Author Topic: 50 cent? Reggaeton?  (Read 684 times)

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: 50 cent? Reggaeton?
« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2009, 07:56:55 PM »
I don't agree with that statement.

I bet Drake is going to sell a decent amount.  Even CuDi is going to do aiight numbers.

There's clearly popular artists like Gucci Man.
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2009, 08:33:19 PM »

I bet Drake is going to sell a decent amount.  Even CuDi is going to do aiight numbers.

Drakes got no buzz anywhere here in New Zealand, neither does Gucci. There's few Superstars that can still sell all around the world, and Lil Wayne doesn't have enough influence to push another superstar in my opinion... I think Cudi could definintely blow around the world, his music is pretty universal, and "Day N Night" still gets burn over here

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: August 17, 2009, 08:47:06 PM »

Drakes got no buzz anywhere here in New Zealand, neither does Gucci. There's few Superstars that can still sell all around the world, and Lil Wayne doesn't have enough influence to push another superstar in my opinion... I think Cudi could definintely blow around the world, his music is pretty universal, and "Day N Night" still gets burn over here

I didn't know you were speaking on the world stage.  Most artist never hit that big.  I was thinking the United States which is where I'm from.  CuDi is making strong waves in the U.S and Drake has been for the past month or so off a street tape; I refuse to call it a mixtape because it's not.  I assume Drake has his Canada area locked down but I don't know because I'm not from there.

I'm convinced the only reason 50 was able to hit markets across was the world was due to Scott Storch's production on the Massacre.  The Indian sound connected with a lot of folks.  Additionally, Eminem cosigned him when he (Eminem) was the hottest out.  The only reason Eminem was able to because he's a white man that could ACTUALLY rap.

Reflecting artists on a world stage is another whole perspective and makes for an interesting discussion.  I don't think most even try to set themselves up to break through on that level.  It was odd to me that Bobby Creekwater is in Japan performing.  I didn't even know he had fans there.
- Banks

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: August 17, 2009, 11:02:51 PM »
50 was huge before the Massacre, Get Rich sold 11 million world wide. And yeah, a lot of artists do perform world wide, but its usually smaller clubs etc. Japan is pretty into their hip hop, even local New Zealand rappers get sold out shows out their. But yeah on an international level it's completely different to National. Drake definitely got it locked in the U.S., be interesting to see how his career goes...

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: August 17, 2009, 11:05:04 PM »
Did it really?  damn
- Banks

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #35 on: August 18, 2009, 06:25:38 AM »
haha

50's been hell of quiet lately.   I wonder how what marketing scheme he's planning to pitch BISD on now.  We all know for damn sure he's going to release a new single.
he won't be able to drop an album this year: i've stated it before.
the funny thing is, he was dissing artists that were signed to koch, yet his 5 minutes of fame are over

I didnt know having three multi platinum albums qualified as 5 minutes of fame.

Lol word
you guys missed the point: he isn't very popular anymore.
2 years ago, 50 cent stated that he would destroy Kanye with the first week sales, but it didn't happen.
even though 50 cent could still do decent numbers in 2009, he will still be a huge flop, according to his own logic.

i dont know what rock youve been living under but NOBODY is popular anymore.Nobody sells records anymore.
maybe you've been living under a rock, cause there are definitely artists that are more popular than 50 cent right now.

Yeah but terming it "5 Minutes" of fame is understating his previous influence hugely. I predict 50 to do about 500k first week, and hopefully hit platinum, he needs a major single though
it's sarcasm ;)

Jaydc555

« Reply #36 on: August 18, 2009, 06:44:53 PM »
Who said anything about artists being more popular then 50?I never said anything about that.We werent even talking about that.Get your head out of your ass.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
Re: 50 cent? mushrooms?
« Reply #37 on: August 19, 2009, 02:46:21 AM »
Who said anything about artists being more popular then 50?I never said anything about that.We werent even talking about that.Get your head out of your ass.
ayo mr.mushroom, you posted:

i dont know what rock youve been living under but NOBODY is popular anymore.Nobody sells records anymore.
even if it served a different purpose than you intended, it's still yours.
nice try though :loser:

Jaydc555

Re: 50 cent? mushrooms?
« Reply #38 on: August 19, 2009, 06:18:30 PM »
ayo mr.mushroom, you posted:

even if it served a different purpose than you intended, it's still yours.
nice try though :loser:

[/quote
ILL TYPE IN CAPITAL LETTERS SO YOU CAN READ IT EASIER.WHERE DID I SAY NOBODY WAS BIGGER THEN 50?I DIDNT.I SAID NOBODY IS POPULAR ANYMORE,AND ITS THE TRUTH.