Author Topic: is Slaughterhouse a west coast classic?  (Read 1242 times)

Sickaluffa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • my bitch drives what u drive and she got new tits
Re: is Slaughterhouse a west coast classic?
« Reply #60 on: August 30, 2009, 03:00:45 PM »
LMAO @ this album being classic in any sense

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #61 on: August 30, 2009, 03:49:56 PM »
People throw the word classic around here not even knowing what it means. A classic album is an album that has cultural significance, is highly regarded by the hip hop community, and has stood the test of time. This album automatically fails on two categories: (1) its an underground album that hasn't made a big impact. It doesn't matter if the album is better than Illmatic, if nobodies heard it, then it can't be a classic.(2) it was released this year. If its a recent album its disqualified from being a classic. I love how with every album that comes out there's at least one person calling it a classic. But you look at the same album years later and no one's talking about it, not even the guy who was stanning it back then.

The word I think most of you mean to use is masterpiece. Its an entirely different thing.

Slaughterhouse is the best CD in atleast 3-4 years  8)

I sincerely hope you are joking. There's plenty of good music that still comes out every year. The problem is that most people in this section only listen to mainstream, or semi-mainstream rappers.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2009, 03:52:25 PM by rapsodie sees the bitch in you »

Blasphemy

« Reply #62 on: August 30, 2009, 04:59:11 PM »
Blasphemy pretty much sums it up. It didn't provide anything that hasn't been done before. The beats were alright and the lyrics were dope but it wasn't like subject matter or lyrics were mindblowing. They didn't bring a fresh style, it seemed more a homage to the sound of the 90s. And by doing that a) your instantly leading to comparissons from that era and hence the album looks far from classic b) your restricting the ability to move things forward.

In my view their second album should focus on creating a sound that intergrates both the roughness of NY/Jersey/Detroit and the cool/calm feel of the west. Biggie did it supperbly with songs like Juicy and the Clipse merged SOuthern bounce with NY lyrical abilities on Lord Willin.

Tbh i'm gonna judge them on the next album. They should take their time and spend more time finding a dope sound (preferrably produced by max 3-4 producers) and then work on the angle their coming with. To simply be about bringing technically great lyrical skills back then expect people to get bored. 

blashpemy is a great song but it has nothin 2 do with SH

lmao He's talking about me.... lol

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #63 on: August 30, 2009, 05:45:05 PM »
People throw the word classic around here not even knowing what it means. A classic album is an album that has cultural significance, is highly regarded by the hip hop community, and has stood the test of time. This album automatically fails on two categories: (1) its an underground album that hasn't made a big impact. It doesn't matter if the album is better than Illmatic, if nobodies heard it, then it can't be a classic.(2) it was released this year. If its a recent album its disqualified from being a classic. I love how with every album that comes out there's at least one person calling it a classic. But you look at the same album years later and no one's talking about it, not even the guy who was stanning it back then.

The word I think most of you mean to use is masterpiece. Its an entirely different thing.

I sincerely hope you are joking. There's plenty of good music that still comes out every year. The problem is that most people in this section only listen to mainstream, or semi-mainstream rappers.

the best CDs of the last 5 years

slaughterhouse - self titled
non phixion - the green cd
circle of tyrants - self titled
c rayz walz:  1975 return of the beast
majesty - street made

aint seein no mainstream niggas on MY list yo
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

ikke

« Reply #64 on: August 30, 2009, 05:46:49 PM »

majesty - street made

You only care for Crooked I, Tupac, C-Ray walz and Ill bill anyway ::)

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #65 on: August 30, 2009, 06:54:13 PM »

majesty - street made

You only care for Crooked I, Tupac, C-Ray walz and Ill bill anyway

ikke you told me on aim the other night you love Lil Jon so shut up nigga.

Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens