Author Topic: So When Will The West Deliver Finally Or What Artist Will Deliver  (Read 635 times)

Fatdodger

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • WHUT UP FRED
Over the last 3-4 years Ive heard very few albums that delivered its always that the production is iffy or the features are pretty weak or the length of the album is short. If i had to put my money on a westcoast artist it would either be snoop or kurupt even though snoop hasn't made anything good in a while. The producer that i know would make an impact but haven't in some time i would put my money on Fredwreck Battlecat and Dr Dre just from there previous hits.

REAL WESTCOAST G

I REP THAT WEST

acgrundy

Re: So When Will The West Deliver Finally Or What Artist Will Deliver
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2009, 12:11:38 PM »
rap music has been dead...its gone.  Be happy you were fortunate enough to get that golden era of the 90's.  Hundreds of great album came out then.  I don't even check out new albums from my favorite artists anymore.  I'm happy with all the old music I have.  Much of it is timeless.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2009, 12:13:41 PM »
rap music has been dead...its gone.  Be happy you were fortunate enough to get that golden era of the 90's.  Hundreds of great album came out then.  I don't even check out new albums from my favorite artists anymore.  I'm happy with all the old music I have.  Much of it is timeless.

shiiit, even that gets old after a while, trust me.  especially with the new hd technology coming out.  pretty soon, most of the older records won't even compare. 

Fatdodger

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • WHUT UP FRED
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2009, 12:16:13 PM »

Maybe thats what i have to do but i don't want to believe that its dead i feel that we can make a strong push and right now that music is dead from everywhere is when we have to strike.

REAL WESTCOAST G

I REP THAT WEST

outlaw77

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2009, 12:40:26 PM »
Over the last 3-4 years Ive heard very few albums that delivered its always that the production is iffy or the features are pretty weak or the length of the album is short. If i had to put my money on a westcoast artist it would either be snoop or kurupt even though snoop hasn't made anything good in a while. The producer that i know would make an impact but haven't in some time i would put my money on Fredwreck Battlecat and Dr Dre just from there previous hits.

i take it you havent heard "witness tha realest" my friend . GREAT production , GOOD features , GREAT length [no skits , 17 songs str8 up] , and GOOD lyrics . i consider it a westcoast classic . go to youtube and type "witness tha realest" and you can listen to every song off the album then you'll see what i mean .

acgrundy

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2009, 01:08:10 PM »

shiiit, even that gets old after a while, trust me.  especially with the new hd technology coming out.  pretty soon, most of the older records won't even compare. 

LOL...you're right, the older records won't compare...they will be in a whole different league because the new stuff is so crappy that it would be unfair to compare them.

I'm 29.  Been listening to westcoast rap for 15-16 years.  No, the old stuff doesn't get old.  I'd rather listen to an album like Operation Stakola that I  have heard well over 250 times, before I can even finish 1 listen of a new album.

oak20land510-415

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2009, 03:09:49 PM »
Operation Stackola was a DOPE album

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2009, 06:17:34 PM »
Take your tampon out.  You're crying like some bitches.  Hip-Hop isn't dead and it won't ever die.  You just got old and bitter.  Your ears don't think shit is as fresh as it used to be because you've lived longer.  Get over yourselves. 

Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2009, 06:19:27 PM »
listen to HopSin, you don't like that; just log off, you people make me sick.

hip hop isn't dead, people are just ignorant to other shit; shut your radios off fags.

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2009, 06:21:27 PM »
lol cham you a fool
might jus have to make some changes and add this to the history channel

listen to HopSin, you don't like that; just log off, you people make me sick.

hip hop isn't dead, people are just ignorant to other shit; shut your radios off fags.
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Fatdodger

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • WHUT UP FRED
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2009, 08:31:47 PM »
Take your tampon out.  You're crying like some bitches.  Hip-Hop isn't dead and it won't ever die.  You just got old and bitter.  Your ears don't think shit is as fresh as it used to be because you've lived longer.  Get over yourselves. 

Fuck you what the fuck do you like t-pain akon rick ross shit sucks right now or if it doesnt tell me whats good.

REAL WESTCOAST G

I REP THAT WEST

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2009, 09:38:14 PM »
Yeah I have no problems finding and enjoying quality west coast albums. Would I like to see more have mainstream success? Sure. But at what price?
« Last Edit: August 01, 2009, 08:50:57 PM by D~Nice »

Blasphemy

« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2009, 09:57:34 PM »
Yeah I have no problems finding and enjoying quality west coast albums. Would I like so see more have mainstream success? Sure. But at what price?
Price:Selling out, Hypocritical, major of tracks have to be club, toned down.  :'( lol

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2009, 10:01:26 PM »
Yeah I have no problems finding and enjoying quality west coast albums. Would I like so see more have mainstream success? Sure. But at what price?
Price:Selling out, Hypocritical, major of tracks have to be club, toned down.  :'( lol

exactly and that is what's selling right now so people should not expect a dope album with none of that to sell at this point. It is almost like people are afraid to get behind a dope album people either have not heard or is different from the slop played on the radio.

Jaydc555

« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2009, 10:05:01 PM »
People are acting like club songs and one hit wonders on the radio is something new to rap LOL