Author Topic: Speeding tickets...  (Read 567 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: Speeding tickets...
« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2005, 11:44:02 PM »
Well it's too late for that now... you're supposed to ask him after he pulls you over... but yeah you should fight the ticket... there's nothing to lose... if you win the case, you don't pay shit and no traffic school... if you lose, then you do what you were gonna do anyways.... go to court and say you want an extension... they'll give you a 2 month extension... then before the due date go in and pay the bail amount and tell them you want a trial by written declaration... fill that form out and send in your case... the cop will do the same, and the judge then decides... if you win you get your money back, if you lose you do traffic school.... but the dope thing with the trial by written declaration is that you can get a re-trial in court lol... the chance of the cop writing his shit after all those months is less likely than him appearing in court cuz he gets paid a couple hundred bux to go to court... he ain't gonna pass up that donut money...

But what are the chances I'll win if I fight it? Is it really worth going through the process if the chances that I'll win are slim to none? It's basically my word against the cops. What will my excuse be, that I wasn't speeding? How often do you think the courts get that...

PS...You didn't answer my question. Have you tried the methods? And have you succesfuly fought tickets?

J @ M @ L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2005, 11:50:54 PM »
Well it's too late for that now... you're supposed to ask him after he pulls you over... but yeah you should fight the ticket... there's nothing to lose... if you win the case, you don't pay shit and no traffic school... if you lose, then you do what you were gonna do anyways.... go to court and say you want an extension... they'll give you a 2 month extension... then before the due date go in and pay the bail amount and tell them you want a trial by written declaration... fill that form out and send in your case... the cop will do the same, and the judge then decides... if you win you get your money back, if you lose you do traffic school.... but the dope thing with the trial by written declaration is that you can get a re-trial in court lol... the chance of the cop writing his shit after all those months is less likely than him appearing in court cuz he gets paid a couple hundred bux to go to court... he ain't gonna pass up that donut money...

But what are the chances I'll win if I fight it? Is it really worth going through the process if the chances that I'll win are slim to none? It's basically my word against the cops. What will my excuse be, that I wasn't speeding? How often do you think the courts get that...

PS...You didn't answer my question. Have you tried the methods? And have you succesfuly fought tickets?

If your chance is greater than 0 why wouldn't you do it? LOL
It's not like you pay more if you lose... you'll just pay the amount and do the traffic school, which you were gonna do anyways.

Yeah, it's your word against the cop's... in court that would work against you because the judge would be less willing to ridicule the cop by making him out to be a liar... but trial by written declaration the judge just compares the two statements (if the cop even sends one in). If you get the 2 month extension, there is a chance the cop might not send his in and/or he won't remember specifics, and depending on whether or not he's honest, he might report that to the judge in his report because that's what he's supposed to do (not saying much for LAPD, but you never know)

I didn't read the entire thread, so how fast were you going and what was the speed limit in that zone?

Yeah I've successfully fought tickets, and I'm actually fighting one again... I went in last month to get the extension and in a few weeks I'm gonna pay the bail amount, and then do the trial by written declaration... I've already prepared my statement so we'll see how that shit goes.

my throat hurts, its hard to swallow, and my body feels like i got a serious ass beating.

LOL @ this fudgepacker

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2005, 11:53:39 PM »

If your chance is greater than 0 why wouldn't you do it? LOL
It's not like you pay more if you lose... you'll just pay the amount and do the traffic school, which you were gonna do anyways.

Yeah, it's your word against the cop's... in court that would work against you because the judge would be less willing to ridicule the cop by making him out to be a liar... but trial by written declaration the judge just compares the two statements (if the cop even sends one in). If you get the 2 month extension, there is a chance the cop might not send his in and/or he won't remember specifics, and depending on whether or not he's honest, he might report that to the judge in his report because that's what he's supposed to do (not saying much for LAPD, but you never know)

I didn't read the entire thread, so how fast were you going and what was the speed limit in that zone?

Yeah I've successfully fought tickets, and I'm actually fighting one again... I went in last month to get the extension and in a few weeks I'm gonna pay the bail amount, and then do the trial by written declaration... I've already prepared my statement so we'll see how that shit goes.

I was going 53 and the speed limit was 35...Any pointers on what to include and disclude from the statement?

We Fly High

« Reply #33 on: September 15, 2005, 12:01:06 AM »
i got caught 90 in a 70. luckily they put is as 85+ in a 70, and i only had to pay like 89 bucks or some shit. pretty chill, no traffic class either.

J @ M @ L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: September 15, 2005, 12:01:30 AM »
LOL... you're basically gonna have to hope that the cop doesn't send his in or that he admits he doesn't remember specifics... so make sure you get the extension, and then send it in right about when it's due... this will kill a few months lol...

