Author Topic: dre beats of the last 5 years worthy of being on detox?  (Read 1175 times)

Matty

Re: dre beats of the last 5 years worthy of being on detox?
« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2009, 07:06:02 PM »
i don't think that was kobe doing nate dogg's part, i think it was kobe doing kobe's part. it seems doubtful that there will be any 'new' nate dogg for detox :'(

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #31 on: July 26, 2009, 08:54:18 PM »
i think ti even references nate dogg on the track...i might be mistaken but that part sounds like it was written for nate...im saying maybe this was before things took a turn for the worse..

Im not familiar enough with kobes sound to know if thats his usual tone.

Matty

« Reply #32 on: July 26, 2009, 10:00:38 PM »
he references nate dogg? i'll have to listen again, was my least favourite out of the 'detox' leaks. sounded like a very standard khalil kinda track.

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #33 on: July 26, 2009, 11:04:34 PM »
i thought that was the highlight of the ep.

Az

• Lil Geezy
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2009, 02:57:57 AM »
Underground  :o (Best Beat Dre's made in years...EPIC, next level sound)
Bagpipes from bahgdad  8)
3AM
Lost One
Don't Get Carried Away
How we Do
Shit Popped Off

Everything else released I've heard has been meh/sounded like 2001 leftovers...

DblPen

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #35 on: July 27, 2009, 03:24:25 AM »
Ya'll sleepin' on Higher and It Could've Been You...

Gamestarr

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • P
« Reply #36 on: July 27, 2009, 04:24:20 AM »
Outta Control Remix of course..

and Westside Story is fuckin amazing too! I would love to see Hittman, Xzibit or somebody like them just do bars on that track.. It should be on detox with somebody rippin it from beginnin to end without a hook.. it is that type of beat..

and Bagpipes From Baghdad is detox material.. amazing.. and EM didnt do it justice..

Now what else.. Hmm.. Get You Some obviously.. bangin shit..

How We Do & Higher too..

Prof@ssor

« Reply #37 on: July 27, 2009, 05:47:56 AM »
I guess I'm the only 1 who wasn't all that impressed by the Outta Control Remix.  That beat gets kinda boring after a while.  And Murder Them Murderers was wack and so was Imagine.  Alot of Dre's shit has been average.  The only tracks I think/know that were Detox worthy was "It Could've Been You", "Round Here" w/ better mixing, "Minority Report" (even tho it's missing a few extra chords/instruments), "Beach Chair", "Runnin", "Shit Popped Off" and maybe a few beats off Relapse.  I gotta keep it 100.

where are Round Here and Runnin from?

Matty

« Reply #38 on: July 27, 2009, 07:10:44 AM »
'round here' is snoops off the BCT...really mean beat but a good sub is essential. didn't really rumble in my home system but was insane in the car. i assume 'runnin' is the hi-tek joint off the documentary.

teecee

« Reply #39 on: July 27, 2009, 09:02:31 AM »
Higher
How We Do
Start From Scratch
Get Me Some
Imagine
Lost Ones
Beach Chair
Same Song and Dance
Crack a Bottle (hate the song, esp. chorus, but the beat is nice)

To me, all of the above would be good for Detox as far as production goes.

Peeps have built this shit up way too much.  2001 is one of my favourite albums ever, but not every beat on there was classic or next level shit.

Next Episode, What's the Difference, and definitely STILL DRE (got chills when I first heard that shit).  Other than that, the beats ranged from decent (Murder Inc, Light Speed, Ackrite) to great (Forgot about Dre, Fuck You) but most of the album was NOT on some next level shit.  THe album was sequenced very nicely and the songs were great songs aside from a few.

What Dre really needs is THREE AMAZING beats/songs.  The rest will fall into place.....it remains to be seen if he still has a StILL DRE in him though..

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #40 on: July 27, 2009, 01:45:58 PM »
'round here' is snoops off the BCT...really mean beat but a good sub is essential. didn't really rumble in my home system but was insane in the car. i assume 'runnin' is the hi-tek joint off the documentary.

Round here is just a resample of Stan. It would suck if that were on Detox, due to the fact that he's already used it. It'd be like him reusing a beat off of 2001.

Prof@ssor

« Reply #41 on: July 27, 2009, 08:13:39 PM »
Higher
How We Do
Start From Scratch
Get Me Some
Imagine
Lost Ones
Beach Chair
Same Song and Dance
Crack a Bottle (hate the song, esp. chorus, but the beat is nice)

To me, all of the above would be good for Detox as far as production goes.

Peeps have built this shit up way too much.  2001 is one of my favourite albums ever, but not every beat on there was classic or next level shit.

Next Episode, What's the Difference, and definitely STILL DRE (got chills when I first heard that shit).  Other than that, the beats ranged from decent (Murder Inc, Light Speed, Ackrite) to great (Forgot about Dre, Fuck You) but most of the album was NOT on some next level shit.  THe album was sequenced very nicely and the songs were great songs aside from a few.

What Dre really needs is THREE AMAZING beats/songs.  The rest will fall into place.....it remains to be seen if he still has a StILL DRE in him though..

AM I THE ONLY ONE ON THIS PLANET WHO THINKS HIGHER SUCKS?

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #42 on: July 27, 2009, 08:16:12 PM »
higher was dope and one of games best selections but it got borin
higher>>>in da club
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #43 on: July 27, 2009, 09:10:15 PM »
Detox is gonna have a different sound to it anyways.  Probably typical Dre formula (pianos, horns, saw synths, etc.) with a new twist to it.  He'll probably just end up hooking up with Khalil mostly, maybe QDT/Terrace Martin, and a few joint collabs with a couple of big named producers (maybe).  It'll be all played out by a live band and it'll be more "poetry" in the bars (from an artist point of view) or just plain ol' shit talkin (again).  Detox is gonna be hot with a fresh sound to it.  Will it be ground breaking?  probably not, but it's Dr. Dre so who knows.  Detox will be Dr. Dre's Blueprint III I know.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #44 on: July 28, 2009, 08:13:17 AM »
it'll be more "poetry" in the bars (from an artist point of view)

LMAO....when have you ever heard Dre spit poetry?