Author Topic: atheism  (Read 4549 times)

LAXCENTRAL

Re: atheism
« Reply #105 on: August 22, 2009, 11:34:45 AM »
scientist couldnt completely prove the bible wrong, and they cant completely prove the big bang theory right.

true enough. But religion deals largely with a subject that people are too afraid of to admit that they dont know the answer.  Anything else you would look at logically and not believe it until it is proven to you.  To use the example I used earlier, a scientist couldnt PROVE to you that there are not invisible rats running around your room right now.  Is that a reason to believe they are there?
daygo... hommie... you're confusing me... can you explain that better

LAXCENTRAL

« Reply #106 on: August 22, 2009, 11:35:23 AM »
Does god have to be a concience/entity?

Can't god be the universe?
The force that keeps everything working?

That would make allot more sense
that makes sense... but religion is a cooler way of reppin that

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #107 on: August 22, 2009, 11:54:17 AM »
scientist couldnt completely prove the bible wrong, and they cant completely prove the big bang theory right.

true enough. But religion deals largely with a subject that people are too afraid of to admit that they dont know the answer.  Anything else you would look at logically and not believe it until it is proven to you.  To use the example I used earlier, a scientist couldnt PROVE to you that there are not invisible rats running around your room right now.  Is that a reason to believe they are there?

What Im saying is that there are alot of people who are too afraid to simply say they dont know what happens after death. Its scary to a lot of people to not know, or to think that when we die...its over completely.  That same fear can make a typically logical person think illogically.  They rationalize an argument that would not apply to any other similar set of circumstances.  They say that its ok to believe in God and Heaven and Hell, etc. because although you can not prove its true...you also cant prove its not true.  The same could be said for my example of the invisible rats.  I could tell you they are there and they protect you and have a master plan for what will happen in all of our lives....and you cant prove to me that they arent. The fact that you cant prove to me that they ARENT there isnt a good enough reason to believe that they are....its illogical.  Same with the idea of an invisible man in the sky that watches over us. IMO.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

LAXCENTRAL

« Reply #108 on: August 22, 2009, 12:25:16 PM »

What Im saying is that there are alot of people who are too afraid to simply say they dont know what happens after death. Its scary to a lot of people to not know, or to think that when we die...its over completely.  That same fear can make a typically logical person think illogically.  They rationalize an argument that would not apply to any other similar set of circumstances.  They say that its ok to believe in God and Heaven and Hell, etc. because although you can not prove its true...you also cant prove its not true.  The same could be said for my example of the invisible rats.  I could tell you they are there and they protect you and have a master plan for what will happen in all of our lives....and you cant prove to me that they arent. The fact that you cant prove to me that they ARENT there isnt a good enough reason to believe that they are....its illogical.  Same with the idea of an invisible man in the sky that watches over us. IMO.
look lots of people such as yourself... you make logical sense with stuff like that...
however i still choose to believe that God is a higher power... and it just makes my life easier...
all my family since 301 have been CHRISTIANS

« Reply #109 on: August 22, 2009, 03:00:35 PM »

look lots of people such as yourself... you make logical sense with stuff like that...
however i still choose to believe that God is a higher power... and it just makes my life easier...

Thats cool.  Im not tryin to convince you to NOT believe in God or your religion.  The way I look at things is, whatever makes you better as a person...do it.  If you believed in a pet rock...but for some reason you were a better person for it, do that shit.  I think for some people, religion or their belief in God helps them...for some, it hurts them.  Likewise, my belief that organized religion is full of shit doesnt hurt me.  There could be a "God" or there could not be...none of us know.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

ikke

« Reply #110 on: August 22, 2009, 03:07:36 PM »
Conflicts between religions are caused by people trying to convert others...

That's why I'm not as tolerant towards Christians anymore......It's queen's fault ::)

« Reply #111 on: August 22, 2009, 03:19:21 PM »

That's why I'm not as tolerant towards Christians anymore......It's queen's fault ::)

u know u gotta be extra careful not to get into any arguments with that sig u got... :-X

ikke

« Reply #112 on: August 22, 2009, 03:27:46 PM »

u know u gotta be extra careful not to get into any arguments with that sig u got... :-X
yes lol xD

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #113 on: August 22, 2009, 04:22:15 PM »
yea but, i mean lets be reasonable, we all know someone or something created us, whether it be a god, or matter. i believe religions try to define what we dont know.
Exactly.

I like these ignorant christians in here, clamoring to each other for reassurance and support in the face of the ugly truth thats staring them down.

its interesting that so many believe in a particular religion due to their fear of death, yet (because of their beliefs) they should welcome death more then any of us.

But we do. Like I said be before, death is glorying. Just becuz people get sad and upset that they lose someone shouldn't be held against them. It's crazy how you could have someone in your life and than all the sudden be taken away, no longer in the flesh with you. But time goes on, and you know that they are in a better place. Everybody is scared of death, nobody knows what goes on after that....but we ALL are gonna die, and for someone to think that nuthin' happens after the fact, than I feel sorry for you and them negative realizations ya'll believe.

I mean how could ya'll think we was just put on some Earth to just die and that's it..? We just formed outta nowhere, outta some living organism to unexpectedly die at any given moment? That just doesn't make sense to me..

Naw, my point wasnt that religious folks should not mourn the loss of a loved one.  What Im saying is that one of the motivating factors in believing in a particular religion is the fear of what happens after death.  But if you believe in Christianity for example, death should be welcomed as it brings you to Heaven (hopefully).

