Author Topic: So When Will The West Deliver Finally Or What Artist Will Deliver  (Read 639 times)

NiCc_FrUm_ThA_nO

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • EastSide But I Represent The Whole F
Re: So When Will The West Deliver Finally Or What Artist Will Deliver
« Reply #30 on: August 01, 2009, 12:06:15 AM »
^ I dont listen to the radio either, aside from morning radio shows. Just curious what newer shit have you listened to? my bad, but you saying that you only listen to west coast rap was misleading.

You call other people kids but your opinion 'that i should go fuck myself' is pretty childish homie..

So you don't like the newer shit that people have recommended, doesn't mean hip hop is dead. Dig and you'll find something you like, there's shit out there for everybody.

I don't need a decade to decide if an album is classic or not. I know what I like, and if I'm blown away and claim it is a classic then it will be in my collection and listened to over the years. I can't listen to an album hundreds of times over a decade because I listen to so much more new shit thats being released everyday. Plus I have mixes on my ipod so the entire CD doesnt really get much play sometimes, unless i'm in the mood for that cd.

ICHI THE KILLER

« Reply #31 on: August 01, 2009, 12:25:38 AM »
^ I dont listen to the radio either, aside from morning radio shows. Just curious what newer shit have you listened to? my bad, but you saying that you only listen to west coast rap was misleading.

You call other people kids but your opinion 'that i should go fuck myself' is pretty childish homie..

So you don't like the newer shit that people have recommended, doesn't mean hip hop is dead. Dig and you'll find something you like, there's shit out there for everybody.

I don't need a decade to decide if an album is classic or not. I know what I like, and if I'm blown away and claim it is a classic then it will be in my collection and listened to over the years. I can't listen to an album hundreds of times over a decade because I listen to so much more new shit thats being released everyday. Plus I have mixes on my ipod so the entire CD doesnt really get much play sometimes, unless i'm in the mood for that cd.

+1
real talk

Nutty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: August 01, 2009, 01:09:32 AM »
They'll deliver when they find their 'new' sound, like 'g funk' was in the 90s.

I'm with Acgrundy, the 90s was the golden era.  8).

westside159

« Reply #33 on: August 01, 2009, 03:02:40 AM »
Nipsey Hussle - South Central State Of Mind  is the 1 that will bring some new light on the west .  the other new dudes and the mixtape no album having lames  crooked i , G Malone , etc etc  will flop

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #34 on: August 01, 2009, 03:03:01 AM »
lol this is like a monthly event.

move on

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #35 on: August 01, 2009, 01:36:58 PM »

move on

lol, yeah i don't get it.

this one guy agrundy acts like he is the only person in the world to listen to old classic albums; yeah we all heard The Chronic, Doggystyle, Death Certificate, All Eyez On Me & 187.

no one is debating that music of today is better than music of yesterday; but there is no reason to be caught in the past, when there is great music being put out today.

no reason to overlook it & call it "weak/wack/boring" just because it's not on the same level as Me Against The World lol.

dopeascanbe

• 'G'
« Reply #36 on: August 01, 2009, 05:21:02 PM »
Music is always changing. When music started it was raw beats and lyrics, then the rap mixed with rock and roll, and g-funk sound came, then it was rnb sounding rap(which is still happening now, now its autotune(i know cats like roger troutman did it, but he was like the only one) which a lot of people are doing. who knows whats next.  the only way we are going to get that old hip hop back is if people(all people) start rejecting the radio, and ask for that good shit again, or artist start saying fuck making big money and the majors, im happy with little money and the art form.(HOW MUCH OF THAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN), or the major labels and the radio are going to say we want to do and play want our artist want us to do or play. There are many artist trying to get on, so if artist, even the heavy hitters wont do what the majors feel sells, they will send the artist packing and go to the next one. Majors feel like they can make another eminem or fif or jay or ti, etc. what the older cats listen to or say is hot, most of the young cats are not feelin. these young cats will be older in a few years and there kids will be listening to what ever is poppin at that time and they will complaining just like we are.  We may never get back to what you were feelin. You are either going to have to deal with the music of today or just say fuck it. Personally i just listen to what i like.