You could write that someone was tailgating... or that you had just made a turn out of a residential street and there was a lot of cars coming your way so you just wanted to temporarily speed up to avoid that.... I dunno just make up some bullshit and hope he doesn't send his in.. you got nothing to lose except a few minutes to type something up.. LOL you wrote a whole essay to the dealership, you can do this

my throat hurts, its hard to swallow, and my body feels like i got a serious ass beating.

LOL @ this fudgepacker

J @ M @ L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: September 15, 2005, 12:03:05 AM »
i got caught 90 in a 70. luckily they put is as 85+ in a 70, and i only had to pay like 89 bucks or some shit. pretty chill, no traffic class either.

LOL the difference between being eligible for traffic school and doing it.... and "no traffic class" is that your shit shows up as a point on your driving record... with traffic school it doesn't...

LOL @ this fudgepacker

Diabolical

« Reply #36 on: September 15, 2005, 02:27:00 AM »
IM surprised i havent got one yet im always over the limit.

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #37 on: September 15, 2005, 03:10:39 AM »
i speed more than anyone i know, i go like 80/90 in 35s and shit, and the only speeding ticket i got was with my dui,
That's not speeding. That's reckless driving, if not suicide. Are u serious about the 80/90 in 35s? I understand exaggeration, but this is to the extreme. Dude if you are serious I feel bad for the people crossing the streets that you are driving on.
nah, they are like open streets, but ye, i am serious. and highways, 120 baby.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #38 on: September 15, 2005, 09:48:02 AM »
LOL... you're basically gonna have to hope that the cop doesn't send his in or that he admits he doesn't remember specifics... so make sure you get the extension, and then send it in right about when it's due... this will kill a few months lol...

You could write that someone was tailgating... or that you had just made a turn out of a residential street and there was a lot of cars coming your way so you just wanted to temporarily speed up to avoid that.... I dunno just make up some bullshit and hope he doesn't send his in.. you got nothing to lose except a few minutes to type something up.. LOL you wrote a whole essay to the dealership, you can do this

Well, I'll probably give that a shot...Hopefully it turns out for the better.

Don Seer

« Reply #39 on: September 15, 2005, 10:00:10 AM »

yeah me too sometimes...

here we have a lot of static cameras... which local people know.. but if u stray from home territory you have to have your wits about u... about 2/3 months ago i went on holiday a couple times.. one time i was coming back from newquay (UK surf capital) in the deep south western most part of the UK about 150 odd miles on my own on ok-ish A-reads (single/sometimes dual carriageways... no motorways) and was doing around 100 mph.. luckily i have decent brakes.. and actually at second i saw the camera I wasnt sure if the road was a 40 or 50 at  so i made it from 100 -> under 40 and coasted through with my brake lights off :D ... (it was a 50..)  .. but alll my camping gear jumped off my rear seats and bashed into mine

the only times i've been worried that i've been caught and luckily so far gotten away with it are when i've been up all night, am hungover or both..

Theodore

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #40 on: September 15, 2005, 10:29:01 AM »

yeah me too sometimes...

here we have a lot of static cameras... which local people know.. but if u stray from home territory you have to have your wits about u... about 2/3 months ago i went on holiday a couple times.. one time i was coming back from newquay (UK surf capital) in the deep south western most part of the UK about 150 odd miles on my own on ok-ish A-reads (single/sometimes dual carriageways... no motorways) and was doing around 100 mph.. luckily i have decent brakes.. and actually at second i saw the camera I wasnt sure if the road was a 40 or 50 at  so i made it from 100 -> under 40 and coasted through with my brake lights off :D ... (it was a 50..)  .. but alll my camping gear jumped off my rear seats and bashed into mine

haha yeah around here i know where they be at, but when im going somewhere else im looking more aside the road, looking for them cameras then on the road  ;D

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: September 15, 2005, 11:24:51 AM »

I don't know how it goes over in the US, but where i'm from that doesn't even sound that bad.

I got done doing about the same speed (except in km/h) and i had to cop a $230 fine with a loss of 3 points (out of 12).

We only get 3 points total here. At least in Minnesota. And I'm up to 2 1/2.

I got two speeding tickets so far. The first one, I was going 80 in a 55, and the second one I was going 81 in a 55, but I had a passenger so they bumped it up to reckless endangerment which is almost a felony. It's been 2 years since then though. I'm almost in the clear. One more year and my record is clean.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #42 on: April 24, 2011, 08:14:53 PM »
Who here has gotten a speeding ticket and how have they handled it? Which is better, traffic school online or real traffic school?...I got a bullshit ass speeding ticket yesterday and I was wondering if the traffic school online BS is worth it or if there are any ways to reduce the consequences...I don't want a bunch of homos entering this thread to tell me that I'm crying, I want some responses from those who have actually gotten speeding violations...Thanks...PeACe

stop crying
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens