Author Topic: if christians were to........?  (Read 586 times)

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
if christians were to........?
« on: October 29, 2002, 09:57:27 AM »
If christians were to move to the middle east, set up christian churchs, and become devote followers of their faith in the midst of a muslim culture what would happen?

If muslims currently living in the middle east converted to christianity and wanted to break away from their country what would happen?

If christians went over to the middle east straped themselves with bombs and blew up muslim churches what would happen?

If an American a group of americans moved to the middle east and set up businesses would buy from them?

In america there are muslims that worship here, jews that worship here, chinese, japanese, indians, africans, russians, germans.  America is fairly tolerant of all these people, yet in every single other country in the world there is hatred towards different cultures.  Different asian countries dislike each other and are prejudice towards each other.  Different middle eastern countries are prejudice towards each other.  Plenty of countries are prejudice against the United States.  Yet everyone complains that the US is racist, prejudice, ignorant.  Do you really think it is possible to provide every member of the population with such a superior education that we are all completely unbaised in our beliefs and void of any inherent perceptions?

Why should the US have to accomplish this task when other countries are allowed to have prejudices without criticism?  The whole country cannot be educated to a level of complete understanding on the way the world works.   This is evident simply by observing this board.  I myself have yet to accomplish this task and i probably won't for a long time if ever.  

So why waste so much time and effort criticizing a country for not achieving the impossible.   You're asking for us to create a culture were every politician, journalist, citizen has a complete understanding and tolerance of other cultures.  That is not feasible.  Show me a country that has done so and I will retract my previous statement.

Instead of criticizing, attacking, and condeming  each other for our lack of knowledge why not do your part to teach. People are largely shaped by there environment not everyone is just going to get up one day and say yeah i been all wrong my whole life time to change.  Does anyone really want to admit they are wrong?  So why is all this belittling going to change things?

Im guilty of this myself. But what I am noticing is people here criticize each other not to teach but to boost their own personal self esteem.  People criticize becuz they have their own problems and they want to feel like they are more important, smarter, better than the next guy by defeating someone else in an arguement.  Anyone can argue, its a much more difficult skill to learn how to teach. Im not good at it myself.  But think of it this way.

Would you rather live your life thinking you're better than everyone else or happier than everyone else?

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
Re:if christians were to........?
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2002, 10:26:57 AM »
lol, im sure that essay took you a while but it is pointless

i attack American Foriegn policy, with a lil other potshots once in a awhile just to piss these sensitive thugs off

surely America can correct its foriegn policy
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2002, 11:38:55 AM »
In america there are muslims that worship here, jews that worship here, chinese, japanese, indians, africans, russians, germans.  America is fairly tolerant of all these people, yet in every single other country in the world there is hatred towards different cultures.

That is not right. America isn't the only country that's tolerant of other cultures and religions

CWalker187

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2002, 12:28:16 PM »
Ant your post was 100% accurate. Muslims could really learn alot about love and tolerance from Christian countries. Like you said, how would Muslims react if Christians raided theatres and took 700 Muslims hostage and started executing them, or if Christians blew up restaurants filled with Muslims? Hell, all Jerry Fallwell did was called Mohammed a name, and they responded by rioting and killing people in Pakistan, and in Iran they publically called for his death. I never saw Americans rallying and protesting against Muslims after September 11.

Muslims really have to address their religious intolerace. Did you know that in Saudi Arabia it is against the law to be anything expect Muslim? During the Gulf War when American soldiers where stationed in Saudi Arabia to protect them, the Saudis tried to prevent American troops from celebrating Christmas! It is sickening.

Trauma-san

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2002, 12:31:17 PM »
^^ Yeah that one statement isn't entirely correct... but I agree with generally what Ant's getting at, and I don't think it's a useless post.  I think it taught me something, or at least reinforced an idea I was throwing around in my head, anyways.  Thanks Ant, I appreciate your optimistic reality, lol.  I mean, you realize, in reality, not everyone is perfect, but are still optimistic enough to make something good out of our differences, and not consider the world doomed.  

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2002, 07:31:59 PM »
yeah i misarticulated that one line... i meant to say america is farily tolerant relative to most other countries in the world. but in all countries america included there exists prejudice in some form.

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2002, 07:45:25 PM »
lol, im sure that essay took you a while but it is pointless

i attack American Foriegn policy, with a lil other potshots once in a awhile just to piss these sensitive thugs off

surely America can correct its foriegn policy

You also, as i said before, attack america to give your own personal ego a boost.  Also, whether you realize it or not you appear quite sensitive yourself.  While you think you are succeeding in your attacks consider your opposition.  Most people on here are not very knowledgeable on the subjects you argue about, yet you use them as verification that you're correct in your beliefs.  Had you posed these same arguements to someone of superior knowledge and intellect it would be a different story.    