As far as nothing happening after death, I dont see that as negative.  I just see it as realistic.  I think that sayin "ya'll think we was just put on some Earth to just die and that's it" is far more negative. Maybe an Athiest believes we are here to live.

I dunno, I agree we came from somewhere. I just think its normal egotistical man creating this Jesus character in the likeness of another man and God (though he isnt in physical form) has a lot of human character traits. lol.  My thing is, what makes it appear as if religion has been created just to appease peoples fears is that our creator (God) is always good.  He's loving, and caring, etc.  How do you know our creator isnt completely evil and hateful?

I hear you.

But there are Atheists on this board who say that shit, 'think we was just put on some Earth to just die and that's it', and comparing that ideation to one a Christian believes, is just negative. You, I don't think belongs in that category, but them hardcore Atheists, unfortunately yeah. I mean I ain't tryin' to speak for you, don't take it like that, but I'm just sayin' you don't come off like that..

And yeah but..

Even Bananas himself, said Atheism is a lil bitter. And for real though, shit IS.

I gotcha. I think there are also a fair amount of Athiest who make comments like that (we're just here to die) just to get under other peoples skin...especially on here.

True. That's a good possibility.

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #114 on: August 22, 2009, 04:41:23 PM »

Thats cool.  Im not tryin to convince you to NOT believe in God or your religion.  The way I look at things is, whatever makes you better as a person...do it.  If you believed in a pet rock...but for some reason you were a better person for it, do that shit.  I think for some people, religion or their belief in God helps them...for some, it hurts them.  Likewise, my belief that organized religion is full of shit doesnt hurt me.  There could be a "God" or there could not be...none of us know.

See that's all good.

However..atheists be tryin' to convince or push out their beliefs in various forms too.

When they start tryin' to take OUR rights AWAY, to claim and protect their 'rights', by doing stupid shit, is when I have a lil problem. Like for example. Atheists wanted to remove the manger off The Green at Christmas time becuz they said it violated their rights. Can someone please explain that? Here's a real good one. A CA suburb removed The Bill Of Rights outta the classroom becuz it was 'spiritually misguiding'. That is HISTORY. What in the fuck. Mind baffling. What is next? Christmas carols banned from department stores. IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE IN GOD, what's it to you? How is these simplistic actions hurting you? You know what I'm sayin'? If they preachin' and pushin' religion to try to convert you, than thats another thang....like a man with a Bible standing in front of K-Mart on Christmas Eve...or somethang along those lines...ya know shit like that....but honestly I don't understand how any of those other thangs above are violating rights.

It's as if they gotta be defiant and pick apart the 'unintelligent who believe in some mystery in the sky'....that's when I catch feelings. :-\

ikke

« Reply #115 on: August 22, 2009, 04:49:55 PM »

See that's all good.

However..atheists be tryin' to convince or push out their beliefs in various forms too.

When they start tryin' to take OUR rights AWAY, to claim and protect their 'rights', by doing stupid shit, is when I have a lil problem. Like for example. Atheists wanted to remove the manger off The Green at Christmas time becuz they said it violated their rights. Can someone please explain that? Here's a real good one. A CA suburb removed The Bill Of Rights outta the classroom becuz it was 'spiritually misguiding'. That is HISTORY. What in the fuck. Mind baffling. What is next? Christmas carols banned from department stores. IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE IN GOD, what's it to you? How is these simplistic actions hurting you? You know what I'm sayin'? If they preachin' and pushin' religion to try to convert you, than thats another thang....like a man with a Bible standing in front of K-Mart on Christmas Eve...or somethang along those lines...ya know shit like that....but honestly I don't understand how any of those other thangs above are violating rights.

It's as if they gotta be defiant and pick apart the 'unintelligent who believe in some mystery in the sky'....that's when I catch feelings. :-\
Seriously :o??
Probally those kind of people who complain about everything they can because it makes them feel better then the others...

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #116 on: August 22, 2009, 04:58:37 PM »

See that's all good.

Seriously :o??
Probally those kind of people who complain about everything they can because it makes them feel better then the others...
Prolly.

Everybody and their 'rights'.

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #117 on: August 22, 2009, 04:58:49 PM »
The humans themselves is gonna kill off the race before God even gets a chance. ;D

« Reply #118 on: August 22, 2009, 05:22:13 PM »

See that's all good.

Yeah some shit can be a little over the top.  But some shit I understand. Im all for the seperation between church and state. I dont understand why the pledge of allegiance is still said in classrooms when it says "under God".  I dont think thats right, when not all children believe in a God.  The Allegiance is ok, because the classes are in America...but the "under God" part isnt right. Or even the fact that our money says "In God We Trust".  I dont see how thats right either.  Neither of those two hurt me personally, but if our Pledge of Allegiance said "without God" you can best believe every religious person out there would be in an uproar over it and would think it wasnt right for their children to have to say it every morning. Down here thers been an ongoing battle over whether or not to keep a cross up that is public property.  Its been there forever, but I can see why some people get bothered. Not just Athiest, but anyone who doesnt use a cross as a symbol for their religion.  Best believe if it were a Star of David, there woulda been swastikas spray painted all over it by now...

LAXCENTRAL

« Reply #119 on: August 22, 2009, 05:35:33 PM »

I DON TRY CONVERTING NO ONE...
 BUT IF SOME ONE  WANTS TO BE CHRISTIAN ID GUIDE THEM..