Author Topic: IF YOU DROVE DRUNK AND KILLED SOMEONE...  (Read 619 times)

universe

IF YOU DROVE DRUNK AND KILLED SOMEONE...
« on: August 19, 2009, 10:45:25 AM »
REALISTICALLY, HOW LONG WOULD YOU SENTENCE YOURSELF TO JAIL ?

Big B

Re: IF YOU DROVE DRUNK AND KILLED SOMEONE...
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2009, 11:26:34 AM »
20 years

10 years probation

Suga Foot

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2009, 11:57:07 AM »
As far as jail time, I don't know.  But I'd never drive again.

That's why I never drive drunk, cuz you never know.  Some little kid might run out in front of you, and you're 10% slower reaction time might kill the kid.

universe

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2009, 12:43:15 PM »
On the morning of March 14, 2009, a 2005 Bentley coupe driven by Stallworth struck and killed a pedestrian in Miami Beach, Florida. Stallworth was headed toward the beach when he hit Mario Reyes, 59.  Police initially investigated the accident further to see if charges against Stallworth would be warranted.

Stallworth admitted to drinking the night prior to the accident. According to early reports Stallworth was legally drunk at the time of the accident; news sources reported that his blood alcohol content was 0.12, over Florida's legal limit of 0.08.  Stallworth claims that he flashed his car's headlights to warn Reyes before striking him.  A Miami Beach police report said Reyes was not in a crosswalk on busy MacArthur Causeway when he was struck by the black 2005 Bentley Continental GT driven by Stallworth. Police estimated Stallworth was driving about 50 mph in a 40 mph zone.  The construction crane operator was trying to catch a bus home after finishing his shift around 7:15 a.m.

Stallworth was charged with DUI and second degree manslaughter on April 1, 2009; he surrendered to police on April 2, 2009 and was released on $200,000 bail. He pleaded guilty, and received a sentence of 30 days in jail, plus 1,000 hours of community service, 2 years of house arrest, and 8 years probation. He has also received a life-time suspension of his Florida state driver's license.

On July 10, 2009, Stallworth was released from jail after serving 24 days of a 30-day sentence.

The Associated Press reported on June 16, 2009, that Stallworth and the Reyes family reached a financial agreement, avoiding a civil lawsuit. The amount of the settlement was not disclosed.

On August 13, 2009, NFL commissioner Roger Goodell stated that Stallworth would be suspended for the entire 2009 season without pay.
Stallworth will be reinstated after Super Bowl XLIV.

::)

RaeTy

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2009, 01:38:03 PM »
Damn I couldnt sentence mysell i dont know man i wouldnt drive drunk tho unless it was my last resort i would try to sober up im a smart person

ikke

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2009, 01:52:19 PM »
Depends on what/who I hit

S P I C E

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • LOOK WHO'S BACK
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2009, 02:26:35 PM »
I would sentence myself to 25 years in prison and probation for life.  I would also never drive again, drunk driving is disgusting.

DIP DIP SET SET

RaeTy

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2009, 02:48:23 PM »
thats not cool

C-BLUE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • evil don't die
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2009, 03:01:31 PM »
id give myself 2 days probation and a slap on the wrist...then I'd just get on my wit my life

ikke

« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2009, 03:01:49 PM »
thats not cool
Yes it is.
When I'm drunk I will get blamed even if the guy jumped in front of me.
So if I can prove it wasn't entirely my fault I'd give myself less jail time

herpes

« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2009, 03:30:19 PM »
I would of thrown the body in my trunk and drove to Jamaica Bay to dispose of the evidence.  And than I would maybe take a week off from drinking.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2009, 04:16:59 PM »
id give myself 2 days probation and a slap on the wrist...then I'd just get on my wit my life

I would of thrown the body in my trunk and drove to Jamaica Bay to dispose of the evidence.  And than I would maybe take a week off from drinking.

it's a tough choice between these two.

G-Funk

« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2009, 06:21:20 PM »

.. I guess I can kinda see that, I mean you could've hit a runaway convict :laugh:

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Id rather be rich n unhappy than poor n miserable
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2009, 08:16:05 PM »
a taxi isnt expensive...id much rather pay whatever the fare is, even if the cunt rips me off.

30 dollars from the bar/party > thousands of dollars for bail, lawyers, lost work, suspended license, GUILT...not to mention fucking up my car.

'Oh I can't see him, I can't see God', YA'LL CAN'T SEE FUCKIN' AIR NEITHER!
Quote from: QuietTruth
Prove to me the wind. Show me the wind man. I want proof of that shit. Cuz I don't see it.

Job starring as King Of Zamunda

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • King Of Zamunda
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2009, 08:17:53 PM »
it depends what the person is
HOW TO ROB DUBCC PART 1--> http://www.dubcc.com/forum/index.php?topic=227551.0
"I killed a man who looked like me, whose mother and father looked like my mother and father...and nothing happened," Lawrence Fishburne in Deep Cover

"I would share the definition of balling
with you white folks but no...
the game is to be sold not told
so fuck you." - Pac