Author Topic: NEW DOGG POUND "BLESSIN FROM "THAT WAS THEN THIS IS NOW" PRODUCED BY HI-TEK  (Read 1723 times)

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
now this is the shit DPG should be droppin

no shock hi tek would produce such a dope track
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

MarshColin

Well Wideawake owns Daz's catalog from Death Row and wants to release it. Daz doesn't have to do a god damn thing, and he will make money with Wideawake, so why is it fuck them?

Daz, Snoop, and Dre would likely be able to tell everyone that.

Wideawake is a business trying to recoup $25 million and make a profit, people usually get pissed off at people that try to do them wrong. That's all I can say for sure.

Snoop and Daz seem to be concerned about doing shit themselves and being independent hence.. Nu-Ro Records.

What I'm saying is they can do their independent thing and do whatever the hell they want on their own, and WideAwake can release the material that they have on them, on their own without any assistance from Daz & crew. Nobody is saying they have to like resign to Death Row or anything like that. To me it just seems like an effortless way for them to make more money and they don't gotta worry about shit. And for Daz to already be saying fuck them is kinda jumping the gun don't you think? I read an interview with Lara Lavi that is pretty recent that paints a different picture of what Daz thinks of WideAwake. At this point, Lara definitely holds WAY more credibility than Daz and you and I both know that's true.

Alex: Have you spoken to any of the older artists that made Death Row what it was?

Lara: I know. I’ve had a chance to sit in a room as recently as last week with Daz (Dillinger), Supafly and Lady of Rage, when they were on tour in Vancouver and actually had heart to heart’s with them. Not just sit around and you know…sit around.

Lara: I’ve had lengthy conversations with Snoop’s management and lawyers and one very solid conversation with Snoop. Dre is waiting to see us put our money where our mouth is. Like I said with the Tupac Shakur estate, I would say I am on the best possible terms with Afeni Shakur.

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
Afeni is a bitch

rollindown101

• Muthafuckin' OG
Well Wideawake owns Daz's catalog from Death Row and wants to release it. Daz doesn't have to do a god damn thing, and he will make money with Wideawake, so why is it fuck them?

Wideawake is a business trying to recoup $25 million and make a profit, people usually get pissed off at people that try to do them wrong. That's all I can say for sure.

Snoop and Daz seem to be concerned about doing shit themselves and being independent hence.. Nu-Ro Records.

What I'm saying is they can do their independent thing and do whatever the hell they want on their own, and WideAwake can release the material that they have on them, on their own without any assistance from Daz & crew. Nobody is saying they have to like resign to Death Row or anything like that. To me it just seems like an effortless way for them to make more money and they don't gotta worry about shit. And for Daz to already be saying fuck them is kinda jumping the gun don't you think? I read an interview with Lara Lavi that is pretty recent that paints a different picture of what Daz thinks of WideAwake. At this point, Lara definitely holds WAY more credibility than Daz and you and I both know that's true.

Alex: Have you spoken to any of the older artists that made Death Row what it was?

Lara: I know. I’ve had a chance to sit in a room as recently as last week with Daz (Dillinger), Supafly and Lady of Rage, when they were on tour in Vancouver and actually had heart to heart’s with them. Not just sit around and you know…sit around.

Lara: I’ve had lengthy conversations with Snoop’s management and lawyers and one very solid conversation with Snoop. Dre is waiting to see us put our money where our mouth is. Like I said with the Tupac Shakur estate, I would say I am on the best possible terms with Afeni Shakur.

Anyway you look at it Wideawake spent $25 million that it has to recoup and make a profit. Why make some company rich off your own material? They already did that once with Suge. They'll get paid regardless. If anything all the old Death Row artists have a vested interest in making sure Wideawake fails and hoping nothing gets released. If they see those assets drop in price and get split apart, remove the 2pac option album, they might be able to get their masters at a decent price. I would not be surprised if this is Dre's plan as it is.

And if I'm an artist going on tour.. I make more money doing it myself rather than under a record label taking a cut of the ticket sales. DPG does not need Wideawake, Wideawake needs them to make cash.

If Wideawake offers the artists back their masters.. that's when some cool shit could go down.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2009, 07:21:01 PM by soopapriest »

Leave the mastering to the experts and people who originally did it..

http://www.berniegrundmanmastering.com/engineers/grundman.html

JohnnyL

Exactly.  Daz, Kurupt, and Co. don't have to do anything but sit back and collect checks from Wideawake.  I fail to see the negative in the equation.  This is obviously not
the same Death Row Records that they had problems with in the past.  At this point, Death Row is now just the catalog of unreleased and already-released music.  If they want to continue their fued with Suge Knight, so be it.  But Suge Knight doesn't own Death Row. Lara Lavi owns Death Row, and thus far she hasn't had one disparaging thing to say about them.  As the head of a record label, she's obviously trying to make the label successful.  But aside from that, it seems as though one of her primary goals is to see that all the former artists get paid. She's already said this countless times, in the numerous interviews that have already been conducted.

mikeOG

• Quadruple OG
  • Muthafuckin' OG
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!