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Id rather be rich n unhappy than poor n miserable
« Reply #37 on: August 01, 2009, 07:04:54 PM »
people get so emotional about music.  lol

'Oh I can't see him, I can't see God', YA'LL CAN'T SEE FUCKIN' AIR NEITHER!
Quote from: QuietTruth
Prove to me the wind. Show me the wind man. I want proof of that shit. Cuz I don't see it.

Fatdodger

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • WHUT UP FRED
« Reply #38 on: August 01, 2009, 07:10:19 PM »

Shit We Do Get Emotional but thats because music is important to all of us on the forum if its not important to you what the fuck are you doing here.

REAL WESTCOAST G

I REP THAT WEST

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Id rather be rich n unhappy than poor n miserable
« Reply #39 on: August 01, 2009, 07:19:27 PM »

Shit We Do Get Emotional but thats because music is important to all of us on the forum if its not important to you what the fuck are you doing here.

i love music, but im not about to spend all this time arguing with someone about some trivial shit. 

'Oh I can't see him, I can't see God', YA'LL CAN'T SEE FUCKIN' AIR NEITHER!
Quote from: QuietTruth
Prove to me the wind. Show me the wind man. I want proof of that shit. Cuz I don't see it.

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #40 on: August 01, 2009, 08:48:45 PM »
listen to HopSin, you don't like that; just log off, you people make me sick.

hip hop isn't dead, people are just ignorant to other shit; shut your radios off fags.

People like you make me sick.  I don't listen to the radio except for talk radio.  I don't even know what the fuck is on the radio.  I have never listened to a 50 cent or lil wayne album.  The ONLY rap albums I listen to are westcoast rap w/ the exceptions of like scarface, nas, eightball & mjg, do or die, and some others.

And yes, I stick by my claim.  Rap music is dead and been dead.  The music fucking sucks nowadays.  LOL, this forum talked like Blaqkout was going to ressurect the west...haha that album was lame...boring.  These "new west" rappers suck...they are boring.  Welcome to reality.

Just because some of you are 16 year old kids and got into rap with Eminem, doesn't mean you have an valid opinion.  You don't know what it was like when there was good rap music.  You kids are too young.  

how can you be a fan of hip-hop when you only listen to west coast albums? what the fuck is that?  your opinion is irrelevant because you admitted you're a bias fucker
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

Fatdodger

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • WHUT UP FRED
« Reply #41 on: August 01, 2009, 09:16:41 PM »

i love music, but im not about to spend all this time arguing with someone about some trivial shit. 

It not about trivial shit my my nig its about what bangs and shit has not banged in a long time

REAL WESTCOAST G

I REP THAT WEST

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #42 on: August 01, 2009, 09:20:15 PM »
Like I said earlier, it is all about what you are looking for. If you are expecting the days back in the late 90's to early 2000, 2001 of multi platinums albums, you will not get that here on the west or damn near anywhere else unless ya name is Weezy. If you enjoy good, quality material by new artists and established ones, they are still out there. Just because it is not advertised or highly talked about does not mean it does not exist.

ICHI THE KILLER

« Reply #43 on: August 02, 2009, 12:05:10 AM »

It not about trivial shit my my nig its about what bangs and shit has not banged in a long time

i just got new BLACK MIKEY album from DIEGO and its bangs from start to finish
u just need to know where to look for it ;D

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #44 on: August 02, 2009, 01:40:52 AM »

move on

lol, yeah i don't get it.

this one guy agrundy acts like he is the only person in the world to listen to old classic albums; yeah we all heard The Chronic, Doggystyle, Death Certificate, All Eyez On Me & 187.

no one is debating that music of today is better than music of yesterday; but there is no reason to be caught in the past, when there is great music being put out today.

no reason to overlook it & call it "weak/wack/boring" just because it's not on the same level as Me Against The World lol.
true, but it's like talking to a brick wall.

this topic needs to be closed ASAP