Surely America can correct its foreign policy?... I will stick with my previous statement.  Perfection is an impossible goal.  If America was to please you it would upset all the christian fanatics.  It does its best to be fair of both sides, but in a political environment where people criticize your every move this is difficult.  Sometimes certain things must be let go for a better good.  If a president upsets his christian following then he loses votes.  Politics is a serious of difficult choices very few of which have definite right answers.  If it was so easy then anyone could be president and our government would not constiture 1/3 of our GDP since there would be nothing to it.  We aren't perfect but we do a good job.  

If nothing else we are better than average as government, country, society.  But in my belief we are much above average. Even so we shouldnt ignore our faults.

But by demanding that which cannot be accomplished you create no value for society, your arguement only serves to boost your own ego.  

You want to be considered an intelligent person change another person's perspective.  Like i said before anyone can argue, a small few can teach, and to actually change a persons way of thinking and perspectives on life is a skill very few people can master.

But forget all that, because at this point you don't have the skill set.  You're closed minded,  poorly articulated, and stuck in your own set of beliefs unable to understand how another person could possible think otherwise (they must just be stupid).  You wanna be considered something special, learn another persons perspective, show you can learn a new relgion, show you can crticize your own religion, show u can achieve success in the work force, in school or college, in your personal life.   You have done none of these things thus far so why should anyone here listen or side with you?

If you answer only one question im asking. Tell me what quality do you possess that would make people want to acknowledge and value your opinions?
« Last Edit: October 29, 2002, 07:49:12 PM by Ant »

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2002, 08:11:10 AM »

But forget all that, because at this point you don't have the skill set.  You're closed minded,  poorly articulated, and stuck in your own set of beliefs unable to understand how another person could possible think otherwise (they must just be stupid).  You wanna be considered something special, learn another persons perspective, show you can learn a new relgion, show you can crticize your own religion, show u can achieve success in the work force, in school or college, in your personal life.   You have done none of these things thus far so why should anyone here listen or side with you?

If you answer only one question im asking. Tell me what quality do you possess that would make people want to acknowledge and value your opinions?

nice attempt to analyze me, but it doesnt work, you're horribly incorrect and u did a real good job of misjudging me

close minded? stuck in my own beliefs? there is no one here who can accuse me of being some muslim brainwashed fanatic who attempts to justify everything that Muslims do, good or bad

its really sad when someone who doesnt even know u makes all sorts of comments about you.  i take it u havent read alot of my posts,

how am i close minded?  born in kuwait, and ive been raised in Canada, western nation, etc etc
ive learned alot about the non muslim perspective,
ive studied christianity and sikhism, and i routinely have discussions in my school with other students, they all have opposite views, but i respect that.

let me see...i condemned al qaeda, plo, pakistani isi and its terrorists in Kashmir, ive condemed suicide bombings and the Taliban

so tell me how im close minded or stuck in my ways?

i have a set of beliefs and principles that i adhere to passionately, just because i dont agree with others means im close minded?

the only argument that i can honestly say i refuse to respect is anti Islam, the C walker type.

you, my friend are the close minded one,attempting to justify america's foriegn policy simply by sayin not all of us can be perfect, that is a cop out, what if i said leave Bin Laden alone, he isnt perfect and he cant change or else he'll insult his extremist muslim constituents, lol

Work Force- well, i worked at pizza hut for almost 2 years, employee of the month
Personal Life- lots of friends, satisfied with my sex life, great relations with my family, afghan community
Education- graduated high school with honours, studying global political studies in York University

I have criticized the distortation of my religion numerous times, i have learned the perspective of others, i didnt grow up in a Muslim nation, so  grew up living a perspective different than mine, and i have learned about other religions

i feel ridicolous having to explain my education and personal life to a complete stranger, but thats what happens when strangers make assumptions about u

now Ant, how about you take some of your own advice,
ive criticized my nation, religious policies, yet i dont recall you ever criticizing your own Govt, you pawn, you simply justify there policies with your lil "no ones perfect" specch

class dismissed
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2002, 09:05:01 PM »
to assume makes an ass out of u and me.

me for obvious reasons... u becuz you had to go off swearing and name calling.......

im working on being more open minded.. i just purchased a copy of the quran to learn about islam... i also renounced my own religion (christianity, specifically roman catholic)... but plan on taking time to relearn it from an outsiders perspective once i have the time.

however i still think you should consider the rest of what i wrote.  i have seen you use this technique in your arguements frequently here.  what you do is read a someone point and attempt to discredit them by finding the weakest link in their statement and focusing on it.

again, that is not such a difficult task to accomplish.  it is more difficult to take the strongest parts of an arguement and refute that, rather than just search for the weak link... its even more difficult to accept another persons point as being correct.