So dre wants to get paid for this chronic Re-lit project and maybe then he'll give the go-ahead for his unreleased music? am i getting this right?

MarshColin

Anyway you look at it Wideawake spent $25 million that it has to recoup and make a profit. Why make some company rich off your own material? They already did that once with Suge. They'll get paid regardless. If anything all the old Death Row artists have a vested interest in making sure Wideawake fails and hoping nothing gets released. If they see those assets drop in price and get split apart, remove the 2pac option album, they might be able to get their masters at a decent price. I would not be surprised if this is Dre's plan as it is.

And if I'm an artist going on tour.. I make more money doing it myself rather than under a record label taking a cut of the ticket sales. DPG does not need Wideawake, Wideawake needs them to make cash.

If Wideawake offers the artists back their masters.. that's when some cool shit could go down.

I see your argument with the tour but that is a completely separate issue. And saying that WideAwake needs DPG, DPG doesn't need WideAwake is complete bullshit. I guarantee you that WideAwake could put out an unreleased Dogg Pound album and properly market it without any support from Tha Dogg Pound and sell more than any album of new material that DPG can put on the shelf right now. It's not that they need them or don't need them, it's that they WANT work to work with former artists, have a good relationship, and allow them to make money off stuff that they NEVER would have had a chance to make money off in the past.

Offer the artists back their masters? Ummm, like you said they spent a lot of money ($18 million not $25) and need to recoup. What do u think is the majority of that $18 million? Oh that's right, MASTERS! So they should sell all the artists back their masters for a couple g's and be able to make zero future profit off of those recordings and recoup a very small percentage of what they just paid for the company? HELL NO!

At the end of the day WideAwake is a business looking to make money and they are looking to do it the proper and respectable way so people need to quit faulting them for trying to do the right thing, given the situation. I don't think a lot of you have really thought about how shit would be going if a different set of people bought Death Row. I seriously don't think anybody that had the money to buy Death Row would be nearly as close to doing for us fans what WideAwake is doing. They have the artists', the fans, and their own best interests in mind with the agenda they are running now. So we need to support them and STFU about all this other bullshit. Seriously, STFU and support them.

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
LMAO, just noticed Daz says fuck Death Row, old and new

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
wide awake...they should call that shit half asleep.

rollindown101

• Muthafuckin' OG

I see your argument with the tour but that is a completely separate issue. And saying that WideAwake needs DPG, DPG doesn't need WideAwake is complete bullshit. I guarantee you that WideAwake could put out an unreleased Dogg Pound album and properly market it without any support from Tha Dogg Pound and sell more than any album of new material that DPG can put on the shelf right now. It's not that they need them or don't need them, it's that they WANT work to work with former artists, have a good relationship, and allow them to make money off stuff that they NEVER would have had a chance to make money off in the past.

Offer the artists back their masters? Ummm, like you said they spent a lot of money ($18 million not $25) and need to recoup. What do u think is the majority of that $18 million? Oh that's right, MASTERS! So they should sell all the artists back their masters for a couple g's and be able to make zero future profit off of those recordings and recoup a very small percentage of what they just paid for the company? HELL NO!

At the end of the day WideAwake is a business looking to make money and they are looking to do it the proper and respectable way so people need to quit faulting them for trying to do the right thing, given the situation. I don't think a lot of you have really thought about how shit would be going if a different set of people bought Death Row. I seriously don't think anybody that had the money to buy Death Row would be nearly as close to doing for us fans what WideAwake is doing. They have the artists', the fans, and their own best interests in mind with the agenda they are running now. So we need to support them and STFU about all this other bullshit. Seriously, STFU and support them.

Watch and see what really happens. Thanks for the laugh! I am glad their marketing campaign is working on you and you fully support a company!

Also if you knew the business you would realize the deals were already done back in the day. There's nothing for the artists to gain in supporting Wideawake, that's why they should give back the masters and then Wideawake can make some money on selling the albums and the artists would be happy having their masters back. If Chronic relit sells 30,000 that might net Dre what like $90,000 at the most. Laughable by what they do now. As I recall DPG 2002 did not sell shit compared to Dilliinger & Young Gotti, in fact this will be all distributed by Koch too so another strike there. The only thing that will have a chance of selling well is the 2pac option album (assuming Interscope is part of the deal), everything else will be in the 100,000 or less category. $18 million was a waste for these assets, it would have been better for a massive fan based group buy. Warner Brothers had it right when they bid $5 million.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2009, 04:05:05 PM by soopapriest »

Leave the mastering to the experts and people who originally did it..

http://www.berniegrundmanmastering.com/engineers/grundman.html

sprite

you can't go wrong with Hi-Tek