Author Topic: heres a real ? that i need help with  (Read 116 times)

LAZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
heres a real ? that i need help with
« on: October 27, 2002, 11:41:54 PM »
alrite how do i help sum1 rom cuttin them selves? i really need 2 know so i can help this person.. she needs help and i wanna help her BAD but i dunno how i can help her so how can i? and also dont get n a relationship were the girl does that shit it hurts u
« Last Edit: October 27, 2002, 11:45:26 PM by DPG206 »

closetothalimit

Re:heres a real ? that i need help with
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2002, 03:16:09 AM »
one of my friend's girlfriends did this when he tried to break up with her and now he is caught in a relationship with her

from what i understand they do to release the emotional pain they feel inside. it makes them feel pain other then what is inside, some may just do it for attention though. if it is from emotional pain try talking to her about any problems she has or has had in her life. if she doesnt feel secure enough to open herself up, suggests she seeks a professional to talk to. plenty of normal people visit thearpist.

hope this helps in some way. im sure there is more information on the net, it is quite a big problem amongst depressed youth.

LAZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2002, 04:34:33 PM »
thanx that did help but wut would i look under on the internet?

Trauma-san

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2002, 08:40:26 PM »
She's doin' it like Rain said because she wants attention.  The only problem is, if you give her attention, she'll just want more and it'll reinforce the idea that if she does something stupid, she'll get what she wants.  The trick is, you have to make her realize why she's doing what she's doing, so she can mature and realize that it's destructive, and hurts the people around her a lot more than it hurts her.  The best thing to do, is to be there for her, and try and help her understand why she does it.  

LAZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2002, 09:16:30 PM »
She's doin' it like Rain said because she wants attention.  The only problem is, if you give her attention, she'll just want more and it'll reinforce the idea that if she does something stupid, she'll get what she wants.  The trick is, you have to make her realize why she's doing what she's doing, so she can mature and realize that it's destructive, and hurts the people around her a lot more than it hurts her.  The best thing to do, is to be there for her, and try and help her understand why she does it.  

she said she does it 2 get her pain out.. and iv told her even if doesnt hurt her it hurts people that care about her like her dad and me and alot of other people.. and bein there 4 her and im tryin 2 get her 2 stop but its hard.. thanx trauma and thanx again rain

closetothalimit

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2002, 11:03:59 PM »
thanx that did help but wut would i look under on the internet?

i dont know, ive heard of it plenty of times and im sure there would be a name but i dont know it sorry

no problem, and good look helping her.

obskured

• Lil Geezy
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2002, 01:35:31 AM »
it's called self harm, or self injury..

check this site out:

http://www.palace.net/~llama/psych/injury.html

good luck with it all... that shit usually takes a while to sort out.