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2002, 03:03:57 PM »
the weakest of the pride must be killed first

although, i must say i respectfully accept your criticisms, but i aslo respectfully disagree

i dotn believe that i criticize America to boost my ego, im a simple man from simply folks, froma  simple family of very simple backround

am i sensitive, i guess no one can really admit that, it would take an outsiders perspective like you said.
i criticize American foreign policy because i believe it is the cause of many of todays problems, and i believe it is directly linked to extremism in Islam, a disease that has crippled my faith.

i dont believe correcting its foriegn policy is impossible on America's part. I dont believe correcting ones foreign policy is similiar to seeking perfection.  I seek justice, not perfection, that my friend is impossible.

yes, i do admit that some of my approaches are not as useful as i may think it to be, i thank you for such criticisms, but also understand.  Yes, there are some here who dont command a great deal of knowledge about political affairs, therefore when those same people speak about it, making themselves look idiotic with their ignorant comments, than that does frustrate me.

i dont think i clown people who are intelligent and know what they are talkin about, i am having an intelligent conversation with you now, would you not agree?
a similiar conversation with lets say M dogg or Trauma will not involve me spewing insults, but when people like Cwalker make ignorant and prejudicial comments, wouldnt you expect me to be upset? after all, isnt perfection imposible?

- Lewis Carroll

Maestro Minded

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2002, 03:05:40 PM »
Ant your post was 100% accurate. Muslims could really learn alot about love and tolerance from Christian countries. Like you said, how would Muslims react if Christians raided theatres and took 700 Muslims hostage and started executing them, or if Christians blew up restaurants filled with Muslims? Hell, all Jerry Fallwell did was called Mohammed a name, and they responded by rioting and killing people in Pakistan, and in Iran they publically called for his death. I never saw Americans rallying and protesting against Muslims after September 11.

Muslims really have to address their religious intolerace. Did you know that in Saudi Arabia it is against the law to be anything expect Muslim? During the Gulf War when American soldiers where stationed in Saudi Arabia to protect them, the Saudis tried to prevent American troops from celebrating Christmas! It is sickening.

you must be blind... muslim were chased everywere after the terrorist bombing... even here in europe

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2002, 07:33:42 PM »
the weakest of the pride must be killed first

although, i must say i respectfully accept your criticisms, but i aslo respectfully disagree

i dotn believe that i criticize America to boost my ego, im a simple man from simply folks, froma  simple family of very simple backround

am i sensitive, i guess no one can really admit that, it would take an outsiders perspective like you said.
i criticize American foreign policy because i believe it is the cause of many of todays problems, and i believe it is directly linked to extremism in Islam, a disease that has crippled my faith.

i dont believe correcting its foriegn policy is impossible on America's part. I dont believe correcting ones foreign policy is similiar to seeking perfection.  I seek justice, not perfection, that my friend is impossible.

yes, i do admit that some of my approaches are not as useful as i may think it to be, i thank you for such criticisms, but also understand.  Yes, there are some here who dont command a great deal of knowledge about political affairs, therefore when those same people speak about it, making themselves look idiotic with their ignorant comments, than that does frustrate me.

i dont think i clown people who are intelligent and know what they are talkin about, i am having an intelligent conversation with you now, would you not agree?
a similiar conversation with lets say M dogg or Trauma will not involve me spewing insults, but when people like Cwalker make ignorant and prejudicial comments, wouldnt you expect me to be upset? after all, isnt perfection imposible?

yeah i feel that i get pissed and just want to start swearing at times too.

Black Pack

• Lil Geezy
  • whaat?
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2002, 09:03:47 AM »
and blew up muslim churches

Muslim Churches? Ever heard of the word "Mosque"?

"Blew the whole shit up on some 'what this button do ?'" - MF Doom
"Ignorance is an option, not genetic"-Aphter LyphE7

CWalker187

« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2002, 10:56:51 PM »

you must be blind... muslim were chased everywere after the terrorist bombing... even here in europe

What are you talking about?

ToNe1904

« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2002, 11:21:06 PM »
If christians were to be honest and stop being hypocrits...

damn, finally a breakthru in Hall of Mirrors...LOL  ;D