Author Topic: Alternate Version of BTNH's Tha Crossroads  (Read 568 times)

ikke

Alternate Version of BTNH's Tha Crossroads
« on: August 06, 2009, 06:28:52 PM »
was just watching tv and the video came on and it wasn't at all the version I had.
This version came wtih the album I downloaded, is it official or fake?
http://limelinx.com/files/b59e2c6df414fe3da97bca9b7ef3ba7b

R1ZE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Do 4 Love
Re: Alternate Version of BTNH's Tha Crossroads
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2009, 06:32:39 PM »
thats the original.. called "Crossroads". the famous one is DJ Uneek's Mo Thug remix, but mostly known as "Tha Crossroads". There's also a third version which sounds like the remix, except it has flesh and alternate verses

ikke

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2009, 06:35:28 PM »
thats the original.. called "Crossroads". the famous one is DJ Uneek's Mo Thug remix, but mostly known as "Tha Crossroads". There's also a third version which sounds like the remix, except it has flesh and alternate verses

thanks,

I deleted the remix because i thought it was just a bunch of different verses xD

midwestryder

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2009, 06:41:34 PM »

thanks,

I deleted the remix because i thought it was just a bunch of different verses xD
man you are really new school .  everybody from era knows about this . the remix came out in 1996 . while the original album version & the album came out in the summer of 95. they went & rereleased the album with the remix version on it & taking the original album version off a year later. i always asked why couldn't they have both on the album not just one . i thought that was stupid

R1ZE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Do 4 Love
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2009, 06:45:40 PM »
esp since Tha Crossroads doesnt really fit on E1999... its their Art of War style. Either put it on that or Mo Thug vol. 1

ikke

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2009, 06:48:22 PM »

thanks,

man you are really new school .  everybody from era knows about this . the remix came out in 1996 . while the original album version & the album came out in the summer of 95. they went & rereleased the album with the remix version on it & taking the original album version off a year later. i always asked why couldn't they have both on the album not just one . i thought that was stupid
I was born in 93....

Jimmy H.

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2009, 12:08:16 AM »
It happens from time to time. They put out an alternate version/remix of an album cut as a new single. Sometimes, they put it out as a re-issue, other times they just throw it on another project. There's 50's "P.I.M.P." remix with Snoop, Busta Rhymes had "Fire It Up" and "Pass the Courversier", Diddy "All About The Benjamins", Mobb Deep on 50's "Outta Control", the Method-Mary J. "All I Need" collabo. There's also a slight difference in the instrumental for Nas' "Hate Me Now" between the first print and the second.

Suga Foot

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2009, 08:37:46 AM »

thanks,

There is a version of the album with both versions on it.  I don't have it, but I know people that do.  Mine only has the og.

wardy

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2009, 09:08:01 AM »
was talking at work today about Crossroads (and a certain remake)as the bone thugs version came on my ipod, and the uk heads will know of a certain group which ruined a classic, aint even gonna say there name but fuck me that version was criminal and they should hold there heads in shame

ikke

« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2009, 09:20:17 AM »
was talking at work today about Crossroads (and a certain remake)as the bone thugs version came on my ipod, and the uk heads will know of a certain group which ruined a classic, aint even gonna say there name but fuck me that version was criminal and they should hold there heads in shame
blazin squad?
that version was really gay

wardy

« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2009, 09:21:09 AM »
blazin squad?
Yep thats the one, what a fuckin disgrace it was  >:(

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2009, 12:21:03 PM »
blazin squad?

i still dont understand who gave them permission to cover it. Surely it was bone thugs or ruthless, they must have realised it was a pile of crap.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

ikke

« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2009, 12:23:05 PM »
blazin squad?
i still dont understand who gave them permission to cover it. Surely it was bone thugs or ruthless, they must have realised it was a pile of crap.
Bone-Thugs-N-Plagiarism

Suga Foot

« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2009, 02:34:49 PM »
blazin squad?

I just checked youtube:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/kCUc_B6rPMQ&amp;hl" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/kCUc_B6rPMQ&amp;hl</a>

lol

Some of the comments are just as funny:

HA!!! Had to come to this video just for a laugh! What bunch of chav twats, they're all screwing their faces up as if they're hard or something, well that or their shitting in their nappys

I need to go to England.

Nutty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2009, 03:12:18 PM »

thanks,

I didn't even know the remix was a remix, lol.