas

• 'G'
« Reply #54 on: August 23, 2009, 09:27:39 PM »
How come Daz hasn't released his version of the album actually?

EFFeX

« Reply #55 on: August 23, 2009, 09:45:26 PM »
How come Daz hasn't released his version of the album actually?

His plan was to release it after Say Hi To The Bad Guy dropped to steal some of Death Row's shine as well as capitalize off the name. I don't think he really has any interest in releasing those tracks anymore otherwise we probably would have heard it by now.

V2DHeart

« Reply #56 on: August 24, 2009, 07:56:30 AM »
I'd rather hear his "Untouchable" project, and his "Say Hi To The Bad Guy" collections, other than his current B.O.S.S./COB material, because the Death Row tracks (and to a lesser extend - the Big C Style stuff) was what drawn me to him originally. His main appeal was his unique Raw, fast, versatile, lyrical ability. He rapped with a kind of off-par Jamaican twang with such strong metaphors, and came from the West. Death Row, my favourite label, had what appeared to be it's most talented lyricist ever repping Tha Row, and The West, and his music got me hyped for his upcoming projects. The Cold 187um underground hits, and even The Darren Vegas/Crook mixtape made his projects wanted highly.

As much as he still has talent, the vast amount of mixtape releases, with boring southern club sounding garbage beats, with him shouting out C.O.B., Clubs, Young Boss, Rims, Costing, Bosses etc. had put me off even bothering with his current stuff to be honest. Don't get me wrong, he still has huge talent on the MIC, and can spit raw fire, but musically - and what counts for 20% of me buying a CD, sucks at the moment, and I just prefer the chemistry and energy that hot beats from a good producer, and raw lyrics creates
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU</a>