Author Topic: is Slaughterhouse a west coast classic?  (Read 1248 times)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Re: is Slaughterhouse a west coast classic?
« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2009, 11:03:58 PM »
maybe in a few years from now this album will be concidered a classic; i mean it did only hit stores a little over a week ago lol.

West Coast Classic? never; all it had was Crooked I & the vibe of the whole album wasn't West Coast in the slightest.

Elano

« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2009, 11:09:30 PM »
maybe in a few years from now this album will be concidered a classic; i mean it did only hit stores a little over a week ago lol.

West Coast Classic? never; all it had was Crooked I & the vibe of the whole album wasn't West Coast in the slightest.

concidered :D

JD Bastin

« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2009, 11:06:09 AM »
so is it o not?

Okka

« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2009, 11:19:16 AM »

Come on, it wasn't that great. I hope they get better beats on the 2nd album.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: August 19, 2009, 11:39:00 AM »

so beats are what you think are holding it back from "not being that great"?

i think Microphone is a top beat of the year, personally; i didn't have problems with any particular beat.

definitely not bad enough to affect it too bad.

i said it before, albums in the 90's weren't placed under such a high-powered microscope; no disrespect to your opinion though.

Elano

« Reply #35 on: August 19, 2009, 11:49:05 AM »

i think Microphone is a top beat of the year

LMFAO ROTFL LOL  :laugh:
i don't know....i'm fuckin speechless

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #36 on: August 19, 2009, 11:54:22 AM »

i think Microphone is a top beat of the year, personally; i didn't have problems with any particular beat.

i said it before, albums in the 90's weren't placed under such a high-powered microscope; no disrespect to your opinion though.

Albums in the 90's were not placed under a microscope because the material in the 90's was so far advanced from the 80's overall. Hip hop as a genre has not been around that long a period of time to where you have decades of music to compare it too. For hip hop the golden age, sales and quality wise, most will agree is the 90's. So any and everything after that the 90's is the benchmark. Granted we are in a recession amongst other changes in the industry but it is what it is. Now does that mean a great or classic album cannot be crafted or done now? No. Slaugtherhouse's album is dope imo but when people associate the word classic with anything out now, most will go back to previous memory and bring up albums from the 90's.

Is it fair? Probably not but if you did a survey of hip hop fans and asked them what albums they thought were classic, the majority I bet would be from the 90's. That was a incredible time for hip hop, almost spoiled in a sense the amount of dope material that came out during that time.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: August 19, 2009, 12:10:34 PM »

Albums in the 90's were not placed under a microscope because the material in the 90's was so far advanced from the 80's overall. Hip hop as a genre has not been around that long a period of time to where you have decades of music to compare it too. For hip hop the golden age, sales and quality wise, most will agree is the 90's. So any and everything after that the 90's is the benchmark. Granted we are in a recession amongst other changes in the industry but it is what it is. Now does that mean a great or classic album cannot be crafted or done now? No. Slaugtherhouse's album is dope imo but when people associate the word classic with anything out now, most will go back to previous memory and bring up albums from the 90's.

Is it fair? Probably not but if you did a survey of hip hop fans and asked them what albums they thought were classic, the majority I bet would be from the 90's. That was a incredible time for hip hop, almost spoiled in a sense the amount of dope material that came out during that time.

agreed, but like you said it's not fair.

not even just this album, every album in the last 8 years have been nit-picked at for the smallest shit; where if you disected "classics" from the 90's that closely, you could find something to bitch about.

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: August 19, 2009, 12:20:37 PM »

agreed, but like you said it's not fair.

not even just this album, every album in the last 8 years have been nit-picked at for the smallest shit; where if you disected "classics" from the 90's that closely, you could find something to bitch about.

I am sure you could. But that time is considered the blueprint. It is not fair that great players like a LeBron or Kobe are compared to Magic or MJ but it is what it is. Albums should be graded in their own element and time, how it changed the genre. The only real issues with current albums and that classic tag is time. Would or could it stand the test of time. 90's albums have because of time. They have been out for 10-20 years now. 2010 drops, albums from 2000-2009 will be looked at in a different light because now time has passed. Fair? No but understandable if you look at classic albums from a time standpoint.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2009, 12:23:01 PM by D~Nice »

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: August 19, 2009, 12:22:00 PM »
What I do like about SH is people have been talking about groups like this for years and finally not only do they form but they stay together long enough to do a album.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #40 on: August 19, 2009, 12:47:01 PM »
What I do like about SH is people have been talking about groups like this for years and finally not only do they form but they stay together long enough to do a album.

that's what i said when they first got together.

it's the kind of group that you name when your homie says "if you could pick any four rappers to be in your group..."; you would reply with the 4 of Slaughterhouse lol.

MediumL

« Reply #41 on: August 19, 2009, 01:47:44 PM »
lol if this is a classic then a lot of good albums are classics. Blu Below the Heaven >>> SH. Lol at people saying this is the best album in the last 3-4yrs but hey if thats ur opinion fine/  :laugh:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454</a>

thebayinthebildin

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #42 on: August 19, 2009, 01:55:18 PM »
wow all of u are retards who said it wasnt classic. it is well known that lil wayne's carter 3 is considered a classic by MANY people. and that is the most recent album to be considered as a classic.

when comparing slaughterhouse to the carter 3?? SLAUGHTERHOUSE SHITTTTTSS

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #43 on: August 19, 2009, 03:03:48 PM »
if Gay-macc says it isn't, then it must be one LOL
i just gave my opinion, why must u hate ???

http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=226380.msg2294895#msg2294895

go fuck yourself.
im going 2 be the better person, its not worth getting banned again. :'( its a dope site 8)

better person LMAO you two bit moron
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #44 on: August 19, 2009, 03:04:07 PM »
wow all of u are retards who said it wasnt classic. it is well known that lil wayne's carter 3 is considered a classic by MANY people. and that is the most recent album to be considered as a classic.

when comparing slaughterhouse to the carter 3?? SLAUGHTERHOUSE SHITTTTTSS
+1
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens